**The Official Ralph Lauren Polo Thread**

Hey Fam, been trolling for a min, and thought I'd post.   Love this thread, a lot of great stuff...

Rookie question...  Just picked up the Meyers Leather and was wondering if there was anything special I need to do as far as leather Care

before I Rock...

Here you go @jayrockslo.....first is Mac Miller rocking the 1992 stadium pullover jacket, who knew he was into vintage Lo like that. Thanks for all the love on the tees

thanks for the pics. yeah, i knew what the rlyc tee was when you said it, same with the key west. i think i have two of those. and the '91 yacht tee you mentioned i've seen before as well, but the XCIV would indicate '94 unless you can actually date it back to '91.

that mac miller pic with the stadium pullover is from last year. he's not really into vintage lo. he went and spent a grip with a vintage thrift shop in i believe and the pullover was one of the pieces he picked up along with a bunch of other '90s crap.

Last edited:
thanks for the pics. yeah, i knew what the rlyc tee was when you said it, same with the key west. i think i have two of those. and the '91 yacht tee you mentioned i've seen before as well, but the XCIV would indicate '94 unless you can actually date it back to '91.

that mac miller pic with the stadium pullover is from last year. he's not really into vintage lo. he went and spent a grip with a vintage thrift shop in i believe and the pullover was one of the pieces he picked up along with a bunch of other '90s crap.
yeah it was a shop out in canada.

Fasinfrank? They have some nice vintage stuff. Prices are crazy for most of it though. $150 for a used bear sweatshirt?
indifferent.gif

@jayrockslo, yeah you right about the date, I never paid attention to that, for some reason it seemed to be from 90-91, I was really guessing. I've been collecting so long I haven't even wore half my items...including that tee

Have you guys heard anything about Fulton Mall getting a Ralph Lauren store? I read it on twitter somewhere a few weeks back. 

Also Riverhead is kinda dead for men's clothes but for kids you can find a lot of stuff plus now they have a separate kids store across the street. I had a hard time finding anything XXL in there. 

yea i got postcard about the factory sale. im sure there will be nothing good available when i go. i has da bad lux.

@pmiddy

First of all, fantastic tee collection. But, I just want to formally shout you out for joining this thread. The two main threads I mess with on NT are this one and the Team AF1 thread in Sneaker Showcase, and even though I have good peoples in both who I build with on the regular, it's usually the same old guys. It's always great when new blood pops in that's on some a-alike steez - and it's rare that it happens anymore because the sensibilities that I mess with are old school.

I don't mean to rehash the vintage vs. modern dudes debate in here, but it's good to have another dude from our era and style up in here. I lurked VGA for years without joining because I didn't like all the posturing, but now that it's gone, I really do miss that kind of talk and flavor. ...Even the Polostore IG account has been taken over by posers - dudes who talk big, complain about prices, front like they're old school, and then don''t have single piece of Lo in their post history.

Salute, my man.

...Sorry for the bromance ramble - I had oral surgery this morning, so I'm gassed up (literally) and when I got home decided to start boozing. Self medication FTW!

A few more drinks and I might decide to toss some coals on that attempted North Face thread in Sneaker Showcase...

Last edited:
BTW, Macy's sale and gc order came in today.

Those bear hats are beyond trash. I'd return them, but I bet some simp will bay $200 for the set at some point. If the fit was even marginally acceptable, the black ski joint could be salvageable. Alas, that's not to be.

The flag beanies are on point IMO, though.

Yeah the profile on those hats just look awful. Such a missed opportunity considering the ski bear is one of the cooler bears.

Thanks and good looks @BIP Roberts, not too many from our era...what the new generation will never know was how tough it was living in those times. Having Polo meant a lot back in the day, it probably was the most respected and influential brand in the urban community. It also associated you with many things, being a possible Lo-Life or just an exclusive trendsetter (I've never been a Lo Life, just by association Lol) , but more importantly people got robbed or hurt from just wearing the brand on a daily basis. Sidebar kids these days wear MJ sneaker like white tees...back in the late 80's early 90's you'd be glad just to make it home still wearing MJ's. anyway I digress. It's always great to reminisce, I'm glad I made it out that era. Y'all young bucks just don't know

Yeah the profile on those hats just look awful. Such a missed opportunity considering the ski bear is one of the cooler bears.

Which is why I passed. Very tacky and cheap looking. I hope they do a better bear hat before this round of bear crap is over with.

Which is why I passed. Very tacky and cheap looking. I hope they do a better bear hat before this round of bear crap is over with.
Same here. If my prayers are answered, it'll be a Corduroy 5 panel with a leather strap.

Last edited:
Those fitted wool hats with the sit down bear were dope. What year were they, 92/93? A red Polo Sport Bear hat ended on Ebay like a week ago that looked like it had a cool fit to it. Alot of those Polo Sport hats have nice a nice structure to em. I also love the look of the 'Catch and Release' hats. Anyone here got one of those?

If theyre keeping the bears around for 2014 I'll expect bucket hats for the spring/summer season. Surely they cant mess that up?

Last edited:
Yes, this comes up a lot. The fit of the old hats was superior to the new style. I have a "respect the wilderness" cap, which was in that same line as that catch and release cap from like '94 with the old school build and deep crown. My best fitting hat, love it.

I'm also hoping for a corduroy bear cap or a wool fitted or something. But if they do a cord, it'll probably be like the current corduroy ones with that funny, shallow build. It looks and feels like the front of the hat is laying back on your forehead.

The best bear hats were released between 92-93 IMHO, I had the plaid sit down bear with the strap in HS, but more recently got the red wool fitted version. But if I could get my hand on the 5 panel rl2000 ski bear fleece, that has to be the rarest but coolest one. The RL2000 is a rare line in general. They didn't make a lot of pieces. Other than the Ghost Ski goose, I think the 5 panel bear fleece is the one to have. But like Smoke-Dog stated the older hat were deep fitted, not like Yamaka fit they make nowadays.

Last edited:
Nice collection, The mesh-sided longbills are perfect for hot sunny days. Unlike buckets, which always keep my head hot.

The best bear hats were released between 92-93 IMHO, I had the plaid sit down bear with the strap in HS, but more recently got the red wool fitted version. But if I could get my hand on the 5 panel rl2000 ski bear fleece, that has to be the rarest but coolest one. The RL2000 is a rare line in general. They didn't make a lot of pieces. Other than the Ghost Ski goose, I think the 5 panel bear fleece is the one to have. But like Smoke-Dog stated the older hat were deep fitted, not like Yamaka fit they make nowadays.
Is that the hat in this pic? Havent seen that hat anywhere outside of this picture I found from the Lo Life article on vice.

Oh and props on that hat collection. Love the US 93 Polo hats.

Back
Top Bottom