The Official Slaughterhouse Thread Vol: Welcome to Our House in Stores NOW

I've listened to the album about 4 times front to back now.

Originally I didn't like it.

Now after listening to it a few more times I can take it for what the album is. It's a party/hype album made for mainstream and record playing on radio. It's going to generate solid buzz.

Coffin Feat. Busta Rhymes should BLOW UP in the clubs and radio while Frat House needs to be played on every college and party.

I bought it, it's cool. I like it but I'm not crazy about it. Production is better than their last album.

I've played it four times so far, only song I don't like is "My Life" I like the rest, there's 2-3 beats I don't really like but album is good. A little mainstream but it's not THAT mainstream as some are saying.

I've played it four times so far, only song I don't like is "My Life" I like the rest, there's 2-3 beats I don't really like but album is good. A little mainstream but it's not THAT mainstream as some are saying.

I'm still gonna get it near the end of the week (before they jack up the price), but how does it compared to their 09 album. I thought that one was really good based on Onslaught 2, Microphone, Cut You Loose, and Sound Off alone.

Throw That and Throw it Away are atrocious. the bonus cuts suck too.

but other than that, its not a bad album at all

I'm still gonna get it near the end of the week (before they jack up the price), but how does it compared to their 09 album. I thought that one was really good based on Onslaught 2, Microphone, Cut You Loose, and Sound Off alone.

I have the album, but didn't listen to it yet. I'm a HUGE fan of all of those songs mentioned...and from what I understand, we are both in for a HUGE disappointment.

HammerDance is the ONLY single that is decent (at best). Throw it Away might be one of the worst songs ANY artist in Slaughterhouse has ever created and I STILL have trouble acknowledging the existence of "My Life". I have a feeling that Crooked's mixtape will be better than this whole album and I'm gonna have a difficult time NOT blaming Mr. Mathers...

Personally, I didn't like their debut. That is one of the worst produced albums I've ever heard.

This album is solid. It's not great but what do you expect from a major label album. Of course there will be commercial music. The songs with Swizz and Cee Lo are embarrassing, can't believe how bad they are. The song Throw That with Eminem is weak but I kinda like it because it reminds me of some old foolish Eminem. I liked the bonus tracks. Overall I'd give it a 3.5/5, maybe even a 4/5.

Last edited:
Off first listen, it's a solid effort. It's a different tone from their debut but not too much; it smells of mainstream acknowledgment. None the less, they still spittin. :pimp:

Good review:

^Yo, that review makes me wanna hide in a hole somewhere for even thinking about buying this. Good lord :lol: :smh:

As a very big Slaughterhouse fan, in my unbiased opinion dude's review is very respectable and on point. It just isn't an incredible album but there is no doubt in my mind that next time around they will build on the criticism and figure out the specific sound/image they are looking for as a group in the meantime. They should just stick with the dark and gritty **** that they are used too. These commercial tracks just don't seem natural to them lol

Been playing this a lot. I think it's solid. They still need more songs like Goodbye and Our Way but I'm happy with my purchase. I even like the song with Swizz. My Life still is beyond horrible.

Slaughterhouse suffers from the same problem as 50 Cent (and no I'm not comparing their lyrical ability)..

What I'm saying is 1/2 of the album is the makings of a GREAT album... Another 1/4 of the album is mediocre... Then another 1/4 of the album is some of the most uninspired music you've ever heard.

Back
Top Bottom