THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

Originally Posted by ACoolStack

I copped those electric green joints
pimp.gif
idk how ppl can pass on these. I'm gonna pass on those pewters tho, trash IMO. Omw 2 g-star to pick up a glow in dark T shirt to body these electric
indifferent.gif

boys_in_the_hood_.jpg

Originally Posted by kingofny04

Top 25 Foamposites
Let me know how we did.
(Special thanks to the pictures we got from this thread...PM me if you want credit for the photos)
i think the list could use some work. just my opinion though. 
few things that bothered me. 

1. you guys left out some killers.

2. the explanations for some were
grin.gif
. "Ultimately the demand and selling price for these went down causing us to leave it out of our top 10."  
grin.gif

3. royal pros over volt pros? really? 
laugh.gif

NT needs to make a list. 
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

^^^^ hard to find and if they do pop up ill be
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
and so will a few others. 400+ with all this foam hype going on

Originally Posted by bamaboy256

Originally Posted by CharmCityKid

i need them '02 pearls! nice stuff posite fam.

on another note, i just finished my 2nd video, shot in 1080 w/ a t2i. lemme know what yall think. just finished editing and posted to youtube. click the link in my sig. or...

and i need the real. if it's wack, then please say so.

I like the song and video, its nothing groundbreaking though. Editing and the video quality looks good also. 

thanks man, def. appreciate the feedback and u taking the time to watch. i def. know it' snot groundbreaking
laugh.gif
i just got the cam, still tryna learn it. we've never taken any photo/video classes or anything. just copped the cam and started shooting. it's only the 2nd vid, but will be shooting the 3rd this sat.
thanks again tho.

Originally Posted by ACoolStack

I copped those electric green joints
pimp.gif
idk how ppl can pass on these. I'm gonna pass on those pewters tho, trash IMO. Omw 2 g-star to pick up a glow in dark T shirt to body these electric

passing on pewters cause they "trash," but u copped electric greens and don't see how any1 could pass, huh??
laugh.gif
to each their own, i guess

as for me, i just stumbled upon these today outta nowhere and i couldn't come up with any good reason to pass so...

2vm7w9f.jpg

30kxa8g.jpg

No carbons on that list? Eh, don't need to see it then.

Nice pick up CCK, almost had a pair of those for super cheap but the heeldrag was horrid

Originally Posted by jae oh en

Top 25 Foamposites

Let me know how we did.

(Special thanks to the pictures we got from this thread...PM me if you want credit for the photos)
i think the list could use some work. just my opinion though. 
few things that bothered me. 

grin.gif
. "Ultimately the demand and selling price for these went down causing us to leave it out of our top 10."  
grin.gif

laugh.gif

NT needs to make a list. 

1. Only one's I can think of are white duncans, HOH Pearls & Army joints, and the carbon fiber flights (even though it is technically carbon fiber in the upper and not foam). We didn't include samples and the electric greens were our cut off point.

2. I think the 2010 release of the eggplant's definitely hurt their overall appeal. If we did two separate entries for the 2010 and 2009 the 2009 version would definitely be higher on the list.

3. Although volts are more sought after right now, if both were to get retro'd at the same time the royals would do better.

yea that list is a lil iffy. you need 02 pearls, blk gum bottom pros, armys, jkidd flight, vip flight just to name a few

jae oh en wrote:

grin.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

NT needs to make a list. 
1. Only one's I can think of are white duncans, HOH Pearls & Army joints, and the carbon fiber flights (even though it is technically carbon fiber in the upper and not foam). We didn't include samples and the electric greens were our cut off point.

2. I think the 2010 release of the eggplant's definitely hurt their overall appeal. If we did two separate entries for the 2010 and 2009 the 2009 version would definitely be higher on the list.

3. Although volts are more sought after right now, if both were to get retro'd at the same time the royals would do better.
1. a lot of the original releases of retros that made the list are, in some cases, completely different shoes. the pearl foams are #2 on the list(they're my top5 too), and the caption says they're of He Got Game fame, but the picture is of the recent champagne foam/icey blue sole release. My dude Jesus Shuttlesworth wasn't wearing champagne colored pros in He Got Game. that's what i mean. the differences between them pretty much make them completely different colorways.
and the CF FP1s are not actual CF. they are foam. i'm 100% positive.

2. word. that's exactly what i mean with point #1 except i wasn't talking about value so much. what i originally meant was that it's weird when it says the purple 1 was snubbed out of the top 10 because of it's value, but then there's no mention of value for the #8(i think) ranked silver pros, which sat at my local outlet(which never gets anything) for 88$ out the door.

3. cool. i just thought it was weird to use value to determine the position for some and not others. don't really agree that value should be a factor in judging though. nike could put royal foam ones on Target shelves across america for $49.99 a pair. and while i'd be a little salty that i spent retail for them in the past,  they'd still be a tough shoe. 

sorry for the wall of text, i got bored. and it's no negativity, just honest criticism my dude. good work with the site. 

Originally Posted by jae oh en

jae oh en wrote:

grin.gif
grin.gif

laugh.gif

NT needs to make a list. 

1. a lot of the original releases of retros that made the list are, in some cases, completely different shoes. the pearl foams are #2 on the list(they're my top5 too), and the caption says they're of He Got Game fame, but the picture is of the recent champagne foam/icey blue sole release. My dude Jesus Shuttlesworth wasn't wearing champagne colored pros in He Got Game. that's what i mean. the differences between them pretty much make them completely different colorways.
and the CF FP1s are not actual CF. they are foam. i'm 100% positive.

2. word. that's exactly what i mean with point #1 except i wasn't talking about value so much. what i originally meant was that it's weird when it says the purple 1 was snubbed out of the top 10 because of it's value, but then there's no mention of value for the #8(i think) ranked silver pros, which sat at my local outlet(which never gets anything) for 88$ out the door.

3. cool. i just thought it was weird to use value to determine the position for some and not others. don't really agree that value should be a factor in judging though. nike could put royal foam ones on Target shelves across america for $49.99 a pair. and while i'd be a little salty that i spent retail for them in the past,  they'd still be a tough shoe. 

sorry for the wall of text, i got bored. and it's no negativity, just honest criticism my dude. good work with the site. 

I definitely appreciate the feedback fam.

Originally Posted by l Knicks Fresh Knick l

that list is funny...

why are those ultraposite even part of the list?

where are FP3s?

flightposite TB ? smh

Whenever someone makes a list like this they are always bound to miss a few things. (Take a look at the NiceKicks top 15 Foamposite list:x)

In terms of a ranks, the list was produced in tiers. For example 25-15 are Foams I consider bottom tier, such as they were notable foamposites but a level or two below the heavyweights. It was a coin flip between a few, arguably we could have thrown in cactus foams, black duncans, brown/beige duncans and certain flights into the mix but we chose to show more variety for those who aren't hardcore sneaker heads and allow them to see that there are foamposites out there besides the pro's and ones.

Now the top tier 14-1 is what we felt were Foam's you absolutely should have in a foamposite collection. The rankings were decided taking into consideration the prestige of each shoe, how they would do if they were generally released at this moment, the hype the shoe had/has and the current value of owning a pair (Ex: OG, Retro, Re-Retro Average). Again some models were definitely left out like the white duncans and carbons (which yes I know is really a foamposite upper) but measure them up against the top 14 and I think they could have fit in somewhere between 14-8 but the same would be said about the shoe we would be replacing.

Again, feedback both positive and negative is appreciated. It will alow us to better improve our future lists which what we want to do is have the most accurate list out there.)

my top 25 no particular order

black white fp2
carbon fp1
platinumposite
battleground navy fp3
black red fp3
white grey fp3
black black fp2
obf fp2
gold navy fp2
red white fp2
blue white fp2
black gum pro
cool grey fp2
navy white fp1
white black blue sole fp1
white black red sole fp1
gold fp1
navy white fp2
black black fp1
black black pro
black black max
black black trainerposite

dr doom pro

black black foam force 1

i am not lying to you i have the sole collector spread of eddie cabrera and that other guy with their posite collections hanging on my wall. my heart beats mostly for pre 2002 flights.

never realy cared for foam pro's like penny's, coppers, etc. half cents are an abomination. i respect ultra's but they hurt my feet too much. haven't tried the skyposite, but only like the carbon cw. signature players are disgusting. foamposite lite's never did it for me (thought they'd look better with a lace cover.)
EDIT:
(and we're not even counting pe's...)

should we?

villansfinest wrote:
EDIT:
(and we're not even counting pe's...)

should we?

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
 so sad when i see her stuff. had a chance to cop about 3-5 of her posite pe for lowbut played myself and copped some dumb $%*+ instead
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

KINGOFNY, nice job on your list of foams.
NYCPOSITE, your pick last page left me lusting man. I hate you and admire you ato the same time. Lol

After mainly buying Jordans, I have my first pair of Foams on the way.  I was wondering if the clear sole on the Coppers yellow at the same rate as the clear sole on most of the new Jordan brand releases or is it a better quality? Thanks in advance.

CEE - you make those carolinas look sooooo appealing bro...

My small collection, sold off all my OGs a few years back...working my way back up

5556236845_75a16b68ec_b.jpg

5537580596_39daf6f1ca_b.jpg

5481166212_8d1520ea36_b.jpg

5369318588_c21b85e387_b.jpg

can't find another pic of my eggplants for sum reason...sorry..
4525160882_c201d14b96_b.jpg

Ksteezy, that pic of the electric greens at the hotel makes them look SO dope. Got me thinking about copping a pair for the summer. Nice pic homie

Back
Top Bottom