The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Semi-final #1

664811-eugenie-bouchard-rencontre-pour-premiere.jpg

How do you rate Monfils' chances against "Muzz."
So anyway... tough call... Muzz has been playing better and better... and looked really good vs Verdasco yesterday.  Solid groundstrokes, moved well and was reasonably consistent.  I haven't watched a lot of Gael this tourney, but from what I've seen he's looked good (always got those ridiculous acrobatic shots) and will firmly have the crowd behind him.  Muzz in 4 or 5?  

Is this dude Milos ever going to win a major? :smh:

I know nothing about tennis but the gulf between him and Djokavic's and Murray's seems just massive.

I mean isn't tennis a peak early kind of sport, does he have the talent to do it? :nerd:

Last edited:
I still don't the level of infatuation people have with Genie. She has the checklist...cute, blonde whatever but not super hot.

My girl Sharapova still looking all kinds of good out there. It will be a good day/night of watching indeed.

My "sensible" head says Murray in 4....

But I'll be rooting for Gael to take his soul and burn it slow in 5 
laugh.gif

Is this dude Milos ever going to win a major?
mean.gif

I know nothing about tennis but the gulf between him and Djokavic's and Murray's seems just massive.

I mean isn't tennis a peak early kind of sport, does he have the talent to do it?
nerd.gif
Nah, it doesn't work like that... winning a major is a lot harder than you think.  You have so many other top contenders like Rafa, Nole, Andy, Stan and even an older Fed (just to name a few), it's extremely tough for any player to win seven straight 3-of-5-set matches.  The fact that Milos got into the quarter-finals of a clay slam is a huge accomplishment.  He's the first Canadian male to reach a slam quarter-final, I think.  Some guys, like Rafa, are a freak in that they won their first during their teens, while Andy didn't win his first till 25 or so.  And you can't even take that for granted... many top players will never even win a slam... like Ferrer... or even guys like Rios (back in the 90s) deemed to be one of the most talented players to never have won a slam.  

Can Milos do it?  I dunno... he still has parts of his game to improve, but at least he is improving.  

Prostaffer ~ to be fair, I think only the WTA oversells Genie.  Stacey Allaster, WTA head, badly wants her to win everything to support her hype.  If anything, it's doing the opposite.  People who watch a lot of tennis are getting sick of it.  People who casually watch aren't that infatuated with her, I don't think.  It's all the doing of the WTA... creating all this hype... but until she wins a few more tourneys... big ones, she'll just be another "Kournikova".

Is this dude Milos ever going to win a major? :smh:

I mean isn't tennis a peak early kind of sport, does he have the talent to do it? :nerd:
Relies too heavily on his serve. Needs to improve, elevate other aspects of his game.

Second-serve faults were maddening last year. Raonic imploded against Gasquet at the U.S. Open.

Murray looking very impressive right now... tugging Monf around, who's playing VERY deep.  

EDIT ~ And just as I say that, Gael breaks back... LOLZ

EDIT 2 ~ Wow Daveed, wow Rafa, wow Muzz. 

Last edited:
I honestly don't know :lol: but there's something about him they i just dont like lol

why dont you like him?
Lol, I don't know either. Can't pinpoint. Maybe his past temper, always demonstrating to his box in years past pre-Lendl. Negative energy. Always questioned his mental makeup.

I dislike Murray too, mostly for the same reasons Champ said, piss poor mentally even with Lendl

More on my views towards Muzz later, but...........

That Rafa/Ferru scoreline... did not expect that... given how the match started. 

Honestly I think Murray gave it his all the 1st two service games Monfils had in the 3rd set, and couldn't break. Think he had 3 or 4 break points in the 1st service game

Murray looks a bit tired out there to me, but Monfils court coverage is just siiiiiiiiiiiick right now

I still don't the level of infatuation people have with Genie. She has the checklist...cute, blonde whatever but not super hot.

My girl Sharapova still looking all kinds of good out there. It will be a good day/night of watching indeed.

Lmao these clowns watch tennis like girls watch football. Every chick is a Kapernick fan. Every guy is a Bouchard/Sharapova if they watch tennis. Neither one of them is anything to write home about.

Back
Top Bottom