The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

Wow, looks like Gael put up a good fight... and looks like he had his chances too.  

Cilic in the semis... man, what a draw. 

15145481932_1f2cd7e219_b.jpg
 v 
15145873495_96ae38ca60_b.jpg

14959316467_39655742d9_b.jpg
 v 
15145874315_638e05dee7_b.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn't watch the match, but I was able to keep track of the score on my phone during my lunch break. First thing I saw was Monfils up 2 sets to 1 with the score at 4-3 in the fourth set. Couldn't believe it. Then when I saw Gael at match point...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

Anyway, amazing comeback by Federer. Loved seeing Fed show some emotion after winning the match since we don't see that often.

@ChampCruThik I guess you were sort of right about Fed winning in straight sets, haha. I was seriously gonna blame you if Fed didn't save those two match points because you wanted Monfils to win (since you were rooting for Cilic and he won).
laugh.gif

Rodge seemed like a sore loser during the match. He's played Monfils before so I was surprised by his on court disposition

@tomasberdych

[emoji]128144[/emoji][emoji]128144[/emoji][emoji]128144[/emoji]this i my personal apologize to the referee from yesterday. She was right. My emotions were driving my crazy...Sorry for that [emoji]128144[/emoji][emoji]128144[/emoji]

If only he could have stayed healthy. Was a big fan of Rafter's serve and volley. That Agassi match at Wimbledon :wow:

I feel old as **** right now :lol:

Yeah, what a moment for him... I like Rafter, but was really happy for him.  Didn't think he was ever gonna do it. 

And the atmosphere that day on the third Monday - no ticket holders - anyone could come. Remember it well

Caroline.......................

Entertaining set... Peng's power and depth was very impressive... but broke down in the TB. 

Peng tried to gut it out, props to her. you could tell she wasn't able to do anything after that injury TO

def tough to watch. just like the announcer was saying what a terrible time for your body to betray you

This damn humidity. No one wants to retire in a semi-final. mary carilo needed to calm down though. I don't need to hear a commentator sounding like she wanted to kill somebody. She was acting like cramps don't take a few minutes to deal with.

I'm surprised the doc/trainer actually let her go back on... heat stroke is serious... 

It's over and they're still complaining about it and say the next match deserves their attention. So act like damn professionals and move on.

Back
Top Bottom