The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

Venus has Sjögren's syndrome, which I think might have had something to do with it?  

I'm not too familiar with it...

True.  I heard it was in the low teen-degrees Celsius in Beijing, so it might just be the flu... 

EDIT

Serena has also withdrawn... left knee.

Last edited:
Ah, gotcha. Thought it meant something more specific.

Welp, no Serena vs Kvitova, but we do get Masha vs Ana in the semis. It should be an interesting one to watch, especially after what happened in their previous meeting in Cincinnati...

Wow, Ana looks amazing in those pics... hope you checked your blood pressure after seeing those Sinner 
tongue.gif

Djok-Murray getting interesting here.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
 I usually don't like Ana with tons of make-up, but thought she looked fantastic in that photoshoot.

Clinical performance by Nole, despite the interesting 2nd set.  Solid. 

Had to close that Ana link quickly - my wife was circling! But wow stunning.

Murray down again to Djokovic

Great challenge by Masha at advantage Ivanovic... gets back to  deuce and then takes it! 
smokin.gif

Really good 2nd set though.

Maria-Petra final.

Last edited:
I was watching United, but I heard Nole was in goat-mode... will post the highlights... 

I guess none of us really saw it.
laugh.gif

I watched a little of the first set, but I dozed off. When I woke up, the match was just getting to Championship point. With the victory, Nole is now 24-0 all-time at the China Open.

Masha's win will move her to number 2 in the rankings.

Last edited:
I was sleep. I think it came on at 6:30 central time this morning. The highlights are already on Youtube. The fact that Sharapova leaped to #2 in a 500 point tournament shows just how far ahead of the pack Serena is.

Missed the women's final completely due to a late work night. I walked in as the red carpet was being put down. Thankfully, Tennis Channel will re-air both China Open matches in a couple hours. The Rakuten final between Nishikori and Raonic is actually airing now.

Nishikori and Raonic will continue as an epic rivalry. USO, Japan Open, and beyond. Big service against speed, mobility.

At least we have HD highlights now!

And this was a very telling quote...

BzNMaESCIAADlBr.png:large

Last edited:
I don't know much about it, but thought surgery was the usual option... didn't know antibiotics would work.  Still, why is he even risking anything?  Seems risky anyway. 

Back
Top Bottom