The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

I don't know much about it, but thought surgery was the usual option... didn't know antibiotics would work.  Still, why is he even risking anything?  Seems risky anyway. 
Nadal's words: "I'm in Shanghai. I am here to play a tournament. If I don't play, I don't have the chance to win."

Lionheart.

I'd have to guess that a mix of fatigue and injuries are really affecting players at this time of the year.

The only top 10 players remaining are Nole, Fed, Ferrer and Berdych...

This part of the season is such a mess. All these premier tournaments this late in the season is just a money grab. If I ran tennis I would have the year end at the end of September to give the players a true 3 month off season

We see this year after year and yet they do nothing about it.  The ATP will say that if you give the players a longer break, they'll just end up playing exo's for money... at the same time, exos are a lot less physical and intense. 

I think the quality of play would improve and the players would be healthier during the year if they had a true offseason. So many of these younger players would benefit from 3 months of practice time to improve their games and the older players and injury prone players would be able to rest their bodies after a long and grueling season.

I absolutely agree... they've just never been able to agree on something.  I guess they need more effort from the players' union or something?  

We're only reaching the end of the Asian-swing, but there's still the European Indoors!  Then the WTF's!  

EDIT

10511304_793335574060373_8762960319618794624_n.jpg

Last edited:
Federer vs. Djokovic XXXVI at the semis in Shanghai. Should be a great one.

It's gonna be tough trying to stay up until 5 AM PT to watch the match...

Last edited:
I think the quality of play would improve and the players would be healthier during the year if they had a true offseason. So many of these younger players would benefit from 3 months of practice time to improve their games and the older players and injury prone players would be able to rest their bodies after a long and grueling season.
Spot on, I can't think of any other physically demanding sport that doesn't have an off season or some kind of break.

Spot on, I can't think of any other physically demanding sport that doesn't have an off season or some kind of break.

The ATP, WTA and these tournament heads are all scumbags. I still remember when they were trying to force players to play on semi wet courts at the Open a few years back. They only care about money and as long as the players show up, day after day, month after month, event after event, these scumbags will smile and tell the players to quit whining and play.

Federer's net play gave him the W. 24/35 net points won.

Congrats to Fed for finally adding Shanghai to his amazing resume at age 33. He moves to world #2 in the rankings and gets back-to-back Masters victories for the first time since winning Paris 2011 and Indian Wells 2012.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom