The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

My goodness. 
sick.gif

CAW4be9UMAAukYM.jpg:large

Last edited:
Donald Young played pretty well against Rafa. I thought he was going to take that first set. Young should be happy with the way he's been playing lately. He's pretty close to his win total from last year in the third month of 2015.

Going back to Vika, I think we should pretty much know if she can regain her form by the summer hard court season. At a quick glance, she doesn't have a lot of points to defend until then, so she can only go up in the rankings right now. At the latest, she should be 100% by the beginning of 2016.

One more thing... I know Ferrer doesn't get talked about a lot since the Big 3 (and the next Big 3) tend to overshadow him, but he's having a great year. I wasn't expecting him to lose so early, but he surprisingly doesn't have a great record at Indian Wells. I'm not saying he's going to win a Slam, but I think it's pretty impressive to see the 32-year-old leading the competition with an 18-2 record and an ATP-best 3 titles so far.

I enjoy Ferrer's matches.

My goodness. :x
CAW4be9UMAAukYM.jpg:large

:x:smh::x

Genie really struggled after that abdominal strain. Couldn't get any first serves in. She looked good at the start of set #3, but her facial expressions showed the pain was too much to handle. Well, the good thing about the loss is that she'll have a little over a week to recover before her first match in Miami.

Nole vs Isner should be a good one tonight.

I dunno. I feel like Nole's movement is going to be too much for Isner...

Don't get me wrong. I hope Isner bagels and maybe a bread stick on him with like 40 aces. But still.

And there you have it, ladies and gentleman. The best returner in the game, Novak Djokovic.

Last edited:
Looking forward to Raonic/Nadal later on. It should be a really good test to see where Rafa's health is, although he seems to be pretty much cruising at IW. This could be a big opportunity for Milos to finally get a win against him.

Fed/Berdy up next.

^Yep, best point of the match. Typical Lisicki though, she had to do it the hard way lol.

Gonna be a struggle against Jelena, but you never know...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom