The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I bet the USO draw for Serena will be brutal. Her draw for this run was insane if you really look at it.
Steffi better be there to present the award to her if she makes the final.
laugh.gif

On a more serious note, I really hope Serena will have her nerves together (unlike today) if she is in the US Open final. If she plays nervously like she did today against someone like Vika at the USO final, the Calendar Slam will not be happening.

Was it hard to get tickets? I'm told over 60% of the tickets every year automatically goto the Wimbeldon club, and everyone else has to scramble for the remaining 40-odd %.

Also, can you drink on the courts?

You can drink on the courts but mostly Pimms and Champagne!

There are three ways to get tickets if you have no connections.
Join the queue around 24 hours before the day you want - - 500 centre and number 1 tickets go there or
500 tickets to centre court go on sale at 9am on ticket master the following days play - that method will be familiar members on here - captcha- bots etc - it's fastest fingers first. That's how I got tickets for mens semis yesterday.
The largest allocation of tickets go to the public raffle. Around 5k tickets for centre and 6k tickets for number one and nearly all number 2 court tickets each day go to the public raffle. You apply in August and the closing date is December, I have never once in 20 years plus of trying the public raffle got tickets that way.

In addition if you are a member of an LTA member club as I am you can enter the LTA members raffle and they have about 2k tickets for centre and number one court tickets each day. I once got tickets that way in about 5 years of trying.

you can buy a ground pass each day that gets you into courts 3 to 18 but you have to queue and you need to be in the queue around 6am to get into 3, 12 or 18 (non tickets show courts).

Other ways to get ticekts is to know someone. My grandad was an umpire back in the sixties so is on the staff list and they get random allocation each year so I have got ticekts that way around 10 times.

Then there is knowing a sponsor - eg Robinson are official drinks supplier and I once got invited to a corporate thing with them as I dael with them at work.

Finally if your rich you can buy a debenture or a days debenture but you need at least £1k each for that route minimum.

Thanks a lot for the in depth response. I really appreciate it. Gives me some good insight into how one can make this happen one day.

Have you ever been to any of the exclusive events after or around the event? Also, are there boxes in centre court? I only ever thought about that today; of all the years I've watched Wimbledon I've always been too focused on the matches to wonder about the live experience.

Yup the Wimbledon venue is class. I went there for my eurotrip couple months ago and took the tube from Central London to the "Wimbledon" exit. Do not take that exit it takes forever to get to the grounds and you end up walking through the affluent neighborhoods in the hills. Was damn near sweating once I got there :lol:

Anyways, Serena bossing up at this age is :wow:

Steffi better be there to present the award to her if she makes the final. :lol:

On a more serious note, I really hope Serena will have her nerves together (unlike today) if she is in the US Open final. If she plays nervously like she did today against someone like Vika at the USO final, the Calendar Slam will not be happening.

I agree that Serena has been very nervous but I think if she gets to the final of the USO the crowd will be throughly behind her which will help.

Thanks a lot for the in depth response. I really appreciate it. Gives me some good insight into how one can make this happen one day.

Have you ever been to any of the exclusive events after or around the event? Also, are there boxes in centre court? I only ever thought about that today; of all the years I've watched Wimbledon I've always been too focused on the matches to wonder about the live experience.

There are no boxes but the seats in the middle tier are mostly linked to debenture holders and corporate hospitality seats which then have a direct exit into the nicest hospitality areas I have seen at any event.

Been to those twice and they are very nice but very formal. No trash talk and you can't wear your ATCs in there! Suits and dress shoes only.

Yup the Wimbledon venue is class. I went there for my eurotrip couple months ago and took the tube from Central London to the "Wimbledon" exit. Do not take that exit it takes forever to get to the grounds and you end up walking through the affluent neighborhoods in the hills. Was damn near sweating once I got there :lol:

Anyways, Serena bossing up at this age is :wow:

Yes you need to get of at Southfields

Last edited:

There are no boxes but the seats in the middle tier are mostly linked to debenture holders and corporate hospitality seats which then have a direct exit into the nicest hospitality areas I have seen at any event.

Been to those twice and they are very nice but very formal. No trash talk and you can't wear your ATCs in there! Suits and dress shoes only.

:lol: I had a feeling that my future Wimbledon experience will entail me wearing minimum chinos, loafers/brogues and a dress shirt with a jacket. As much as I would love to be there in tracksuit pants and sneakers, I just had a feeling non of that would fly. Will save that for the Fun Open in Melbourne.

I heard on BBC, they were saying that it might ran out today at the final....will be unfortunate if that does happen...

First time in a while I don't know who I'm rooting for.

These are both 2 of my favorites.

I think I'm rooting for Fed to win one more, Djokovic will still win plenty more in his career.

Either way good match so far
Let's go!

First time in a while I don't know who I'm rooting for.

These are both 2 of my favorites.

I think I'm rooting for Fed to win one more, Djokovic will still win plenty more in his career.

Either way good match so far
Let's go!
I feel the same way. I want to see Nole bounce back from that tough French Open loss, but I'd much rather see Fed win since his window is closing.

Back
Top Bottom