The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I should've gotten tickets to this match so I could buy her drinks after getting destroyed.

The female commentator is a jerk. "Why did she even come out at all, if she was really hurt?" 

"If they know they can't move, they don't want to be out here with Serena and humiliate themselves"

I would spit in that woman's face tbh

Yeah, kinda stupid what she was saying. Saying most players wouldn't even go out and play to get embarrassed by serena. Athletes go out and play because they love it. Hard to keep athletes off the court / field even if they're hurt. Plus this was a very special opportunity for her to play at night at a major against a player she looks up to. She probably also didn't want to disappoint the fans by cancelling on serena's first match.

What is wrong with this female though? 
laugh.gif
 Why is she so bitter, she's still ragging on the Russian

She's saying the Russian shouldn't have even suited up and she's complaining that the fans didn't even get a match. So if she didn't suit up at all.... the fans still wouldn't have gotten a match 
laugh.gif

She's a real piece of work 

Last edited:
Eh. She wasted everybody's time with the constant breaks in action. She knew she was done before the trainer came out. Oh well, 6 more to go for the greatest of all-time.

I guess efficiency counts for nothing then. I'd say the same thing about Serena if she pulled that stunt. She must have been cute? That's the only time new posters come in here with their capes on.

Last edited:
I would have said the same thing if the jerk commentator was talking about Serena (and I don't find her in the least bit attractive)

Try again 

Didn't get to watch much of today's matches. However, of the little bit I was watching, the commentary was pretty annoying. During the Nishikori-Paire match everything was exaggerated, sounded like they were WWE commentators.

So I'm out of all media contact for 36 hours and in that time Maria has to pull out to visit architechture, Kai hands Djikovic a bye to the final, Ana returns to her old self loosing early so she can get back to modelling sun cream, Pam Shriver invades the court mid match but security does nothing and Genie actually wins! Wow
I missed a lot of good stuff but at least I also missed that Kayne speech - what a Tw*t

Last edited:
I usually root for Djokovic and Nadal. This time, I would like to see Roger Federer to win.

Of course, I root for Serena Williams :pimp:

Whoa... that musta been so weird.  I can see the networks wanting to do this for more "in-the-moment insight", but don't really see a lot of players willing to do it.

Pam is a clown but this is what ESPN and the USTA wanted. At this rate they might as well allow on-court coaching at majors and let the crowd make noise during points. Lol [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Would having a coach on the court with them be so bad or do people not like it because it's not traditional? It's gotta be better than when players are struggling and look up at their boxes after every point looking for help. I can't think of any other sport where you can't talk to your coach during the match / game.

Would having a coach on the court with them be so bad or do people not like it because it's not traditional? It's gotta be better than when players are struggling and look up at their boxes after every point looking for help. I can't think of any other sport where you can't talk to your coach during the match / game.

I don't like on-court coaching because I like to see players figure things out on their own. I know players cheat this rule all of the time, using creative signals,but tennis is a mental game.

Anyone remember the time James Blake and Pam Shriver went at it during one of his matches because she was commentating too loudly?

Go to the 4:20 mark. I can't embed from my phone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom