The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

@Firepower

2016+Hopman+Cup+Player+Party+zDV6nmdeapCx.jpg

It's not just Serena... Things aren't looking good for a lot of the top WTA stars.

5 out of the top 6 players have either withdrawn or retired from a tournament this week and after ending 2015 strong, World No. 7 and defending Auckland champ Venus loses in the first round to an 18 year old. I'm really not sure what to expect at the Oz Open...

On another sad note, RIP Berdych's H&M contract. He's with adidas now.
frown.gif

Last edited:
I did like that hm gave us something different. The other brands get boring with their stuff.

^Yeah, I always looked forward to seeing what he was wearing for that very reason. He did have some gear that looked nice... though most of it was hit or miss, lol.

Anyway, Sloane gets title #2 in Auckland. It's pretty impressive since she had to finish her SF match against Woz and play in the final on the same day.

Brutal... absolutely brutal... Nole wasn't even near this level in the earlier rounds. 

Not an indication of how Rafa played, cuz he wasn't as bad as the score indicated.  Nole was just insane. 

Nole been got next for a while now.

It's his time. Rafa's done, imo. Everyone's prediction was right about his heavy hitting style.

The Australian Open draw ceremony is starting.

Live stream is happening now:

Edit: Serena-Woz 4th round.
sick.gif

Camila Giorgi in the first round could be tough for Serena.

Fed/Nole, Muzz/Wawa SFs.

Nadal-Verdasco R1.
mean.gif

Last edited:
The draw gods were nice to Vika this time around. She could play Muguruza in R4, but I think she should be fine. Sloane has a pretty nice section as well.

Fed has it rough. Potential back-to-back matches against Dolgopolov and Dimitrov in R2 and R3. Venus has a tough R1 match against Konta. Hate to say it, but I'm not really confident about her chances after her first round exit in Auckland. Even if Vee wins, Boom-Boom could be waiting in R3 and that's not an ideal match for her.

My favorite potential second-round matchup by far is Kyrgios vs. Nishioka. Genie vs. Aga probably second.

I like Ernie over Chardy first round. Muzz's quarter of the draw looks weakest IMO.

Puig beats Linette then Stosur. Dominika could make a deep run if/when she gets past Mladenovic. Picking Venus to lose to Johanna first round. Garbine my horse to win it all.

I'm interested to see how Serena looks against Camila. Who knows what's up with her knee but she has a good opportunity to go far.

Back
Top Bottom