The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 Oz Open Nadal Out)

I've got 15k riding on my Stan future. Tomorrow night cannot come quick enough

Can't even hedge/hedge for anything worthwhile with Rafa being -485. Just gotta hope Stan continues this ride. I stated pre-tourny he was ready for a move like Novak made here years ago, so leggo!

I've got 15k riding on my Stan future. Tomorrow night cannot come quick enough

Can't even hedge/hedge for anything worthwhile with Rafa being -485. Just gotta hope Stan continues this ride. I stated pre-tourny he was ready for a move like Novak made here years ago, so leggo!
eek.gif
 I think it's safe to assume that you'll be up tonight.

All jokes aside, wish you the best in your bet. I'm a Rafa fan, but in my heart I'm rooting for Stan.

I still think Fed is a better player than Nadal. Nadal just happens to have the one killer weapon, the most insane topsin in the history of the game, against his only weakness, the one handed backhand. Unless you're like 6'4 or above (which Dimitrov is, and explains his not being bothered as much with his backhand), that topspin will destroy you if you use one hand. Doesn't help that Fed is about 5 years older, an eternity in tennis. It's too late at this point to try to adopt a two handed backhand, but he may not have any other choice if he seriously wants to win another Slam.

Oh well, congratulations to Nadal on his latest Slam. Wawrinka has the same backhand as Fed, which means it could be a quick match |I

Rafa going to be the GOAT, just a matter of time/staying healthy. I know some don't wanna hear it but 14 GS plus owning Fed and having winning/even records against the rest of the elites already makes him the GOAT imo.

Still want Nole to end up at the top spot but can't deny that Rafa is a once in a generation talent that has it all and then some

I still think Fed is a better player than Nadal. Nadal just happens to have the one killer weapon, the most insane topsin in the history of the game, against his only weakness, the one handed backhand. Unless you're like 6'4 or above (which Dimitrov is, and explains his not being bothered as much with his backhand), that topspin will destroy you if you use one hand. Doesn't help that Fed is about 5 years older, an eternity in tennis. It's too late at this point to try to adopt a two handed backhand, but he may not have any other choice if he seriously wants to win another Slam.

Oh well, congratulations to Nadal on his latest Slam. Wawrinka has the same backhand as Fed, which means it could be a quick match
tired.gif
Rafa is pretty much Fed's kryptonite.  That match was a massacre.  It was sad seeing Fed hitting backhand after backhand into the net.  I thought this would finally be the match that Fed would beat Rafa since he's been playing so well and with Rafa's blister, but it wasn't meant to be 
ohwell.gif

Can't see Wawrinka beating Rafa, but I would love to see a great match.  

Running on so little sleep I'd fall asleep with my racquet in Domi's box.

Pam Shriver, Chris Evert, Mary Jo would all get pipe right now.

We don't get the ESPN commentary over here.  But I've her some of her soundbytes... 
eyes.gif

That's it. I've decided I would lick the sweat off Domi's lady parts post match. Would funnel Gatorade out of her garden. Those eyes, have me weak while "shooting up the club."

I genuinely don't care for this final at all.

I know Li Na has shown consistency of late, but I just don't like her. I feel nothing for her at all.

I guess it would be nice to see history made (Li Na winning for China) but if she doesn't, I couldn't care. She never had the personality that I liked...

I know Li Na has shown consistency of late, but I just don't like her. I feel nothing for her at all.

I guess it would be nice to see history made (Li Na winning for China) but if she doesn't, I couldn't care. She never had the personality that I liked...
Invest yourself in Team Rafa.

Stan ain't seeing 5 sets.

Invest yourself in Team Rafa.

Stan ain't seeing 5 sets.

I could never turn by back on King Djoki.

I don't see Stan The Man lasting against Rafa, but it's been a good run.

I am also still surprised that at his age, Rafa currently doesn't have a major recurring injury. I always thought he played his body too hard and would eventually run out of steam.

Seems I was wrong.

Back
Top Bottom