The Official UK Rap & Grime Thread

trying to bring life to this thread again lol. I may be a noob but I had no idea #1(Wiley) even existed. is that bad? plus #2 at Dizzee Rascal I saw a few of his videos and they seemed more playful tunes instead of serious street songs that I'm more accustomed to seeing in Grime. Need to listen to a lot more. Skepta's live in london album apparently was dope so Ima need to check that out

Bro, this new Stormzy album is 
smokin.gif

trying to bring life to this thread again lol. I may be a noob but I had no idea #1(Wiley) even existed. is that bad? plus #2 at Dizzee Rascal I saw a few of his videos and they seemed more playful tunes instead of serious street songs that I'm more accustomed to seeing in Grime. Need to listen to a lot more. Skepta's live in london album apparently was dope so Ima need to check that out
how you didn't know that Wiley existed? You thought he was a myth or something? He's considered the "godfather of grime". Before it was called grime, apparently it was called eskibeat cause Wiley went by the name Eskiboy back then.

Bro, this new Stormzy album is :smokin
Nines new album not bad either
giving this stormzy album the first spin, gonna check out nines album as well. last project I heard from him was One Foot In

dude seriously I just didn't know at all
roll.gif

I have since been playing him on my phone getting his albums. the latest release this year is dope.

And I have listened to some Dizzee Rascal but I didn't know he would be given the starman title of Lil Wayne of Grime. need to step up my research game lol

other vids to ponder

Last edited:
Stormzy has dropped his second single off Gang Signs and Prayer to celebrate going GOLD #MERKY :pimp: :pimp:

Sir Spyro went in on dis riddim :pimp:

Dope pics broncos. I saw Skepta months ago in SF. Played nothing but all the bangers. Shutdown was last IIRC. He didn't play any of the featured songs he got from drake or anybody

He did Skepta Interlude, Man, Shutdown, Crime Riddim, That's Not Me, It Ain't Safe, Konnichiwa (opener), No Security, and a couple more.

Was amazing 
nthat.gif
. Crowd was super dope too, everyone was just vibing. 

^nice, I didn't really enjoy his album that much. I thought it was a bit short and songs that we had already heard like 'it ain't safe' 'that's not me' and 'shutdown' shouldn't had been included.

Last edited:
So, totally new to grime, thought I'l look into it after I heard Stormzy on the Shape of You Remix. After my first listen through of Gang Signs & Prayers .. this **** is tough!

So, totally new to grime, thought I'l look into it after I heard Stormzy on the Shape of You Remix. After my first listen through of Gang Signs & Prayers .. this **** is tough!
check out Giggs' project

Been listening to a lot of Dave and J Hus lately

Didn't know this thread existed :pimp:

Gotta show love to Harlem Spartans. Bis got the line of 2017 :pimp:

so lady sovereign is the highest selling grime artist of all time, if so props to her for eclipsing these bums, giigs is alright tho

Back
Top Bottom