The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

Im not a fan of his ugly *** Album Cover choice, and Ambition let me down...

but that interview was TOO real. I give props when they are do, i 100% co-sign with everything Wale was saying about the quality of rap these days and what makes you rich... :smh:

Good interview. Makes me excited for The Gifted.
Surprised him and Cole didn't work together on any of their tracks considering they were in touch so often.

Didnt like the second album. 1st was way better, and I'm not even the kind of guy to compare things like that, but on album two he didnt seem like his self.

His last mixtape was a step in the right direction, excited for the album

Gotta give Wale props for cutting back on that stupid *** bed squeak sound.  Oh, and throwing Rihanna on the track
pimp.gif

It wouldn't of been right if he put anyone else on the remix..the song sounds like somethin the young ratchet would make

Damn i guess I'm the only one who likes the album cover lol..its like wale's version of the dreamchaser cover

Wale X Just Blaze = 
sick.gif
 this will join the 3 other wale songs i have on my iphone. Just snapped 

Last edited:
What's the story behind it? :nerd: ...

He wanted to keep Tiara around for free and labels were willing to give her a deal so she signed with Interscope. Dude got tight and took the song off the album and called up Rihanna for the remix :lol: I like the original better

What's the story behind it? :nerd: ...

He wanted to keep Tiara around for free and labels were willing to give her a deal so she signed with Interscope. Dude got tight and took the song off the album and called up Rihanna for the remix :lol: I like the original better
Where did you hear that he wanted to keep her for free? From what he says in this interview, it seems like they just hadn't gotten around to agreeing on the paperwork yet (at 12:59):

And why wouldn't he do a remix w/ Rihanna.. that would just blow the song up even more

Last edited:
Smh :lol: yall always making up something

Wale pitched to record to Rihanna before he even dropped it. She had records on deck so she didn't need it for her album. Wale then made the song. Rihanna wanted to hop on a remix version. The End. :smh:

Where did you hear that he wanted to keep her for free? From what he says in this interview, it seems like they just hadn't gotten around to agreeing on the paperwork yet (at 12:59):

And why wouldn't he do a remix w/ Rihanna.. that would just blow the song up even more

:lol: :lol: "we didn't get around to agreeing on the paperwork yet" nah in that same interview homeboy said he was trying to wait awhile before signing her aka just keep her on the back burner for when he needs her then he got upset and butthurt when she signed a deal to a major label.

My point wasn't that he got Rihanna to do the remix, but why is the remix on the album and the original isn't? He did that out of pettyness original > remix

Smh :lol: yall always making up something

Wale pitched to record to Rihanna before he even dropped it. She had records on deck so she didn't need it for her album. Wale then made the song. Rihanna wanted to hop on a remix version. The End. :smh:

word were you there? how did Wale pitch a song to Rihanna that's not his? :lol: that's Tiara Thomas' song even if you check Youtube she was singing that joint 4 years ago
'

Last edited:
What the hell are you guys talking about?
Both Bad and the Bad Remix are on the album.
The remix is Track 10.
The original is the last track (16).

I don't understand how you guys are coming to your own conclusions on what didn't make the album and why. :lol: :smh:

Yeah same difference the remix is before the original not just because Rihanna is on there

anyway, I hope this album is a better 'hip hop' album than Kanye's

:lol: :lol: "we didn't get around to agreeing on the paperwork yet" nah in that same interview homeboy said he was trying to wait awhile before signing her aka just keep her on the back burner for when he needs her then he got upset and butthurt when she signed a deal to a major label.

My point wasn't that he got Rihanna to do the remix, but why is the remix on the album and the original isn't? He did that out of pettyness original > remix
word were you there? how did Wale pitch a song to Rihanna that's not his? :lol: that's Tiara Thomas' song even if you check Youtube she was singing that joint 4 years ago
'

Actually, I was.. .

Tiara alone can't pitch a song to nobody. Before earlier this year, nobody knew who she was.

Back
Top Bottom