The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Why is it so hard for you Kobe-riders to except the fact that outside of Cali people just don't like the guy???
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I live in Iceland and i love KOBE!!! :smile:
I definitely need a pair of Kobes!!!

JM wasn't bashing kobe just telling facts. No more no less.
TeamLakers
Let's Start Another Win Streak!​

WHAT SHOE??
:wink:

Yes keep it focused on the shoe!!!!
I would like to know the exact release date online???

:lol:
laugh.gif
@ everyone getting mad at JM for saying our precious ZKII's aren't flying off the shelves. Like said before, I don't care if they are selling, i'm just glad I got my pair and i'm ballin in em. It's all good if they aren't selling well, i'm not gonna get mad. :wow:
eek.gif
laugh.gif

When ARE they going to be online though? One of my boys wears a 15 and is jealous. :lol:
laugh.gif
excuse me, miss
Team KixAndTheCity Step your shoe game up kid.

Quote:
jmadidas2001 wrote:

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you Kobe-riders to except the fact that outside of Cali people just don't like the guy???
:rofl:
roll.gif

from a recent article....

Quote:
Kobe almost a King?
Sacramento Bee 4/2/207

"Those games cemented the fact that he's one of the greatest to ever play the game," Reynolds said.

And with Bryant these days, it goes beyond MVP talk. Who's the best player, period?

"Kobe (is) the best talent in the NBA, no doubt about it," Gail Goodrich, a Hall of Famer who works as an analyst for NBA TV, said in a phone interview. "Right now, it's not even close."

Who's the most popular? In terms of jersey sales in this country, it's Bryant. In China? His jersey is more sought after than native son Yao Ming's. Bryant has a head start as the most popular player on the planet, yet another reason to compare him favorably to Michael Jordan.

"I'd say so," Goodrich said. "He's learned when to shoot and what to do, and it's an example of maturity really sinking in. And the fan appeal is there. Fans love to see great play. You go to the arena, and you want to see Kobe score. If you're an opponent, you want to win, sure, but if he goes for 50, you want to see that, too."

With viewers never knowing how many points he might score in a given game, Bryant also has become must-see TV. The four Lakers games ABC has broadcast this season drew an average rating of 2.7, according to the network. The nine games not involving the Lakers drew an average of 1.9. On ESPN, eight Lakers game were 1.4, the 51 non-Lakers games 1.1. :lol:
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yet every east coast team has their first sellout of the year when the Kobe/Lakers are in town......and even chanting MVP for an opponent.

It has more to do with marketing and power moves by Nike.

why do poeple care about how these shoes sell? just cop or pass and be happy.
______
WE GROWN.

Thank you jeso08. JM your info is well aprreciated but not when it is used to try take the wind out of our sails.You can't say Kobe is not liked outside of Cal and then use those numbers to back it up. Numbers do not tell the real story.

i live in the midwest (chicago) and they seem to be selling pretty well here considering there hasn't been any advertising as to the release date and the stores that will carry them...i know some friends in michigan that said the shoes have already sold about half of inventory in most stores there...most FL there had 18 or less and now have around 8 or less...that isn't too bad considering they came out on thursday and no ads have been shown on tv yet...

I would rather them not "fly" off the shelves....just keeps it easy for me to keep buying them. I don't wanna have to sleep in parking lots and tents to get my pair.

Its been mentioned already, i got my pairs, im ballin in em so im happy. cant wait for more to come out.

:pimp:
pimp.gif
39-34
A BALANCED KOBE IS A GREAT KOBE​
Are you a Laker fan? Need a new avy? PM me. Laker videos only​

I was gonna wait for better colorways, but the Black/Maize are too dope.
And, I'm fresher than your produce.

Does anyone know the release date for Asian Black/Purple ZK2s?? I am going back to Hong Kong for a vacation and wanna pick them up when i am over there...

I willing to bet if Nike for 1 year gave Kobe the marketing and releasing the shoe towards the begining of the season as they did Lebron he would out sell or come to outselling Lebron. I have never heard a MVP chant for player for an opposing player. I'm from B-More and I know lots of Kobe fans.They don't chant MVP for Dirk, Lebron, Nash, etc in Boston or NY. Back to the shoes I hope they release these shoes in all black.

Quote:
he's only had 1 thus far correct?(ZK1?)

JM is talking about the Nike Zoom Kobe I AND the Adidas THE KOBE II. I for one appreciate JM's info. Its always nice to know if shoes sell well or not.

a) JM is an admitted "Kobe Hater" (check the previous Kobe threads which he often trolls)

b) Kobe is the biggest draw in the league (TV ratings + road attendance)....so saying that no one outside of Cali likes the guy is pure IGNORANCE

c) As long as NIKE is happy with Kobe (and from all indications they are)...I could give a flying monkey's rear end what some dude who works for Footlocker thinks or cares about Kobe

Sounds like everyone is getting upset. Just wanted to add my two cents:

1. I agree that the ZK1 did not do very well and most of the people that bought them are probably from California (which is expected with a player like Kobe)

But, Nike did not market the shoe in the same way they do for Lebron. If you watch his commercial for the ZK1, you never even see the shoe in the entire ad. (he's not even wearing them. he's wearing the 2K5's)

Also, he only had one magazine ad that I only saw in a few issues of SLAM. So, obviously they didn't market it very well. I think if they did, maybe more people would have bought the shoe. Who knows?

2. Also, there were so many damn colorways. I mean, they came out with the Grey/White/Light Blue ZK1, which I don't think Kobe even wore in a game. Also, he wore too many colorways on the court that made it so confusing because most people wanted the colorways he was wearing instead of some Black/White pair

-------So, with all that being said, I think Nike is trying to fix those problems. You can see that already, there are only four colorways releasing (one as an "Asia Exclusive" and another as a "West Coast Exclusive".

Also, I don't think Nike is producing as many ZK2's as compared to ZK1's so they might not go to outlets immediately (they might not even go to outlets at all...who knows?)

Look...the ZK2 came out a couple weeks earlier than expected because I'm sure Nike knew that Kobe fans wanted their pair now. So, I think we should just wait for mid-April to see what Nike does for advertising and marketing and then judge if they'll "go straight to outlets". Just hold your horses. I'm out

So Jm, nice try dude! You got some people here upset....INCLUDING ME!!!! I know you some facts(?) but you know what, we have more true facts than you have and lastly, we know more about the man than you my friend, so just try other posts...peace!!

Who is heading to the event this weekend? I know I am.
TeamLakers
Let's Start Another Win Streak!​

Quote:
we have more true facts than you have
laugh.gif

I like the information JM drops and he does help people locate shoes. He helped me get the oly 20.5.5s when they were first released. He is entitled to his opinion about Kobe and why he thinks Kobe's shoes didn't sell well just like you are.
Wanted: LBJs 1 & 2 DS sz 13! PM me

you guys should just not let jm get to you so much...

brush it off...

back to the shoes- hopefully i'll be able to pick em up on friday. been waiting to ball in these...

what exactly is happening on the 6th? just the "general" general release? or is this like an la only thing? i'm not quite sure.

we are all witnesses......to a conspiracyGOLAKERS!GONETS!
TEAMCHENI

Back
Top Bottom