The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

i agree with reggie2k8 to a certain extent...i totally feel that if the Kobe shoe was released like the original Jordan's (back in the day were released)...around february...they would sell a lot better...the advertising for his shoe is ridiculously bad...or non-existent...i think a lot of people like Kobe and i think his performance on court the last few seasons has been outstanding...he's done his job on court, but the marketing has been very suspect...if Nike actually pushed his shoe a little more (maybe a lot more) and made it apparent as to when and where the shoe was dropping (like they do with the Air Jordan) people would be all over it...

I think a lot of us get caught up in the fact that we check on niketalk every day as to what is going on in the shoe world...most people don't even know about niketalk or who to talk to about when shoes come out...they go to the store and see whats out and then buy something...you guys that are my age (28) have to remember what it was like when we were growing up and saw the Jordan ad and knew the Jordan's were out...there is not a single ad out for Kobe for this shoe...most people assume ads will come on tv to give the heads up about a shoe...

How can anyone expect his shoe to do well if we were still figuring out when his shoe was going to drop even a day before it did last week...we were asking and asking if this thing was going to drop and we know about shoes and dates and all that crap...I think people are hating on the shoe and its sales because its so easy to do that...people need the bombardment of tv ads to realize whats going on out there in the shoe world...if you go to the nike.com website you don't see anything about the Kobe...most people aren't going to go on a scavenger hunt to find when a shoe is coming out...Nike should be a little more intelligent on this one...they've been through it before...their marketing is very unusual...i still don't get the way they are handling this...

Getting back to what i was saying though...if they started a common schedule as to when to release the Kobe shoe and started a common colorway (like the blk/maize and laker home colorway) people will know what to expect and get excited like we all did when the Jordan's used to drop...let's be honest here...when Jordan's used to drop (im talking Jordan 3, 4, 5, 6)...we used to get hype (i know i did)...i knew the colors were going to be common for the first couple of colorways, but you still got so hype for the design...

You knew you'd have two regular season colors...one in white and one in black and then once the 7's dropped you could look forward to the Black Playoff colorway...then you'd get the one surprise summer colorway (or two or 3)...and then the reverse white colorway in the fall...leading up to the next years brand new Air Jordan...those were the days and it could become like that again...but its going to have to take a lot of work from Nike's marketing department...

One last thing...the internet, although amazing, has kind of taken the suspense and excitement out of the waiting for the new design of the shoe...sure, we get excited to see what the samples will look like...but we get these pictures about 6-8 months before the shoe actually drops...that does help some of us have the shoe grow on us, but most of us are going after the shoe anyways, because by the time the actual shoe is shown everyone is saying "FIYAAAHH, and COPPED x10"...i mean, all that happens is some of us get kinda sick of the shoe we've been staring at for 6 months and by the time the shoe actually comes out we're already looking forward to the new design...

Don't you guys remember when the Jordan's dropped and you didn't know what to expect (MJ might have worn the new Jordan a couple of weeks earlier or a couple times at random games and you're trying to get a good look at the shoe on TV, but the angle is never right?)...that was fun...now we're just in this funk cause we know too much...i guess the problem is that Nike hasn't stepped up their game to meet the technological advancements of the knowledge that so many of our insiders have...maybe if Nike paid more attention to the marketing and suspense we used to feel for Jordans...we might start seeing those crazy but fun times happen again...only this time for a shoe other than Jordans...could be really fun

Anybody going to the event hit me up. I am trying to see whats up with this thing...
TeamLakers
Let's Start Another Win Streak!​

Quote:
because by the time the actual shoe is shown everyone is saying "FIYAAAHH, and COPPED x10
:rofl:
roll.gif
RollWaveRoooooollTide

I bought a pair of blk/maize Kobe II's this afternoon noon and I live in North Carolina. I like the shoes and don't have a problem with Kobe as a player.

I don't buy into the HYPE. If they don't sell well, who cares! Go ahead and buy yours a year from now if you wish.
FS: DS SIZE 9 = Dunk High Premium Crocs and DS SIZE 9 UNLV BTTYS $200 shipped package PM ME if interested

Team North Carolina

nice article ThaWizzy2345

Nike better have a sweet marketing campaign

I have a feeling they'll focus on "Weapons of War" and have Kobe "choose" his weapon. That'd be sweet

KB8sandiego...you aLways got the iLLest avy out there

i dont care about saLes i just want my kobe 2s Lakers
LAKERS 49ERS DODGERS ATHLETICS​

These shoes are perfect to ball in , i was playin earlier and my feet were fine
as to what everybody's talkin about who cares if they don't sell if you like them go get em if not shut up...
anyways when do the laker colors drop

Ya'll trip too much. Who cares what the sales #s are? If you like the shoe, buyit. If you don't, don't. It's really simple.
I got mine and I'll get the Laker color.
COOK # 45

Quote:
JM is talking about the Nike Zoom Kobe I AND the Adidas THE KOBE II.
:x
sick.gif

But like someone else stated, like it or not that he isn't a Kobe fan, he contributes a lot to the board.

Quote:
KB8sandiego...you aLways got the iLLest avy out there
:D
happy.gif
TeamLakers
WIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

Well, I am not a Kobe hater nor a Kobe lover. I got Kobe 1 in blk/maize colorway, and they are good looking & performance shoes. I passed on Kobe 2 and will not grab any Kobe 2s bacause they were killing my achilles.

Quick question : if Kobe's shoes don't do well, is it possible for Nike to stop releasing Kobe's line? If I were a Kobe fan, I would love to see his shoe doing well.

Quote:
Quick question : if Kobe's shoes don't do well, is it possible for Nike to stop releasing Kobe's line?
TeamLakers
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1
4L8O15S16T23!42

so has anyone noticed how these shoes have a striking similarity to the ZL2's i mean in the way they ride, and the ankle support and the traction, almost even in the cut of the shoe itself (save for a wider toebox).

Thanks Ken, we appreciate the ZL2 redo, i just bought another pair of 2s as well, im just glad i get the new hotness. such a great sneaker why not go back to it!

i do however wish that the arch didnt flex, that and the achilles thing is irratating ...

I'll be attending the event also, with some homies i hope....

Do we have to RSVP?

thanks,
"You can play the left, cause there ain't no right in me" - Robin

Man, I tried to RSVP but I didn't hear anything.

The number sends you to a Nike Soccer Hotline and no one got back to my email.
TeamLakers
WIN BY ANY MEANS NECESSARY​
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" -Albert Einstein​
The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; Of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1​
4L8O15S16T23!42

yea, the # now has a different message on there, the JOGA BONITA message is gone....
but some of the 411 is contradicting other sources....

I dont think the RSVP is as important as they made it out to be...
i sent an email again today requesting that they save me a pair of "autographed kobe shoes" LMFAO.....

maybe that's why they didnt respond....haha

What time you showing up KB8?
"You can play the left, cause there ain't no right in me" - Robin

Quote:
What time you showing up KB8?
TeamLakers
4L8O15S16T23!42

I agree, theres abolutley NO marketing for this shoe thus far. I didnt even know they were out. I went in for a pair of forces and saw them...picked 'em up the next day. when I had them in my hand, some guy came up to me and asked if those were a Kobe shoe.....I dont think he even knew Kobe had his own shoe.
Just look at it as 30 more pounds of awesomeness

It says to be there at 9. I might show up around 6 and play playstation in the back of the car till stuff starts poppin off. If yall want to all get together pm me. I will be there for sure.
TeamLakers
Let's Start Another Win Streak!​

For the record, its always good to hear insight or even figures, but its another thing when you try to blend your personal hate/immaturity with your so called numbers.
Just stick to the facts and people might even take you more seriously jmadidas.

Now lets definitely get back to the shoes!

.......going back to shoes.........

so far we only have

3 colorways for the sheath ( releasing )
1 colorway for the strength
and 1 unknown colorway for the lite

let me ask you guys what other colorway do you want to see? :pimp:
pimp.gif

TeamP'NG -Purple & Gold Lakers
#4 LUKE WALTON ! myspace.com/shaq34kobe

Yo Dennis hit me up if you end up going to the event.I might go up for the event also after I get off work.

I doubt Kobe will actualy be at the event since the Lakers will be playing a road game at Seattle that night.
"Kobe is in a no win situation, he's in hoops purgatory."- Scoop Jackson

Back
Top Bottom