The revival of Hip Hop

Who do you think is contributing the most to the revival of Hip Hop?

I personally think it's Mackle. Thoughts?

Please listen to these examples before you judge him.

Last edited:
2 Posts. Joined Today at 3:08 pm

1386611327_point_large.gif

Right Now: Add-2, Kweli, Tipster, Kryhsis, Action Bronson, B4D*****, Adrian Younge, and many more its alive people!

So you feel like Macklemore is contributing more to hip hop than Kendrick, Pusha T, or J. Cole??

Right Now: Add-2, Kweli, Tipster, Kryhsis, Action Bronson, B4D*****, Adrian Younge, and many more its alive people!
There's a difference between Hip Hop and rap. 

Macklemoore? that gay dude?
Grow up please.
Macklemore is runnin' mainstream rap though, to keep it a thowww.
I think Mainstream rap is trash. I prefer not to listen to 2Chainz.
He's not reviving or keeping anything alive regardless.

So you feel like Macklemore is contributing more to hip hop than Kendrick, Pusha T, or J. Cole??
They all have different visions of Hip hop. J Cole and Pusha T are NY rappers, Kendrick is a CA rapper. Mackle is a Seattle rapper. I feel like he is contributing more.

@Barney you're trolling heavy. That or you're just a clown that doesn't know isht about rap.

And just for the hell of it, I'll feed you. What's the difference between hip-hop and rap?

Last edited:
I don't know my dude, I don't know..... I'm not hating on Mack but for you to say he's contributing more than K. Dot or J. Cole..... I don't know!!....Nope sir, I don't like it.  I can't roll with you on that; in addition, I must correct you on Pusha T, he's from Virginia not NY.

@Barney you're trolling heavy. That or you're just a clown that doesn't know isht about rap.

And just for the hell of it, I'll feed you. What's the difference between hip-hop and rap?
Hip hop is a culture which contains rap, dancing, graffiti art, and DJing. I'm honestly not trolling. Did you watch the videos?

I don't know my dude, I don't know..... I'm not hating on Mack but for you to say he's contributing more than K. Dot or J. Cole..... I don't know!!....Nope sir, I don't like it.  I can't roll with you on that; in addition, I must correct you on Pusha T, he's from Virginia not NY.
Sorry, I got mixed up about the Pusha T location. Might I ask you, how is Kendrick and/or J. Cole contributing to Hip Hop? 

The Material is just better, they all try to come from a real place but when it comes to the way it's delivered and perceived by the audience in the way they can truly feel it and relate to it; those two are doing it better... being able to combine those qualities with the technical ability of putting words together with a catchy flair is a major quality that not many artists posses. I'm not saying Macklemore doesn't try to have interesting topics; however, Kendrick and J. Cole have the topics and the ability to deliver it better.  Bottom line, I just feel them more and I think that's what everyone else is getting at too.

The Material is just better, they all try to come from a real place but when it comes to the way it's delivered and perceived by the audience in the way they can truly feel it and relate to it; those two are doing it better... being able to combine those qualities with the technical ability of putting words together with a catchy flair is a major quality that not many artists posses. I'm not saying Macklemore doesn't try to have interesting topics; however, Kendrick and J. Cole have the topics and the ability to deliver it better.  Bottom line, I just feel them more and I think that's what everyone else is getting at too.
Have you ever listened to Macklemore with that purpose? He delivers music so amazingly that it gives me goosebumps. The only songs that were ever able to do that for me other than Mackles are HiiiPower and Born Sinner. Having that said, So many of Mackle's songs give me those chills. Neon Cathedral, The Town, White Privilege, I Said Hey, Vipassana (Ryan Lewis Remix), B-Boy, Make the Money, Wing$, Claiming the City, and more. To me, Mackle is an inspiration to continue singing, song writing, and playing guitar. His wordplay is amazing, he has great speed, and has been rapping since the 90's. He brings me back to the days of his childhood even though I wasn't even born. He raps about social conflicts, political conflicts, and much like J. Cole and other rappers, hip hop. Most people judge him because of his radio songs; however, he always releases a few joke songs in his albums. The stupid radio decides to pick those up. He's self-labeled, and through all his fame remains humble and I doubt that'll ever change.

"Make the money, don't let the money make you."

Back
Top Bottom