The revival of Hip Hop

WHATTTTT... are you telling me that those songs are better than Kendricks "Sing About Me/ Dying of Thirst" or "Keishas Song" and "Poor Mans Vice" or J. Cole' "Breakdown"... can't roll with you on that man...

WHATTTTT... are you telling me that those songs are better than Kendricks "Sing About Me/ Dying of Thirst" or "Keishas Song" and "Poor Mans Vice" or J. Cole' "Breakdown"... can't roll with you on that man...
I never said they weren't better, they just don't stand out to me as much as the other ones do. I don't know Kendrick as well as I know J. Cole, so I may miss some of his songs, but does he rap about Hip hop? I'm not talking about the rap, I'm talking about the culture.

I never said they weren't better, they just don't stand out to me as much as the other ones do. I don't know Kendrick as well as I know J. Cole, so I may miss some of his songs, but does he rap about Hip hop? I'm not talking about the rap, I'm talking about the culture.
Just do me a favor and go listen to the Section 80 album from start to finish... then go listen to hip hop classic Good Kid Madd City and I think you'll understand where I'm going with this.  You should also check out some of BIG Krit' work while your at it too. 

Ok so you understand the elements, and you think because someone raps about the elements that means they're reviving hip-hop. Got it. Done here. 

P.S. This dude is biting Slug so hard it's not even funny. 

Macklemore is runnin' mainstream rap though, to keep it a thowww.

There's a difference between Hip Hop and rap. 

Grow up please.
I think Mainstream rap is trash. I prefer not to listen to 2Chainz.

They all have different visions of Hip hop. J Cole and Pusha T are NY rappers, Kendrick is a CA rapper. Mackle is a Seattle rapper. I feel like he is contributing more.

Grow up because I think Macklemore is running the mainstream? Huh?

I'm not even a fan of macklemore but he did his thing this year. You gotta realize that everything he did this year was done independently. That's amazing....

Im not knocking his hustle.. this conversatiin is strictly about the music. He can make all the moves he wants independently; I can always admire that but it doesnt have anything to do with hip hop contributions through your music other than showing people that the independent grind could be a very real and lucrative move.

So you feel like Macklemore is contributing more to hip hop than Kendrick, Pusha T, or J. Cole??
They all have different visions of Hip hop. J Cole and Pusha T are NY rappers, Kendrick is a CA rapper. Mackle is a Seattle rapper. I feel like he is contributing more.
Literally neither one of them is an NY rapper

Just do me a favor and go listen to the Section 80 album from start to finish... then go listen to hip hop classic Good Kid Madd City and I think you'll understand where I'm going with this.  You should also check out some of BIG Krit' work while your at it too. 
I've listened to Section 80. I'm in the process of listening to GKMC.
"Does he rap about Hip-Hop"
roll.gif

OP how old are you?

I'm gonna guess and say 14 or 15.

You realize how you sound when you say that J Cole isn't an NY rapper?
BTW I corrected myself about Pusha T.

J. Cole is from North Carolina. :lol: He went to NY for college.

I'm from Houston. I go to Howard so now I'm a DC rapper? :rofl:

You realize how you sound when you say that J Cole isn't an NY rapper?
BTW I corrected myself about Pusha T.

View media item 700376
Jermaine Lamarr Cole (born January 28, 1985), better known by his stage name J. Cole, is an American hip hop recording artist, songwriter and record producer from Fayetteville, North Carolina.

Get off NT and go study for your Geography test kiddo

Just because he's from somewhere else doesn't mean he's not a NY rapper. I never said he was from NY..

So he's a NY rapper NOT from NY? huh? :lol:

So is French an Atlanta rapper not from Atlanta?

Is ASAP a Texas rapper not from Texas?

Your logic is foolish. Stay in school kid.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom