The "SS Roy Williams will be out of the NFL in 2 yrs or less" Discussion ...

Never said he was a bum. but his career looks to be winding down at an alarming rate.

Roy aint gettin paid that money to be consistant and not make plays or cause turnovers or get the turnovers.

U and me both know and remember how effective Roy was and has been but lsat yr you could see his skills diminish and this yr you can see his skills erode.

Originally Posted by S4L3

When has Roy got burnt this season?

Dudes cry because he's not making plays but he's played almost consistent the whole season. You don't make the Pro Bowl being a bum...

he's consistent? at what? anchoring that feared cowboys secondary LOL.

Are you serious??? Dude is worse than Rodney Harrison in coverage... Dude had lost a step
Like i said, name a game or a play when he got burnt.

U and me both know and remember how effective Roy was and has been but lsat yr you could see his skills diminish

When he led all safeties the NFC in interceptions, huh?

Yep, last yr, he was winding down. He hasnt been the same ole Roy that I used ot love for two yrs now.

He hasnt been the same ole Roy that I used ot love for two yrs now.
Kinda hard when you got the league watching your every move and tackle you make on the field.

Yep, last yr, he was winding down.
You call it winding down, I call it a good season.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I used to defend Roy to no end because he always made plays.
Co-sign.

He's never been good in coverage, but he still made plays.

Now all he does is get beat in coverage, get ran through, and get flagged.
eyes.gif

I could see him come out with the Julius Jones defense at the end of the season, talking about "it was Wade Phillips' defense".

sick.gif
roll.gif
@ all the cowgirls showering with that homothug.

but he's played almost consistent the whole season

Can't disagree with you there. He has played consistant the whole season at getting burnt in coverage, missing tackles, and being relied on to be that guyto make the horse collar tackle. I dont know how people cant see it that his career is on the decline. Dude is just going downhill in coverage, makes lesstackles, misses more tackles in a hurry. There could be some problems coming up with him and the Cowboys organization soon if he keeps declining like this. Imean, I liked the dude in his rookie season because he made plays. He wasnt the best cover man, but he made plays. You cant argue with players making plays,regardless of how they do it. But he isnt doing that. He just isnt making many plays at all this year. Its tough to watch, becase we all know what kind oftalent he is and can be. But to see him struggle like he is, to see him play worse than his potential is tough to see, especially for Cowboy fans.

Shifting Roy Williams

Against Green Bay last week, Cowboys safety Roy Williams was replaced increasingly on passing situations. It's the first time in his career he has been consistently taken out on passing downs.

Wade Phillips said the adjustments have been made as opposing offenses use more three- and four-receiver sets.

"If they put three or four wide receivers in the game, it's hard to have a lot of safeties in the game and play some man-to-man," Phillips said. "You can't play all zone against it, because they'll spread you out. Roy can play man-to-man on tight ends, but it's tougher on wide receivers. Now, that's the reason we subbed that way."

Fat

Shifting Roy Williams

Against Green Bay last week, Cowboys safety Roy Williams was replaced increasingly on passing situations. It's the first time in his career he has been consistently taken out on passing downs.

Wade Phillips said the adjustments have been made as opposing offenses use more three- and four-receiver sets.

"If they put three or four wide receivers in the game, it's hard to have a lot of safeties in the game and play some man-to-man," Phillips said. "You can't play all zone against it, because they'll spread you out. Roy can play man-to-man on tight ends, but it's tougher on wide receivers. Now, that's the reason we subbed that way."
LOL. You dudes pull stuff from anywhere instead of watching the games. Hamlin went in and out on passing situations too in that game. Theyswitched in and out that game. It wasn't just Roy...

If Gunna, the most unbiased NT football expert, says it, it must be true.

6tcpemg.jpg

Son looks like that on every play.

Definitely. He used to be in shape during his rookie season, at about 220. Then over the past few years, he's allowed himself to get up to 230+. How theheck are you gonna be at that weight at his height and be a successful starting strong safety in the NFL?
smh.gif
He looks two steps slower, he's not playing aggressively anymore. I take RodneyHarrison over him easily. Harrison ain't good in coverage either but at least he brings leadership and football smarts, something Roy lacks.

And Roy not getting beat deep this season has more to do with Wade Phillip's game plan and strategy, not anything Roy has done himself. They'reprotecting him.

Yes, every player gets burned once and a while on passing plays. But thats once and a while . Roy gets burned all the time on passingplays. there is a major difference between once and a while, and all the time.

laugh.gif
Shoes defends this dude to NO END. Nothing is ever Roy's fault with dude. Like Gunna, I used to defend Roy to know damn end. I was at the head of hisbandwagon when this year started, as I thought he'd have a monster resurgence under the new coaching staff, and I've been extremely disappointed withhis play.

Roy has been EXTREMELY mediocre this year. He's still not in shape. He goes for the big hit too often rather than simply wrapping up and bringing the ballcarrier down. When has he been burnt this year? Surely you're not serious.
laugh.gif
Check back to the Washington game earlier in the year and watch ChrisCooley have Roy's head SPINNING. It's a FACT that Roy has been taken out on more passing downs this year than most any other starting safety infootball.

Fact is, Roy doesn't prepare himself or carry himself as an elite player. It's obvious he isn't keeping his body in peak shape, it's well-knownhe's never been a guy you'd have to drag out of the film room...Roy used to be a big hitter, a playmaker, he used to dominate games defensively despitehis deficiencies. Bottom line, he has not done that this year. Ken Hamlin has been clearly better. I've said before I thought he'd be gone ifthe Cowboys can get Hamlin re-signed and find a viable option to play next to him. The way I see it, Roy is making too much damn money to be an average safetyon a team with several key pieces coming up for contract extensions. If he wants to stick around, he better take it to another level in the playoffs anddominate.

late the haters come out the woodowrks. Either way Roy is my face player in the league and he will have a career for a long, long time. Pro Bowl, here hecomes.

Originally Posted by PharelFor3

late the haters come out the woodowrks. Either way Roy is my face player in the league and he will have a career for a long, long time. Pro Bowl, here he comes.

laugh.gif
@ you being happy with a Pro Bowl selection. I'd rather have aguy that produces than one that doesn't.

I'm starting to wonder if any other safeties play like he does, cuz I just realized that I find myself glued to him on most plays ... maybe im overreactingand placing too much scrutiny on him, but I honestly believe he is bottom 5 in the league period at the safety position ...

I hope Roy gets it together in the playoffs and then rededicates him self in the off season, at least one more season in Big D before we cut ties been a fan ofhis since Oklahoma but he's clearly a notch below the past two seasons.

Back
Top Bottom