the t-shirt cost/quality ratio is so damn non existent bruh

Only shirts I have that cost over $15 are some Ralph Laurens from a couple years ago and some skate shirts. When I think back to the hundreds of dollars I spent on shirts :frown:

a shirt is a outward representation of who you are when you walk around, kinda like a NT screen name..it tells a quick story of da person who possesses it.

so when i see you as BLANKMAN nobody who's on their 2nd SN unable to get reps it lets me know a lil bit of who im dealing with.

:lol:

It's a t-shirt

It's doesn't represent anything, millionaires wear plain t shirts and broke *** dudes wear "don't swear my swag " tees, what does that mean? Nothing :lol:

What's represented is the person, not your airbrushed DR shirt.

Uh oh, no reps, you got me :lol: your obviously winning with da reps :lol:

yes shirts do mean something, its part of your CORE wardrobe.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-shirt

T-shirts were originally worn as undershirts. Now T-shirts are worn frequently as the only piece of clothing on the top half of the body, other than possibly a bra or an undershirt (vest). T-shirts have also become a medium for self-expression and advertising, with any imaginable combination of words, art and photographs on display.[3]

and if ya actually did some HW on it, shirts actually used to be military surplus items until da 1950's when people started to wear em casually.

da "graphic tee" isn't even that old of an idea...

with that said, something always needs to be on my shirt, i dont do plain tees like i said..its boring.

Last edited:
It's a article of clothing that has no bearing on person you are.

I've seen ragged Tshirt wearing dudes pull bad females with stretched out collar and all.

And I've seen crispy Tshirt dudes get no play,

It's about the man under the article of clothing, stop trying to hype something up more than what it is and make it seem like it's some big deal to justify it.

Power point presentations and wiki articles on T-shirts :lol:
yup.. there is a difference between plain t's and dirty, raggy ones. . people that wear plain t's can go from bill gates, steve jobs to david beckham, jordan, and tigar woods.. :lol:

It's a article of clothing that has no bearing on person you are.

I've seen ragged Tshirt wearing dudes pull bad females with stretched out collar and all.

And I've seen crispy Tshirt dudes get no play,

It's about the man under the article of clothing, stop trying to hype something up more than what it is and make it seem like it's some big deal to justify it.

Power point presentations and wiki articles on T-shirts :lol:

at da end of da day, what you wear represents who you are, or what you want to reflect to others, hence why certain people can sell a shirt for hundreds of dollars

and others can't get their measly fly buy night hypebeast brand off da ground...

CONTEXT IS IMPORTANT when it comes to clothing.

Always messed with Target graphic tees. Most are $9.99 or less. Recently their Mossimo V-necks have been stellar. Have been messing with those. Grey and black plain T :pimp: .
heather gray or black Mossimos are 
pimp.gif

I wish they made the same shirts in a thin crew neck like the neck on the Obey plain tees
i've been phasing out the v-necks

Target mossimos are amazing. They're collection of diff shades of my fav colors are heaven

what are some good dri fit shirt brands?

I love dri-fit shirts.

Wrong.

The reasons brands can sell shirts for hundreds of dollas is because some people think they can BUY that status and that shows who they are.

Just cause you see the drug dealers in the heights with expensive and loud clothes doesn't prove self worth or self value. It doesn't represent who you are.

That why when you see these people with REAL money and Real WEALTH you don't see them in bedazzled shirts. They know what purpose they are under the clothes.

Stop it slime, your doing too much.

no,

how you agreeing with me and not know it :smh: :lol:

HELLO when you buy something for status you are SUBSCRIBING TO DA CONTEXT OF DA SHIRT.

this is why PYREX can get all these snot nosed brats to purchase plain champion apparel screen printed for HUNDREDS of dollars because they

subscribe to da "intrinsic value" of da shirt

a shirt is a blank canvas, and what you PUT ON IT is what gives it its value, otherwise its just ringspun cotton, and ink, da way a painting is just

paint, and canvas when you break it down, but no one here is gonna say a mona lisa is da same as something a 3rd grade splattered together in

art class.

now lay off because you just dig yourself a hole up in here blank man...

Last edited:
plain T-shirt > 80% of Nike big letter Ts, 99% of Adidas Ts that are just rip off of Nike Ts

and from moving to the suburbs I realized how unimportant clothing is.
suburban dudes save up for a mustang but wear Wrangler Jeans and undershirts pull finer females and have a better understanding of $ than dudes that spend all their $ to look fly.

Last edited:
plain T-shirt > 80% of Nike big letter Ts, 99% of Adidas Ts that are just rip off of Nike Ts

suburban dudes save up for a mustang but wear Wrangler Jeans and undershirts pull finer females and have a better understanding of $ than dudes that spend all their $ to look fly.

different toilet same ****, especially when you're comparing car culture to fashion culture.

when you live in NYC and you got some income coming in you got da choice to be A. da bummy dude wit da whip, or B. da fly cat taking da train, very RARELY can people do both

here because da cost of living, so da fact that you comparing burb cats shoppin at walmart to urban cats taking trains and copping at mom and pop stores is truly apples and oranges.

different toilet same ****, especially when you're comparing car culture to fashion culture.

when you live in NYC and you got some income coming in you got da choice to be A. da bummy dude wit da whip, or B. da fly cat taking da train, very RARELY can people do both

here because da cost of living, so da fact that you comparing burb cats shoppin at walmart to urban cats taking trains and copping at mom and pop stores is truly apples and oranges.

point A)
a plain T > 90% of whats in champs, some of which you rock with your griffeys

point B)
women respect someone that cares less about keeping up with the jones'

lmao, the only way you're going to stand out Uptown, whether it's Harlem or The heights is by NOT trying to keep up.
everybody out there is trying to be fly :lol:

Last edited:

point A)
a plain T > 90% of whats in champs, some of which you rock with your griffeys

point B)
women respect someone that cares less about keeping up with the jones'

lmao, the only way you're going to stand out Uptown, whether it's Harlem or The heights is by NOT trying to keep up.
everybody out there is trying to be fly :lol:

nah, thats throwing in da towel..i dont know da meaning of that...

your point A) plain T's are boring, looks like you wear da same thing over and over, and in my opinion it drives me crazy cuz its so void of anything.

when you're a public figure they actually WANT you to wear more plain T's because you can go to places and stretch your "look"

versus rocking graphic tees and being vulnerable to lookin like you "heavens forbid" wear da same shirt twice one day...

i jumped from da tommy hilfiger/polo era, to da rocawear/phatfarm era to da jersey era, i never wore a plain T other then using it as a under shirt for a jersey.

your point B) women only care about $, they don't care about anything else, looking for da approval from women when it comes to anything will lead you in a black hole

of infinite fail.

this is why women gravitate to cats wit gucci belts and all that other high priced fodder, because it implies you got $$$, which serves da purpose of what clothing is, its

emblematic to what you are trying to project to da public as far as what you represent, before da internet it USED to help represent where you were from too.

thats not true either.

if you CONSTANTLY wash your shirts and not rock under shirts to absorb your moisture and constantly soiling em with your sweat dont expect any type of shirt to last long.

i got shirts from 1999 that i still fit great and aren't faded because you put em in a cold wash cycle when you do have to wash em.

da key to preserve shirts is:

-ALWAYS wear a under shirt thats smaller then da size you wear to protect da outer shirt from deodorant, and sweat.

-have a GOOD rotation of shirts so you're not always rockin da same shirt all da time

-when you have to wash em , put em with like colors and wash em in a cold cycle with light detergent and NO bleach.

-cool dryer or even hang dry.

-dont be a pig when you eat, if you get a stain on you QUICKLY rinse it off before it sets that way you dont have to always constantly have to wash otherwise new shirts cuz of a spot stain.

Gotta cosign all of this. I'm a t-shirt and jeans dude 99% of the time, so I'm always on the lookout for tees with a good fit and graphic art or message that captures my eye. One of the reasons I love alphanumeric tees. And yes on undershirts, one size smaller and a little thinner. As a big dude who sweats a lot, this is necessary :lol:

But back to OP, I've notices that the thing is thin as hell t-shirts for like 30 bucks is the thing now? Hell no. Sales and outlets are my friend. I went to RIF awhile back, this rare brand plain white tee for sale for $70? ****.

if da shirt ain't heavy weight cotton usually dont mess with it.

all that thin shirt stuff is just more tappin da consumer cuz of da recession....

The context of a t-shirt...?

View media item 446362

ya laugh, but guess what?

Amazon product ASIN 1416937935
View media item 446393

T-shirts were just unadorned undergarments. But with the evolution of screen printing and the birth of band merchandising, T-shirts became so much cooler. Now every band with an ounce of savvy knows the importance of T-shirts not only as a lucrative sideline but also as a means of self- promotion and a way for fans to show their allegiance.

The Art of the Band T-shirt is a visual history of that perennial fashion statement, complete with nearly two hundred images of the most important, influential, iconic, and ironic T-shirts. It includes shirt images from artists as diverse as Led Zeppelin, the Ramones, Madonna, Morrissey, Public Enemy, and the Flaming Lips, each with a caption that includes historical background, little-known facts, or an artist's comments about the design.

A fascinating, beautifully illustrated archive for hipsters, fashionistas, serious collectors, and all music fans, The Art of the Band T-shirt is as indispensable and classically cool as the perfect T-shirt.

im always right because i do my homework on what i talk about...catch up

Last edited:
I only wear plain tees. Don't need to advertise for a brand or have a snappy slogan. I pay $6 a shirt, they last me for years and some even have pockets!

I only wear plain t shirts unless it's a shirt I got for free from school. Oh yeah or sports teams
Target has the best ones imo, them and Uniqlo. I'm not dropping bread on just a regular t shirt when those fit exactly how I like

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom