the thread about nothing...

You did an amazing job with the 20th anniversary patch, which, for those who don’t know, was slated to appear on some new merch, including a snapback, but unfortunately the factory screwed up our last run of caps before the pandemic hit and we no longer have an active sponsor to help out with distribution.

Still, there’s quite a bit of time remaining so it’s possible that the necessary partnership/volunteer support could materialize between now and then.

If nothing else, the design would be a great accompaniment to any celebration, as the 20th anniversary patch design was in 2019.

Here's one of the sadly unused design concepts featuring daruma daruma 's patch, for those curious.

20th-anniversary-chest.jpg

let me know,! i'm ready to flip a 25th anniversary design

That's understandable, Meth, I wouldn't want to put NT in a worse spot too if the current budget doesn't cover it. Also, I got one more question; would staff be okay if a member created an app for ios for NT but at no cost to the community?
We’d prefer to work with any developers interested in releasing a NT app. If someone releases an unauthorized one, that could make it harder for us if we were to ever produce an official app.

If you strip out all the ads, then the app would make it harder for us to keep the site online, and if it’s just a simple web wrapper then it’s little different than the progressive web app users can install now by adding the site to iOS/Android home screens.

Methodical Management Methodical Management

I’m not sure what happened with the websites relationship with the clothing brand Random Objects. I remember they had some sort of sponsorship with NT.

If a good standing relationship still exists with that company, it would be cool to see some sort of collab with NT. Their shirts are very high quality, and I support their message and mission statement, as a consumer.
We had discussed the possibility of releasing a shirt with them years ago, but if I recall correctly the interest level wasn’t very high on their part and we never saw a design.

Our goal was always to maximize proceeds to the charity, rather than do some self-congratulatory charity release that leverages a non-profit organization’s reputation without their consent, lets a bunch of people make money on it, and just kicks the charity the leftover change.

Anyone we’d work with would therefore have to be similarly motivated, because the only real benefit to their business is that the promotion would drive traffic to their store, where customers could peruse their inventory and consider other purchases, from which they could profit. This is the goal of online ad campaigns, but not everyone feels it’s worth the effort.

It takes a lot of work to handle the order fulfillment. Cap City would shut down their entire store for a day to box and ship all the cap orders, for the end benefit of raising $2-3,000 for charity. Once they started getting hit with chargeback scams for their trouble, they were out.

We did wind up identifying really good suppliers for printing and and blank tees, which were union-made, organic cotton, and used sustainable plant-based inks. Unlike the caps, getting shirts/hoodies manufactured isn’t an issue. It’s everything else.

Unfortunately, it’s not an easy win and with so much stalking/harassment going on these days I doubt a staff member would volunteer to handle fulfillment for us, were we to try and do it all ourselves.

I’m grateful for all the interest and happy to collectively work through the issues and problem-solve, but times have been tough for all the partners we used to work with on this stuff and that’s suspended the possibility of new merch.

let me know,! i'm ready to flip a 25th anniversary design

I think I speak for everyone here in saying that we’d love to see it.

So the only way for me to get cable is through youtube tv, and the cost is making me cry whyyyy I just wanna be able to watch raw and smackdown

We’d prefer to work with any developers interested in releasing a NT app. If someone releases an unauthorized one, that could make it harder for us if we were to ever produce an official app.

If you strip out all the ads, then the app would make it harder for us to keep the site online, and if it’s just a simple web wrapper then it’s little different than the progressive web app users can install now by adding the site to iOS/Android home screens.

That makes sense, wouldn't want an unauthorized one to go live, it's definitely a project I want seeing happening in the future.

Are Hokas really that comfortable? My girl who’s on healthcare has some and they just look so damn goofy to me 🤣
They are pretty much like Lunarlon in terms of comfort and Durability. they do look goofy in a way. Maybe because of the branding. Anyway, Boost is the way.

Trying to get a solid gold card

At 9/10 only need one more please b 🙏will send you $5 to cover the cost

Last edited:
That makes sense, wouldn't want an unauthorized one to go live, it's definitely a project I want seeing happening in the future.

Later this year, we're expecting an upgrade to our underlying forum software that would add webhook support. While insufficient to modernize web forums in and of itself, we're hopeful that this will help to catalyze new development and optimizations.

Back
Top Bottom