The Thread About Nothing...

Iverson is the GOAT. And also you don't have to be from somewhere to like a team. You can be the biggest Cowboys fan and live in Omaha, NE what does it matter?? And I hope PJ3 gets drafted in the 7th round he's so undeserving of anything else.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by supahoopa

i had to put this down before i read the whole thread

but no one can tell me that vcu is a better job than Illinois
my guy tells me that vcu is stable
shoot shaka barely made it to the tourney this year
i think he would do better with some kids from chicago

bruce webber jus couldnt get it done let some kids slip through his fingers

chicago talent from that last couple of years >>>
psh i dont know everyone
but they had some kids do some things in college..

penny was t-mac before t-mac
t-mac was kd before kd
therefore penny=t-mac=kd

practice > excited

ill be back with more...

My two cents would be that him (and Stevens) are waiting for a "bigger" gig.

How much bigger? Kentucky? UCLA?

Probably.  Who would blame them for declined 2.5-2.6 and wait for the 3.2-3.5 in that range?  Meant bigger in that way as well.  Not to say those two programs are it or are changing the guard anytime soon but I wouldn't be shocked.

I dare you to name me a better experience witnessed live in person than the 2003 ALCS Game 7 (a.k.a. the Aaron Boone game).

That will go down as the Top 5 greatest nights of my life.

Originally Posted by Statis22

My two cents would be that him (and Stevens) are waiting for a "bigger" gig.

How much bigger? Kentucky? UCLA?

Probably.  Who would blame them for declined 2.5-2.6 and wait for the 3.2-3.5 in that range?  Meant bigger in that way as well.  Not to say those two programs are it or are changing the guard anytime soon but I wouldn't be shocked.
you're talking about cash right ?
who's gonna offer them that much ?

they havent proven too much

stevens could have got a job at indiana ..i thought Indiana would be a good job..

but i dont see how much bigger you want

all i could see is duke unc and those aforementioned 

but duke and unc arent going anywhere fast..

Originally Posted by Oasis

The Heat will win the championship this year.

roll.gif

bkmac:
I dare you to name me a better experience witnessed live in person than the 2003 ALCS Game 7 (a.k.a. the Aaron Boone game).

2002 World Series, Game 6

Yours is remembered more because it's the Yankees. Being a Laker fan, I know what I'm talking about, and I've never denied that Laker games/accomplishments are sensationalized more just because of the Laker lore.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

I think players should be able to go from hs to the draft if 4 of the top 5 picking teams say they want them in the draft.

How would that be any different from the old rule of just being able to enter directly?
Nobody was holding a gun to those "4 of the top 5 teams" forcing them to choose HS players. They were evaluated and scouted just like college athletes were.

I think the rule either needs to mirror college football...or not exist at all.

The one year rule is pointless. 
Good point. What I'm thinking is that HS players should be able to go straight to the L. I hate this rule where you are forced to either go to school or overseas. It is very much pointless. 

I like the idea of either go straight to the L or stay in the school 3 years also. The one thing is what if a player who chooses school simply dominates early on in his career & he's basically a surefire #1 pick?

I understand how in CFB rules are rules and you have to stay 3 years but even that rule is dumb imo.

Iverson is the GOAT

I have said a number of times that he is arguably the greatest scoring player in history but GOAT? Naw, still think people are trolling when they say that. MJ and Magic are 1-2 IMO.

Anybody think Magic > Jordan btw? Jw...  

I know a lot of people that were born in the 60s and earlier that truly believe Magic was better. And I can totally understand that. Magic and Bird really brought the NBA back into popularity in the 80s, not MJ like many would like to think.

Originally Posted by Caerus

Originally Posted by DIOR PAINT

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

I think players should be able to go from hs to the draft if 4 of the top 5 picking teams say they want them in the draft.

How would that be any different from the old rule of just being able to enter directly?
Nobody was holding a gun to those "4 of the top 5 teams" forcing them to choose HS players. They were evaluated and scouted just like college athletes were.

I think the rule either needs to mirror college football...or not exist at all.

The one year rule is pointless. 
Good point. What I'm thinking is that HS players should be able to go straight to the L. I hate this rule where you are forced to either go to school or overseas. It is very much pointless. 

I like the idea of either go straight to the L or stay in the school 3 years also. The one thing is what if a player who chooses school simply dominates early on in his career & he's basically a surefire #1 pick?

I understand how in CFB rules are rules and you have to stay 3 years but even that rule is dumb imo.
With football it makes perfect sense from a physical/psychological standpoint. But you do raise a good point about if a kid dominates to the point and then is practically "stuck" in school because he can't enter. That's a scenario that leads into the topic of a farm system for basketball but that's a whole different topic right there. I will say that the NBDL could be platform to make alot of *%%+ right w/ basketball and this whole topic in general but it isn't being done right. 
Think of a scenario where a kid on the fence of going pro or going to school for 2 or 3 years...goes to school and decides after year 1 or 2 he's ready to go pro. He'd enter the NBDL pool and become draft eligible after a year or two. He benefits by playing on a level that's one step up from college but one below the NBA...so he's getting better and getting hands on treatment/advice from NBA players/officials. 

The thing it comes down to...is a player resisting under the table money from a big program and forgoing that to live the bus/motel life of the NBDL. Might have to increase the pay rate of the league to make it more attractive to the kids. 
Here's a thought.

If the one and done rule didn't exist...would Calipari still be coaching in the NCAA?

Originally Posted by odog24

who will replace kobe after he retires?

Nobody. I don't play by those norms. You can't replace an MJ, Kobe, or Lebron and even the lesser Stockton's, Kemp's, Hill's. They all go their own things going on.
laugh.gif
@ that random grouping I just came up with.

Edit: Did you just mean on the Lakers? 

Originally Posted by 651akathePaul

Originally Posted by odog24

who will replace kobe after he retires?

Nobody. I don't play by those norms. You can't replace an MJ, Kobe, or Lebron and even the lesser Stockton's, Kemp's, Hill's. They all go their own things going on.
laugh.gif
@ that random grouping I just came up with.

Edit: Did you just mean on the Lakers? 

i meant the league. and i mean who will be the new face of the league.? cuz mj was representing the nba now kobe is so whos next?

Where the hell has Eric Gordon been this year? I understand he's been injured, but w/ what & for how long?
or is he just tanking this season & preparing for FA?

Originally Posted by MBen32

Where the hell has Eric Gordon been this year? I understand he's been injured, but w/ what & for how long?
or is he just tanking this season & preparing for FA?

I wouldn't be surprised if he joined the Pacers if they move Granger.

Originally Posted by bkmac

One of my most vivid sports memories. I was the only one staying up to watch it and I remember dropping to my knees with the double fist pump
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by University of Nike

The Blazers have the worst management in the NBA.
Sure miss Rich Cho. Parted ways with Portland because Paul Allen didn't form a "significant bond" with Cho. Top-3 GM in the league along with Masai Ujiri. 

I want KG to get traded to the Thunder so he can win another Championship. People probably would hate on him for that, but still...

Originally Posted by ChampCruThik

Originally Posted by University of Nike

The Blazers have the worst management in the NBA.
Sure miss Rich Cho. Parted ways with Portland because Paul Allen didn't form a "significant bond" with Cho. Top-3 GM in the league along with Masai Ujiri. 

THIS. The only thing MJ has done right in his tenure as owner was  hiring Cho. I believe we traded Gerald Wallace for Rich Cho honestly
laugh.gif

This freshmen class of pgs was very weak this year, beside tiny wroten. And also Josiah Turner, guess I'm just wondering how the hell was Teague the #1 in this class. Kid game is so ugly.

Back
Top Bottom