THE THREAD ABOUT SKATEBOARDING.

yeah something came up and i just had to leave the country asap.. im just being updated now thru instagram.. you can check it out by searching the hashtag #volcomeuropeinoman

Seems the board doesn't play nice when YouTube and Vimeo clips are in the same post?

Saw this Stevie Williams & Josh Kalis edit got upped yesterday. Good stuff.

I don't get why people seem to hate on straps, especially ones that protect laces or keep baggy pants from swallowing your feet.

Sup SB NT'rs

31 year old master 50/50'r here. After talking too much skating on the SB thread,  I've finally found this thread.........

COOL!!!

Hyped that this dude, after that bomb Pulaski part, (from the looks of it) got on NIKE

I got 2 tricks in this vid tho icywtk @ 1:18 & 1:46 the sexy guy in the wife beater 

Last edited:
I have a natural tendency to land on the balls of my feet bc that is how it is in most other sports I play. Trying to land flat footed on the board so i land my tricks consistently because I keep tipping and having to step off the board.

Do you guys watch x games or do you dislike it like street league? Why is there only one this year as opposed to 4 last year?

I remember back when trying to learn to kickflip, I'd finally saw a guy do one in slow-on a vhs tape (411 issue 2). My parents had this banging vcr for awhile too that had good slo-motion on it so I decided to watch that guy do it in extra extra slow-mo. 

I was finally like "That's how you do it!!!" I went outside and boom! In like 5 tries didedddd it.

Learned alot of tricks doing it this way. Had the option to control the speed of the slow-mo frame by frame. 

Couple years later I read a Brad Staba interview and one of the questions ask, "How did the name Skate Mental come along?" He said, " Skating with BA  and smoking mad weed we would talk about skating like it's so easy to land a trick if you just think about it and visualize yourself doing it." I think he just start yelling Skate Mental at sessions lol.

I watch x games when I can but much rather street parts.

loved the KA's. was able to snag a pair at a thrift shop years later, they ripped somewhat easily but shoe goo was a life saver.

adio-shoes-kenny-anderson-v1-2003.jpg

it's funny I was just telling my brother couple weeks ago how I hated him bc he had a pair of few Montoya's and never got me a pair.

mtIyXBrD9IUA_IOgXfzwdCA.jpg

One Step Beyond is so sick, sucks what Adio is now.
yeah something came up and i just had to leave the country asap.. im just being updated now thru instagram.. you can check it out by searching the hashtag #volcomeuropeinoman
damn man, bummer. hope you catch the next one.
bought some high top SB's bc of how annoying my pants were getting when they overlapped my shoe and would get caught.
welcome 
nthat.gif

damn, I didn't know there was only one xgames. I caught the street skating today, Alec Majerus was killing it.
dope part, music was bad 
sick.gif

Figgy's double kink K grind.

a dope one I came across

a fun one

wearing a pair of dc commands today to skate. its a pair of tanks, ive worn them through snow, rain, mud everything since 2008? Looks new.

How do skaters wear pants in the scorching heat? I get that is protects legs from getting scraped but its close to 100 deg out there

I'm more into hip hop and reggae. Rock and country don't do a dang thing for me
mean.gif

$110? Don't think I can shell out 110 for shoes that get holes in em after a month but damn these look like they perform

wearing a pair of dc commands today to skate. its a pair of tanks, ive worn them through snow, rain, mud everything since 2008? Looks new.

How do skaters wear pants in the scorching heat? I get that is protects legs from getting scraped but its close to 100 deg out there
word, I started wearing shorts and high socks and I just want to wear that every time I skate, I mean it's not 100 degrees but 75+ for me is melting point. I'm a sloppy skater so my shins do get a beating at times though.
$110? Don't think I can shell out 110 for shoes that get holes in em after a month but damn these look like they perform
too broke to buy them but I did try on a pair someone had.

eh, I'd rather skate BA's if I'm spending that much.

Raymond Molinar's Thrasher part.

love this part, nothing crazy technical, just clean fun skating.

repped, tried finding it on youtube to post it but you beat me to it.

it's part of some Berrics thing, REDirect I think. they also have a cool little series called 'Let Us Roam'

just saw these on the Vans website, I wonder how skateable they are, the LXVI's may be my all time favorite pair, I guess these fall in the same family. they look amazing but $100 
grin.gif

VN8C3V-HERO

Figure to post this here since I didn't know there was a skateboard post.

Anyone know where I can get the Alien X Ryan McGuinness board? I am a huge fan of both and it looks like I went to try and buy it too late but maybe you guys might know some smaller skateshops that have it online.

1dali0rmfl787kq.jpg

Saw this mentioned on Skateline. Pretty stoked to see a fat old guy like Barker Barrett still killing it as much as he can. Reminds me that I need to get better at skating transition (again)!

For transition skating that's a bit more crazy, Heroin skateboards just put up an edit of when Barrier Kult went to Osaka to skate with the Daggers. Might try to embed it later if they up it to YouTube.

Zach Wallin's behind the cover for his giant kickflip. Kind of stoked that they didn't "ruin it" by showing the make.

I'll be disappointed if there is no actual oververt skating in a video entitled oververt.

I'll be waiting for those Lunar Janoskis to go on clearance for sure.

Sorry for double post, but Thrasher put up some new stuff.

Tokyo footage from Phil Zwijsen . I've probably been to two of the spots featured. The banks by the river are pretty far from where I live and as far as I know is the only spot in that neighborhood. I wantto go check out that bank spot used in the ender though.

Gnarly Decenzo footage. As someone who had ankle surgery, I didn't need to see those images from the operating room.

BATB7 reminded me of a few things:
Luan skates fast and pops his tricks high and clean, even in a game of skate
People hate on doubleflips, but it was okay for Koston to break out all those pressure flips?
Steve Berra's a kook
I hate listening to the "Berrics rules" being read out loud before EVERY GAME
That girl with the pink hair in the stands during the finals was hot

that Tokyo Days part was AMAZING!!!

started work last week and I feel so out of the loop, I barely saw RYDECENZO"s part, barely found out who won BATB, haven't skated in a week+

I'm getting anxiety.

The Motivation is on Netflix if anybody wants to watch it.

dudes at the local skateshop gave me the bones brigade doc on blu-ray. man that was a great watch. got me all choked up at the end. love listening to rodney mullen speak too.

dope videos guys 
nthat.gif

new SB commercial 

I could watch curb skating videos all day

some raw skateboarding 

new NB#

the top pair is soooooooo nice.

10507935_666122166803886_1082549423_n.jpg

I was hyped on these Huf 2's but wasn't expecting a $100 price tag 
ohwell.gif

HUF2_web.jpg

this part is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD!!!

Back
Top Bottom