the thread about TWOs

to any aj2 experts i skipped them in the 80s and went right to the 3's. if i buy a 2004 retro can i still wear it today? not familiar with these on how they hold up. thx

to any aj2 experts i skipped them in the 80s and went right to the 3's. if i buy a 2004 retro can i still wear it today? not familiar with these on how they hold up. thx

on the wearability of 2004 AJ2 retro - you are more likely to experience sole separation than a cracking/crumbling midsole - which would depend on the pair, you & your judgement - if you're not that big you're good tho

a truly NDS pair would be better for a pair to wear honestly

with all that though - the 2004 AJ2 midsole will hold better than 1999-2003 AJ3-6 at this point for reference

hope that helps - i'd cop if that's what i was after right now, some separation isn't an impossible fix

Last edited:
Man. Blame anyone who complained about the creasing on other retroes of these. Gave Jordan Brand the opening to this **** ****
that's still the most LAME thing I see in this whole "sneaker culture". How are you honestly going to complain about a shoe creasing with a straight face?? people are seriously idiots these days.

i also believe "creasing" is at the core of many toebox issues on retros these days - including the ds shape/mold

Last edited:

I still wear mine, today.
The only piece that looks remotely yellowed is the white molded piece that wraps around the heel.
They wear great.
A ton of cushion, as well.

thanks for all the help! i just want the black midsole. the retro coming out has too much white for my tastes. im 140 and 5-8 so im not too big and light on my feet. will be for occasional wear. 

thanks for all the help! i just want the black midsole. the retro coming out has too much white for my tastes. im 140 and 5-8 so im not too big and light on my feet. will be for occasional wear. 
The 2004 retros are still very wearable.  Hell, so are the 1995 retros!

I only wear my 1995's and 2004's a couple of times a year and there is absolutely no issue with either of them.  Much like the 1's, they age very well.

Last edited:
the 95 2s rot on the bottom nike panel & can crumble on the sides of the midsoles

only properly cared for worn pairs are still wearable today - -limited to begin with-they are now endangered - props to those with them

have had multiple pairs

ps - haven't seen a wearbale og pair since my early NT days - i think maybe some dude on here used to wear them to in-store sneaker releases

Last edited:
white-red-jordan-2-retros.jpg

white-red-jordan-2-retros-08-570x379.jpg

white-red-jordan-2-retros-07-570x379.jpg

white-red-jordan-2-retros-06-570x379.jpg

white-red-jordan-2-retros-05-570x379.jpg

white-red-jordan-2-retros-02-570x379.jpg

God damn, those pics! Probably only person here passing on carmines for the cdp 2s.  

Last edited:
*Sigh* Whatever, they're decent enough I guess.

In for one if the leather is soft.

Last edited:
These are a tough decision for me, because I don't have a single pair of 2's and I like them, would cop both blue/elephant print and the white/red pairs but May is a big month! Where I got like 3 absolute must haves.. Concord low 11's, carmine 6's and carmine 1's.... So I'm some how suppose to throw in the Blue/elephant print 2's in that same month and then the first week of June grab the red/white 2's, when the all black low 11's follow the next?? Not to mention the all red 1's that drop on 6/28... That I think are pretty hard also... Just don't think I can budget any of the two's over the shoes I mentioned and still actually have a life! Otherwise I will be spending a lot of time at home doing nothing but looking at shoes I'm afraid to wear out in public and get dirty!! Sorry but I just can't be that guy... So sorry 2's wish I could cop, but looks like I'll just wait another 5 years for you to be released again!

the 95 2s rot on the bottom nike panel & can crumble on the sides of the midsoles

only properly cared for worn pairs are still wearable today - -limited to begin with-they are now endangered - props to those with them

have had multiple pairs

Well, my '95s are very wearable and look and feel almost like new. Of course you have to take care of them, but I never did anything special to take care of mine. I didn't wear them too often, I never wore them in the rain or snow and I kept them in the box in a dark closet when I wasn't wearing them and that's about it. I don't know under what conditions they would rot, but that has definitely not been my experience. I have a pair of the '95 lows and 2 pairs of the highs and all are in great condition.

PS: paid retail for the lows, $75 for one pair of the highs and $65 for the other... I miss those days.

Last edited:
I really love the shade of red on those White/Red 2's. Gives it a dramatic look imo. 

Is it me, or is the ankle part slimmer than the previous retros?

Back
Top Bottom