THE THRIFT LIFE: Post your thrift steals.

What's good fam. I haven't seen a thread about posting your latest thrift pickups. I want this to tie into other threads, since you can pick up nice shoes/dress shirts/cups/etc. You can find all sorts of brands, either super worn out or barely used, sometimes they have the tags still attached to them. Its crazy the stuff you can find.:x

Lately I've been only checking out Savers and Goodwill. I'm not a fan of Goodwill's setup so I end up avoiding it most of the time. I'll post my pickups from the last trip.

View media item 1769233View media item 1769234View media item 1769235
I spent 20 on the boots at a salvation army. couldn't pass up since they were still in tact and had only a few scuffs. Timberland 6inch waterproof classic wheat. It was fate since it was my size. The KD 2s were a dope! pickup for 15. They were super clean, looks like the person before only used them to play ball indoors. I rocked the brown shirt today.

If someone can identify what that other native american looking print shirt I got, would be highly appreciated. I thought it was perfectly funky for these upcoming holiday months. Peace!

LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT NT.

Hell yeah man it's crazy. Just started doing this, I got rid of most of my wardrobe earlier this summer. Now I'm rebuilding it with some thrift steals. Only thing I can't do is pants.

Those KD II's :pimp:

Still have my pair. Traction is terrible but they are best KD design IMO

My wife is into thriving (her frugal mind is a crazy turn on. Save dat money ma :smokin)
You should go to the Goodwill nearest to the most affluent areas, you will get the least worn and most
expensive gear for damn near nothing. Flourish.

I tried thrifitng once when I was younger, something didn't feel right about it and I never did it again

Nothing recently but some of my best stuff I've picked up thrifting. Wifey used to be into it a lot so we'd go almost every weekend. I've copped Redwing and Grenson boots for like $30 each, a fair amount of Lo, etc. never really got super lucky with sneakers. I once found DS vintage Pippens and ZoomHawk Flights in size 13 and 14 for like $8 a pair. Flipped em for a little bit of money but not much. Found a pair of AF1 Sheed lows for $25 in good condition but they were a half size big. Rocked em a few times here and there but eventually donated them somewhere else.

I've donated a fair amount of stuff too. Actually a lot. Way more than I've copped, especially sneakers. I once donated a kind of beat pair of fire red 3s and saw some dude rockin them a few days later which was pretty cool.

Found some nice SB Blazers twice before from Buffalo Exchange. If yiu want decent dress shoes, go to a thrift shop and look for the design you think would work, dont worry about the condition cause some TLC and they could look pretty damn good, and with character since theyll be broken in most likely already.

ross/marshalls/tjmaxx count?

i alwasy walk into a thrift store to see what shoe heat theyll randomly have. i see all types of af1s, jordans and KDs

but i picked up a pair of WTL 11s from ross for 50 bones once

Man I love finding stuff at the thrift store that i can flip for money.

Usually pass by on Mondays to see what they got. Some stuff this month I did good on:

Nintendo NES system with 3 games and 2 controller...Paid 24.99 : sold for 119.95
Sega Nomad just the handheld console no games or battery pack.. Paid 13 : sold 110.95
Vintage mid 90s Tommy Hilfiger Windbreaker Jacket... Paid 18 : sold for 103.95
Vintage 90s Tommy Hilfiger Sweater paid 13 : sold for 74.95
Vintage Polo Sport down Jacket Paid 20 : Sold for 114.95
Pittsburgh Penguins Jaromir Jagr Jersey Paid 24 : sold 84.95
2 air max griffey 1 in the volt and the other was black/blue....paid 34 for both i think : Sold on Craigslist 140 for both
G. Loomis Salmon Rod paid 25 : sold 160 (could have gotten more) on local Facebook group.

Last edited:
Thread is appreciated. Mad people talk crap bc I go to them but **** em.

I've gotten lucky with a few SB pairs, jerseys, jackets. There was a pair of 8.5/10 Space Jams for $100 yesterday.

I always get strange looks at the thrift store. People look down on me like I shouldn't be there.

Yeah you definitely get weird looks when you walk up in there looking super nice. Maybe that's just us being paranoid lol.

I cleaned the KD's up nice. All the scuff marks are gone, I seriously had to wipe the shoe down with a rag and warm water and they are back to white. I'm selling them already too, they have been disinfected though.
Looks are one thing, but it doesn't sound super clean.

You wearing someone else's athletes foot b.

I cleaned the KD's up nice. All the scuff marks are gone, I seriously had to wipe the shoe down with a rag and warm water and they are back to white. I'm selling them already too, they have been disinfected as well. They're not my size but an easy 20 to 30 profit is nice.

Man I love finding stuff at the thrift store that i can flip for money.

Usually pass by on Mondays to see what they got. Some stuff this month I did good on:

Nintendo NES system with 3 games and 2 controller...Paid 24.99 : sold for 119.95
Sega Nomad just the handheld console no games or battery pack.. Paid 13 : sold 110.95
Vintage mid 90s Tommy Hilfiger Windbreaker Jacket... Paid 18 : sold for 103.95
Vintage 90s Tommy Hilfiger Sweater paid 13 : sold for 74.95
Vintage Polo Sport down Jacket Paid 20 : Sold for 114.95
Pittsburgh Penguins Jaromir Jagr Jersey Paid 24 : sold 84.95
2 air max griffey 1 in the volt and the other was black/blue....paid 34 for both i think : Sold on Craigslist 140 for both
G. Loomis Salmon Rod paid 25 : sold 160 (could have gotten more) on local Facebook group.

DUDE! amazing. That's what I'm trying to do while also copping stuff for myself.

It's about time we have a thrift thread. I've been going to thrift stores for quite some time now to find older gems that I couldn't own back when I was kid. I will definitely be subscribing to checkout what others find. Also I work with a friend of mine to put some things up to sell on Instagram that aren't in our size. If you guys could check it out and follow, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:
Man I have picked up AWESOME stuff from the thrift stores. OG Nintendo in the box, Magic Johnson rookie card, 70's-80's Hotweels, tons of vintage Marvel comics.

I've also made money off my findings there. Bought a vintage football clock for $7 and flipped it for $450 :wow:

I have to keep my eye open for the Vintage Tommy :nerd: these things sell high on ebay.

Today I returned that native american print shirt from my first pic since it didn't fit, for these.

View media item 1770745
Top: Long sleeve Nautica Polo, in cream color. Sick find. Looks like it was never worn or washed. The navy blue tag on the inside is still dark dark navy.

Middle: Timberland fleece vest, This ***** needs to get washed asap, has some cat hair.

Bottom: Light blue Columbia PFG short sleeve shirt. Impulse buy for sure 3.99.

Of course most of the stuff I'm picking up is aimed to make a profit on Ebay or elsewhere. I'm not trying to keep all this stuff.

Back
Top Bottom