The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Man I was going to buy another panerai but that heuer autavia looks great. I want to see it in person.

^ :x

Rolex and Tudor are trippin' :rofl:

Omega killing it, though. Just too pricey. The 60th anniversary bundle is :smokin

Last edited:
Tudor looks weird with their new steel bezels, it kind of makes them look cheap because they're brushed?

Omega is cool, I like the Railmaster but nothing really impressed me, somewhat all of the same like Rolex.

Tag wins with the Autavia so far, I do have a soft spot for vintage watches and while Omega is vintage-ish, it feels more like they just put brown patina markers to make it look old.

I also like Hamiltons Intra-Matic 68 (not exactly introduced in Basel but still new).

Yeah. Agree with the fake patina ruining the look. Would have been a better re-issue with regular lumed indices.

Also, the Intramatic 68 is :smokin

Tudor could've just launched a bezel-less Black Bay with the same-sized Black Bay Black dial, and it would've been loads better. 41mm seems to big. 39mm would've competed with the Explorer 1 for market share though.. Maybe that's why. :/

Last edited:
eh, Tag passes enough of the requirements so they can call their watches Swiss Made

most watches in it's price range likely has parts made in China too

That speedy looks amazing! I think that will be my next watch now that buying a house is out of the way.

eh, Tag passes enough of the requirements so they can call their watches Swiss Made

Not as of next year.

And I doubt an Explorer or Air King has made-in-China parts.

I said in their price range, Tag is a notch or two below Rolex and the Air King or Explorer equivalent for Tag is still going to cost you a couple of thousands less. Like a Carrera Auto = Explorer, one retails for $2,400 (that could be had for close 50% off) while the other retails for $6,550 (where you'd be lucky to get 5% off) and the Tag had a date function while the Rolex doesn't.

sure they have extravagant pieces that could run you 10k+ but those are more of an exception than the norm and the Rolex equivalent

Tag slander is just getting really old

Last edited:
It's not slander. They deceivingly manufacture the majority of their timepieces in China and use a loophole to brand their watches as Swiss-made. In most circles, this would be considered unethical.

I mean it would be nice if you posted an article for those who aren't aware of the situation...

It sounds like slander if you just post it without anything backing it up assuming.

If it is from using Seiko parts, well I don't think it's a secret anymore and it still passes to be labeled as Swiss Made.

If there is an issue there then blame whoever is governing the Swiss Made label.

I spy fake watches on the previous page.
tongue.gif

hope it aint mine

I hope the new skydwellers don't have a 3 year wait. That's a great watch for the price. $14,400 for a Rolex w/ annual calendar, that would be a dream daily beater.

Back
Top Bottom