The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

before they released the SGBW in light blue, the omiwatari was on my wishlist, its symmetrical spring drive and 38.5mm which is just about perfect with the power reserve in the back

Grand-Seiko-SBGY007-Omiwatari.001.jpg

but im more than happy with the smaller and cheaper sbgw i got
EC516B0A-D6DD-4F5B-991C-B44FFD8957D9.jpeg

but GS is definitely gon start cranking out more, just take a look at these two new thailand exclusive pieces
gs2.png

gs1.png
Grand Seiko has really beautiful dials. Not just these two at the bottom but in general.

Picked it up today. AD didn’t have any goodies to give me as they ran out - but said I would get the 3 watch leather holder around Christmas.

Attachments

• 33A55707-222E-4E5E-BBC2-25E2434EA0FF.jpeg
    33A55707-222E-4E5E-BBC2-25E2434EA0FF.jpeg
    325.6 KB · Views: 87
  • 8EEC7F20-D521-47BC-A58A-943BECFA0F0C.jpeg
    8EEC7F20-D521-47BC-A58A-943BECFA0F0C.jpeg
    243.7 KB · Views: 244
I’ve been waiting over 2 years for this, they sold me a rootbeer last Christmas to hold me over till this came in.

Got it for retail

Picked it up today. AD didn’t have any goodies to give me as they ran out - but said I would get the 3 watch leather holder around Christmas.

Congratulations! Best sub configuration in my opinion. Hoping to get my hands on one soon.

People are funny man :lol:

I have a friend who was apparently looking at picking up a watch.. I didn’t know until I told him I got my PRX.

He was originally looking at a Tissot as well and a Timex, both around $300-$400 (he told me this before I told him what I bought) .. but suddenly his order shows up today and he went a completely different route and copped a $1,750 Garmin? :lol:

Simple but beautiful, I'm a huge fan of their moonphase and heartbeat models.
I guess my watch doesn't necessarily have to be a two-tone, it's just that on my left (where I wear my watch) I wear an 18kt yellow gold bracelet and an 18kt white gold ring so I feel like two-tone fits better.

Idk I'd have to try them out in store to see if it isn't a bit too much gold, if I can find the time and authorized dealer somewhere. Not a big fan of just steel on those Frederique Constant models, it makes the beautiful dial stand out less.

I remember from some years ago that Omega had a set of watches with a unique looking dial but I don't recall much of the specifics. I don't recall the line, might've been Constellation, but they had a sort of wavy/whirlpool-ish dial in 3 colors if I remember correctly. I know for sure one of those dial options was in an amazing looking dark purple. The others were red and blue I think.
Checkout Longines Master collection if you’re looking at different options

People are funny man :lol:

I have a friend who was apparently looking at picking up a watch.. I didn’t know until I told him I got my PRX.

He was originally looking at a Tissot as well and a Timex, both around $300-$400 (he told me this before I told him what I bought) .. but suddenly his order shows up today and he went a completely different route and copped a $1,750 Garmin? :lol:

Tryin to FLEX on ya 😂😂😂

i have a japanese connect.
Kurono Tokyo def not worth the money based on using others movements.. but the resell on some models are good.

at retail i think its worth it even with the outsourced movement, youre laying for the handmade craftsmanship

to do this to each and every dial is time consuming and perhaps even on GS level

Back
Top Bottom