The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

As mentioned, I made a lowball offer (or so I thought) on a Daytona the other week and the seller accepted.

Fast-forward 12 days and here she is.

For me, this watch kills 3 birds with one stone.

I've always wanted a white gold Daytona, but felt like a 116509 might be a bit redundant given I have a stainless 116520.

I've also wanted something on rubber, as I've had a great deal of sellers remorse from selling my AP 15300OR on rubber a couple of years ago.

And the ceramic bezel is the icing on the cake (something I dislike on the stainless Daytona, hence why I have a 116520 instead of a 116500).

In person, the watch is spectacular. The silver dial against the warm hue of the white gold is exquisite, and the black accents from the sub dials, Oysterflex, and ceramic bezel ties everything together perfectly.

Could not be happier.

Attachments

• 3EB4EEC7-6BC4-4A6D-BC31-E2B95C2DD997.jpeg
    3EB4EEC7-6BC4-4A6D-BC31-E2B95C2DD997.jpeg
    281.8 KB · Views: 134
Some interesting exhibition pieces at the AD today. Tried on the YM40 with pave dial (no photos). Can’t do rose gold but if I had 45k to blow on a novelty piece this would likely be it.

Star of the show was the green-dial YG DD40. The flat green dial does a brilliant job toning down the bling of the watch and thus makes it much more wearable IMO. I fell out of love with my DD40 (hence why I traded it for a 116528), but I wouldn’t think twice about buying one at retail if I were ever offered one.

Attachments

• 49B60A78-FA03-4EFB-94E6-0513C80DF1DF.jpeg
    49B60A78-FA03-4EFB-94E6-0513C80DF1DF.jpeg
    261 KB · Views: 212
Any bikers in here?

I'm wondering if wearing automatic watches while on two wheels does any appreciable damage to them.
I wear mine on the bike (959 panigale) for casual rides, would never wear it for track days. I think the potential for cosmetic wear from your jacket cuff from all the vibrating should be considered too, not to mention going down and possible road rash to your watch

Last edited:

Ultra Rare Factory-set Rolex Sky Dweller Owned by Drake for Sale in London

2.jpg

A luxury watch dealer in London is offering an incredibly rare diamond-set Rolex formerly owned by Drake.

The Rolex Sky Dweller Ref. 326259TBR was an off-the-books edition produced by the iconic Swiss brand in 2021 featuring a diamond-set 18K white gold case and bezel with Meteorite dial and baguette-diamond hour markers and supplied on a black Oysterflex rubber strap.

It has been suggested the reference was produced exclusively for the Chinese market in extremely limited numbers.

1.jpg

its really sad, a tragedy that people lose their life over this sh*t

and rolex really is a target for sure but also to be fair, dude wears a ton of jewelry and posted it on ig and his GF also apparently posted where they were eating at the restaurant and he wasnt wearing a rolex, he had an iced out AP

A source connected to the restaurant tells us the shooter appeared to have targeted PnB in a robbery ... he posted video of himself wearing expensive jewelry earlier in the day.

D9FB6620-FFC1-432A-879F-8B0501FCF4CA.jpeg

not saying he deserves any of this, no one does, im not trying to be disrespectful but everyones just got to be extra careful these days and he also spoke about this too:

Rock spoke about prior robbery attempts in Los Angeles during a Sept. 2 episode of the podcast "Off the Record with DJ Akademiks."

The rapper said he was out with his girlfriend and daughter on Fairfax Avenue "mid-pandemic" when people tried to rob him.

"Where I'm from, we like sneaky criminals," Rock said. "In L.A. … they bold."

Rock and the host spoke about how robberies targeting rappers seemed to be becoming more common.
"I never got robbed, ever in my life," Rock said. "I ain't gonna say never because I don't like saying never. I'm not superstitious, but I haven't been robbed."

"That's why I feel like L.A.’s spooky, man," Akademiks said. "It's just so bold. I'm seeing mad videos, like they don't even do it at night. Like night maybe, but broad daylight, that's when they really do it."

Rock said that after his oldest brother was killed, he changed — becoming more on edge and conscious of how suddenly a situation could turn deadly.

"It's just been something in me that just let me know, like this s— real life," Rock said. "I done seen people die. I done been around people that died…. Anybody can die."

AP / PATEK / ROLEX .. any popular watches nowadays are a walking billboard for people to rob you unfortunately.
People killing and dying over jewelry and tools for telling time. Let that sink in.

I just grabbed a couple of these on a whim. I kinda love them but much different than what I am used to wearing.

A couple?? Are they easier to get now? I’m interested but don’t really have the time & energy to chase one down right now.

Red and green look great.

Can you normally haggle for watch prices at an AD? I went to the closest one and she looked like I was crazy asking her lmao. She asked her manager and he said they can hold the tax but no % off of retail. I thought making a deal was apart of the game.

Tourneau known for cutting deals these days?

yes, for watches that doesnt move quick there are definitely room for discount

i would usually look at grey markets like jomashop and see what theyre selling the watch for and then ill only buy if they can come close to it because for watches like the tag f1 thats a quartz, its very low maintenance and they offer their own warranty (where most of the time you send them the watch and then they send it to the manufacturer anyways, thats why they usually keep the warranty cards)

ADs are of course gon want the most possible profit so a lot are gon be stubborn to start

In the past week my friends have gotten a Kermit, black date sub, panda Daytona and a Destro. Looks like supply has caught up? Or just a lucky week? Who knows.

at any pricepoint?

GP laureato?

VC Overseas is probably easier to get than an AP but still not a walk on

i like the chopard alpine eagle, i was so close to getting one, might still before the end of the year if i dont get the damn exp36 or pelagos39

hublot classic fusions are cool in my book but its the watch everyone loves to hate

on the more affordable side, the prx is good and if you dont mind some modding, casioak

Back
Top Bottom