The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Gotcha, definitely take your time and don't rush it. Try on as much watches as you can and see what you fall in love with.

To be honest, if you are looking for a one-and-only watch, Hamilton might not do it for you.

Thinking the Hamilton is the best route as well. Nothing wrong with the Aquaracer. It was just an impulse buy. Trying to stay around $2500 and wanted to do more research before settling in on one.

love my Hamilton. But like RFX says try a bunch on and go from there

Last edited:

Take your time bro. Visit your local Tourneau or Authorized Dealer (AD) and try on as many watches as you can.

Pro Tip - you can save a ton by buying used. Watchrecon is a great place to see what is out there. For $2500 used - you might be able to get a Speedy Pro, Monaco, Pan Europ, Legend Diver, Black Bay, etc.

New you can get something from Hamilton, Tissot, Mido, Certina, JDM Seikos, Longines, Rado, Stowa, Laco, Limes, Archimede, Nomos, Max Bill, Junghans, etc

Take your time bro. Visit your local Tourneau or Authorized Dealer (AD) and try on as many watches as you c
Pro Tip - you can save a ton by buying used. Watchrecon is a great place to see what is out there. For $2500 used - you might be able to get a Speedy Pro, Monaco, Pan Europ, Legend Diver, Black Bay, etc.

New you can get something from Hamilton, Tissot, Mido, Certina, JDM Seikos, Longines, Rado, Stowa, Laco, Limes, Archimede, Nomos, Max Bill, Junghans, etc

TRF has a couple of Hamilton's for around 500-600$

26123yb.jpg

opinions on an Orient Bambino? not enough funds for a rollie yet. :lol:

opinions on an Orient Bambino? not enough funds for a rollie yet. :lol:

You can't be cereal, the bambino is the quinnisential recommendation for an automatic dress watch under $150. Few negs: non-samphire crystal, not handwindable. Just don't buy from Creationwatches

You can't be cereal, the bambino is the quinnisential recommendation for an automatic dress watch under $150. Few negs: non-samphire crystal, not handwindable. Just don't buy from Creationwatches

:x any reason why? Just bought from Creationwatches

I'm looking for a gold tone colored watch and i've narrowed it down to these choices

most interested in:

Amazon product ASIN B00KCF7ETS
don't know about guess watches but I found these iffy on these:

Amazon product ASIN B00H4EZ37K
Amazon product ASIN B0034I5ARS
Im guessing guess watches (no pun) are looked down upon judging by the pieces in here but im looking to spend around 150. That probaly doesn't leave me too many options but if anyone has any brands that they could point me towards I would appreciate it.

I know it's a touchy subject in most circles but I'd like to know you guys take on homage watches? Not GM or fake but simply another watchmakers take on a classic silhouette.

I know it's a touchy subject in most circles but I'd like to know you guys take on homage watches? Not GM or fake but simply another watchmakers take on a classic silhouette.
I'm all for it. That is one reason I like the Aquaracer by TAG. As long as it isn't a fake, but from a reputable company its fine.

What's your definition of homage? If you are talking about watches that look 99% like a more expensive watch with the only difference being the logo/brand name, I personally am not a fan. Example: Rolex Sub and Steinhart Ocean1/Invicta 8926.

Homage, of me, are watches that borrow elements of popular watches but stand on their own right in terms of design.

At the end of the day, buy what you want and will wear.

I'm all for it. That is one reason I like the Aquaracer by TAG. As long as it isn't a fake, but from a reputable company its fine.
I agree also, I also think the issue with the diver style homages is that since the design is so iconic and been produced in so many styles and variations over the years that its quite hard to find a truly original design and certain key elements will always be attributed by some to certain predecessors, i.e. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms and Rolex Sub

Many in the watch community argue that the Rolex Sub is itself a homage of the Blancpain Fifty Fathoms which is attributed as being the first modern diver watch released in 1953.

Other argue that Rolex actually released its version of the Sub sometime in 1953 and later going into production and released to market in 1954, therefore arguably making it the first modern diver watch and therefore making the Blancpain essentially a homage of the Rolex.

So in the end it really all just depends on what you like and what you can afford, just buy what you like and don't worry about what others think

I buy what I like and could care less what others think, I know what I'm worth.

For example, with the Steinhart Ocean, I own three Ocean series Steinharts and love them, when I was first looking for a diver style watch I looked at every brand high, middle and low, I tired all the usually suspect and once I had the Steinhart on wrist and in hand it was a done deal, the price, quality and build were excellent.  Compared to say a Sub the <$500 price tag on the Steinhart v. the >$6k price on the Sub based on the quality of the build, movement and ultimately telling time the Steinhart gets the job done on both ends, it gives me the time, keeps time with in specs, has a great build quality and is a fraction of the price of the other.  I don't wear my Steinhart so some little douche bag will think I have a "ROLEX" I wear it because I love how it looks, it tells me the time and all for a great price.  I just could not find any reason for me to personally to pay around 15x more for something that to me didn't have 15x more worth to pay for, so I bought the Steinhart.

But for example I love the DateJust II fluted bezel and will mostly likely purchase it next year because I love the look of the piece, if there was a maker similar to Steinhart that made quality homage of the DJII, with great build quality, great movement for a fraction of the price I'd be all over it.  I haven't found them so I'll just settle for the Rolex, lol jk

Last edited:
So here it is.

They don't allow digital timers for the LSAT. It's set to count down each 35-minute section. Just finished my first practice test. Boy am I in for a ride. Currently registered for the February lsat.
pimp.gif
 Good luck bro

I took my LSAT years ago, that test sucks but once its over you'll feel that weight lift off your shoulders 

Just wait until you have take that Bar Exam in a few years 
mean.gif
 that test really sucks, lol

Last edited:
I too took the LSAT. Will always remember the girl who got up during section 1 and just bounced. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom