The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Caseback is easily the best thing about these. I swear Omega doesn't like money at this rate. There have been so many small complaints about the design of the diver 300m and if they implement 1 or 2 of them they could move a lot more units

Agreed…This was a lazy change up to the line, at least to me…Considering that Omega is one of the brands that are willing to update their line more frequently, it feels like the 75th anniversary for the Seamaster lineage would’ve been to perfect time to really fox some of these complaints people have been throwing at them for a while…

I get it, the SMP 300 has really become identifiable as THE Omega Seamaster…There’s things that they probably won’t ever change up with the model like the helium valve and the bracelet…But they could easily make some minor tweaks that would greatly improve things…Scale the case size back, taper the bracelet / fix the clasp, and minimize the helium valve….Hell, they could even offer the thing on an alternate bracelet like they did with the 2255 at one point…It’s stuff they could do to make it so much more appealing to modern tastes while still keeping that SMP vibe…

I think the issue is actually that they really are moving a good amount of the SMP’s outright since they’ve got them at just about the perfect price point to label them as one of the best bang for you’re buck luxury dive watches available today…Outside of Rolex GMT’s, SMP’s on the rubber strap are probably the most common luxury watch I’ve seen out here in Vegas over the past couple of years…Maybe they don’t feel like they NEED to invest in changes at this point 🤷‍♂️

the current iteration of the 300 diver with the hev doesnt have a half century long history for them to be so stubborn from removing it

i think the og seamaster looked more like the seamaster 300 anyways but maybe the true update to the model is saved for next year?

the current iteration of the 300 diver with the hev doesnt have a half century long history for them to be so stubborn from removing it

i think the og seamaster looked more like the seamaster 300 anyways but maybe the true update to the model is saved for next year?

2025 is the 30th for the SMP 300 right? Might be off by a year or so…

Still a couple years for them to make adjustments…I’d be totally fine with a modernized 2254 if I’m being honest here…

Yeah I think we see revised models in the next year or two. I think as there was such a delay from Watches and Wonders and it being an anniversary we all got our hopes up (I definitely did).

I can't believe that they heard the complaints about the speedmaster (which were relatively small) and made changes to that model (bracelet) but not have something planned for the seamaster. In the meantime, I might just cop the 2254.

Bro just realized how **** invicta watches are.
My ex got me one on a cruise that was $900
we split I gave it back and she said sell it
I’m seeing the exact 2 tone perpetual motion black blue bezel Pro Diver online for $120 😭

Then I Google invicta cruise scam & hella ppl are getting marked up invictas just to return home and see the same watch for 30-60% on sale smh

thats just how invicta operates

on theit website and home shopping networks, youll see them for 80%-90% off while in stores youll see retail and get maybe 20% off and look like a deal

even in their outlets, theyll be buy one get one free at half off but you’re still paying way more

sorry fam, but its not a scam. its lack to due diligence and getting caught up in the moment. i'm not trying to throw shade, but buying almost anything without comparing prices is not good practice.
Yea my ex got it for a surprise. It’s still a scam, women don’t know watches usually and these dudes probably sell it like it’s a steal. I wouldn’t have bought no damn time piece on a cruise ship at all. But I hear ya.

I just got a call to pick up my ice blue PRX. Took like 3.5 months I totally forgot about it.

nice! i might pick up the green dial tomorrow.

how do you guys store your watches? i have one of those glass top cases, but i'm thinking about switching to a zipper style case like the ones Delugs offer.

i got a couple of these wolf british green watch boxes, i just wait til they go on sale (usually 20%-25% off)

1687932203147.jpeg

1687932139417.jpeg

i also got one of those invicta carrying cases, i figure its the best anti-theft ever, once they see the invicta logo people are sure to stay away :lol:
1687932400902.jpeg

nice! i might pick up the green dial tomorrow.

how do you guys store your watches? i have one of those glass top cases, but i'm thinking about switching to a zipper style case like the ones Delugs offer.
I bought one of these. Cheap, decent quality and looks more expensive then it is.

1687956631562.png

Attachments

• images.jpeg.jpg
    images.jpeg.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
I bought one of these. Cheap, decent quality and looks more expensive then it is.

1687956631562.png

Nice - the drawers are convenient. I like having the display case, but I kinda want to “hide” my watches in my night stand or something vs having them in the case on the dresser.

Nice - the drawers are convenient. I like having the display case, but I kinda want to “hide” my watches in my night stand or something vs having them in the case on the dresser.
I hear that. I don't put any really valuable pieces in that one. I do move more valuable pieces around the bedroom if they aren't on wrist at night.

I hear that. I don't put any really valuable pieces in that one. I do move more valuable pieces around the bedroom if they aren't on wrist at night.

Oh that’s interesting. We have a “if the house is on fire - grab this” system and I think it would be more efficient to have a zip case close to it, instead of a glass top case I have now.

Definitely interesting. Not for me but I can see these being a hit. I wonder if the carbon composite case will act similar to ceramics in terms of durability.

Last edited:
My friend just bought a starbucks last week, it was the regular old green bezel.

Cool though if true.

Found this link:

It’s true, they just started popping up in the FB groups this week.

Sort of intrigued as I need a stainless daily.

Back
Top Bottom