The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Where I'm from, you better where that YMII with pride, you do NOT exchange the gift.
thats what i was saying.. they are not a very well off family, hard working people, saved up to get him it since he wanted one...

He better wear that YMII in every damn photo of their wedding and for years to come. One may not like a gift, but in those situations, you just gotta put up with it.

Plus the fact that they're a hard working bunch who saved up to buy him something special, he should see the effort they put in and respect that.

If he wants a better/more expensive model, he should just save up for it instead of trading in that gift.

I hadn't come across the Ticino Pilot... not bad.. especially at that price. I'll definitely consider it.

Nice Hamilton, Nike Hoops21. I found my dad's old watch that he used to wear and one I suspect was his dad's. Got them cleaned up and restored and even though they weren't anything of great value, I didn't recognize the name but they were automatics. I gave them to my brother with specific instructions "Hey, you have to wear these regularly or they'll stop running... at the very least just move it around for a little bit every now and then". What does he do? Not a thing and now they don't run and need to be serviced again :smh: what a clown

He better wear that YMII in every damn photo of their wedding and for years to come. One may not like a gift, but in those situations, you just gotta put up with it.

Plus the fact that they're a hard working bunch who saved up to buy him something special, he should see the effort they put in and respect that.

If he wants a better/more expensive model, he should just save up for it instead of trading in that gift.
he wanted a YMII so they got the one he wanted, then he sees a gold one and completely forgot about the one they gave him the other day. I saw him in the rolex store talking about exchanging it today

That's even worse, they got him the one he wanted, but he just happened to see another one he liked too 
laugh.gif

Hopefully they're cool about it, but I'd just appreciate the gesture and wear it happily.

@eiddyfouw   i have been to 3 events with him since he got it, he hasnt worn it. Was talking to my friends dad and hes mad he hasnt. Then tonight he tells them hes going to sell it and buy the other watch. The parents are VERY angry.

Rude or not, I'd get rid of the YMII. I can't think of a more garish Rolex and I would be embarrassed if I had to wear that monstrosity.

@eiddyfouw
  i have been to 3 events with him since he got it, he hasnt worn it. Was talking to my friends dad and hes mad he hasnt. Then tonight he tells them hes going to sell it and buy the other watch. The parents are VERY angry.

It's just tacky as hell to do that. Extremely tacky. Let alone if it's the one he wanted. The gift was purchased by his new family and they clearly put in an effort, whether he like's it or not, you just wear it with pride, ESPECIALLY around them.

Worse case scenario you keep it for a whiiiiiiiile, and come up with a story that it got stolen, and replaced it :lol: :smh:

Rude or not, I'd get rid of the YMII. I can't think of a more garish Rolex and I would be embarrassed if I had to wear that monstrosity.

:smh: at the YMII slander.

I love the yellow gold version so much that piece is a dream come true for me.

One day..........one day.

Where I'm from, you better where that YMII with pride, you do NOT exchange the gift.

This, repped.

@eiddyfouw
  i have been to 3 events with him since he got it, he hasnt worn it. Was talking to my friends dad and hes mad he hasnt. Then tonight he tells them hes going to sell it and buy the other watch. The parents are VERY angry.

So disrespectful. I'd take it back and get my money back, so ungrateful. :x

.....nice gift.

wonder what you got her then lol.

I got her some high end winter wear and I'm meant to take her down to Cartier over the next few weeks to pick her up some bracelets, as I have been too busy with my work schedule and she wants to pick out her favourite ones in person together.

man.. recently bought the superocean heritage 46, black bezel and face.. literally had it for 6 days and took it back.. just didn't feel comfortable on my wrist.. this one:

so now I'm going with a submariner (just waiting for some things to come through), probably the green one since it's different.. but considering the black with steel

Can never go wrong with the Sub!
was trying to get something a little different.. and cheaper, for just a beater watch (got it for just over 3)

but it just felt uncomfortable, even after playing with the sizing.. gorgeous watch though

now it's deciding between the black and green.. as I mentioned above probably going with the green, since it's less common than the black

Last edited:
Can never go wrong with the Sub!

was trying to get something a little different.. and cheaper, for just a beater watch (got it for just over 3)

but it just felt uncomfortable, even after playing with the sizing.. gorgeous watch though

now it's deciding between the black and green.. as I mentioned above probably going with the green, since it's less common than the black

HULK SMASH

Last edited:
So green over the black?

Love the green and obviously it's more unique then the black (which is nice since it's a popular watch).. But the black is safer

Thanks for any input

The green is cool but if it is going to be one and only Sub, I'd personally go with black.

I just find it to be more versatile and less conspicuous than the green.

I know many will cringe but I do feel the black Sub can be worn with a suit while the green, not so much.

Back
Top Bottom