The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Can't remember right now but I just remembered RM started off with a partnership I think with AP or one of the historical houses. That's how he got his recognition and respect relatively quickly.

Edit: Also I just re-read your post and realized that you probably wouldn't be shocked at the 90k EUR price point.

Just to give you an idea for their tourbillons...

RG 501.04.91- 274,500.00 €

View media item 1419715

Last edited:
Richard Mille is definitely good for what it is but as stated very expensive. It also doesn't work for everyone as it is pretty huge and a bit unusual. It is mainly the style that aficionados does not like from RM but their movements are very well respected.

Can't remember right now but I just remembered RM started off with a partnership I think with AP or one of the historical houses. That's how he got his recognition and respect relatively quickly.

Edit: Also I just re-read your post and realized that you probably wouldn't be shocked at the 90k EUR price point.

Just to give you an idea for their tourbillons...

RG 501.04.91- 274,500.00 €

People with money who likes watches both young and old.

Last edited:
Russian Oligarch families
Arab Oil families
Tech billionaires
Chinese Real Estate moguls and their families
African industrial millionaires and billionaires
Trust fund kids
Finance people
Oil traders

As RFX said, they're very big, and some of the older more conservative consumers may not be as interested. And from what I've seen on the Gram, younger people are definitely in the market.

pretty sure those instagram ones are replicas, the number of young people that can afford a watch like this is probably almost nonexistent 
Arab Oil families
Tech billionaires
Trust fund kids
Finance people
Oil traders

As RFX said, they're very big, and some of the older more conservative consumers may not be as interested. And from what I've seen on the Gram, younger people are definitely in the market.

pretty sure those instagram ones are replicas, the number of young people that can afford a watch like this is probably almost nonexistent 

You would be surprised at the amount of young rich people out there, plenty of young new money and young old money kids. Plus it's not like RM is mass produced like Rolex, Tag, Omega, etc... They make like 2500 watches a year iirc, I think I remember Richard Mille saying he doesn't even want to come close to producing 5000 watches per year. That was a few years back and they do increase their production slightly every year so they are probably at 3000-3200 per year now but that is still nothing when Tag sells about 700,000 and Omegas sells 800,000 watches annually.

Arab Oil families

Tech billionaires

Trust fund kids

Finance people

Oil traders

Nah, there's just some really rich people out there.

The case of RM looks interesting to me. It reminds me of AP with the nuts. Patek has really grown on me though. I think I read the guy who designed the case for the AP RO also designed the Nautilus.

Don't get it tangled and twisted b.

I'm living poof I can afford a watch like that.

Last edited:
The case of RM looks interesting to me. It reminds me of AP with the nuts. Patek has really grown on me though. I think I read the guy who designed the case for the AP RO also designed the Nautilus.
Don't get it tangled and twisted b.

I'm living poof I can afford a watch like that.
You actually bought 1 of these watches?

To Seiko diver owners, what made you get the particular model that you got?

I can't decide if I should go with the SKX007, SKA371 or the Sumo.

Yah it's designed by Genta. Along with the Royal Oak and Nautilus, he also designed the IWC Ingenuer (pretty close to those two in design with the porthole inspiration), Bulgari (the one with Bulgari written on the bezel) and both Omega Constellation & Seamaster. Dude is a pioneer, keep in mind that he was commissioned by AP, Patek, Omega and Bulgari all to create a design to go against Rolex. He is probably credited to the success of most of those brands as those are their iconic watches.

The SKX007, not a fan of the bezel and I didn't like that the Diver's 200m was in orange font.

The Sumo, didn't like the font on the bezel and the links didn't seem wide enough (what I mean is the watch case seemed weirdly larger than the band)

The SKA371 got everything right about the stuff I didn't like about the above two. It aesthetically looks better to me and is my favorite Submariner homage.

If I were to choose one of those Seikos, I'd probably go with the SKA371 just because I like the less obvious date on it. It's not too distracting and kind of blends in.

If I were to choose one of those Seikos, I'd probably go with the SKA371 just because I like the less obvious date on it. It's not too distracting and kind of blends in.
I've actually seen people knock the SKA371 because it doesn't have a real date on it. Who seriously needs it?

I went with the SKX009 and the factors for me were price and I liked the design the best.

Not a fan of the Sumos, and didn't really look at the SKA371.

3PK8hX8.jpg

SODA3yy.png

d2pp2TN.png

I was ******* around looking at some pieces and came across a brand called Squale.

Anyone familiar?

The make an "homage" Hulk Sub, which I've never seen before. Also have an homage of the white gold sub with the blue face+bezel. And a "root beer".

Last edited:
I was ******* around looking at some pieces and came across a brand called Squale.

Anyone familiar?

The make an "homage" Hulk Sub, which I've never seen before. Also have an homage of the white gold sub with the blue face+bezel. And a "root beer".
Micro brand with a cool history. I have the black 20 atmos and the price to quality ratio can't be beat. I won't own a real sub anytime soon, so this is a solid option. Probably the best sub homage @ 40mm you'll find IMO.

Watch noob here. Can anyone tell me what model this is?

My uncle gave it to me years back and I've been wearing it for a while now. I know nothing about it (or watches in general for that matter). For all I know it might even be fake.

View media item 1421595

Back
Top Bottom