The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

No, I was just curious really since I tried a search online to spot any differences. The outlet mall was legit as hell (Lacoste, Ralph Lauren, Gucci, Coach, etc) I like seeing the detail on a watch.

Makes me wonder which part of the city that is now.. :lol: :nerd:

AD pricing here in general is depressing. Surprisingly, Seiko and Oris are very competitive here. :smokin

If it makes you feel better it's highly unlikely that the watch is worth 10k especially without box or papers. Assuming it was a stainless steel black bezel model.

The only recent modern SS subs fetching five digits are mint early green bezel black dial anniversary models.
Not sure exactly which model. It was an older joint. I came by the Rolex store in the city and chopped it up with an employee who said it was an older model they dont make anymore and would only increase in value steadily. I'll post a pic later maybe ya'll can ID it

Can anyone give me their overall opinions on Alpina watches? Like I've mentioned, I'm building my collection and have recently bought the Khaki Field Officer in a 44mm. I've come across the Alpina Alpiner Automatic which retails for $1395, but can be had on Joma and some other online retailers for much below that. I've read the first page but would like a bit more advice from someone who is familiar with this brand or owns one of their watches. Obviously like any new enthusiast, my biggest concern is overpaying for a watch with sub par movement and overall quality.

This is the watch,

Thanks bro. Got it for 21% off and shipping out of state.

The AD here allows you to pay up to 10 months layaway (keeps it in the safe in the meantime) and then also offers 12 months 0% financing on a Wells Fargo credit card that's same as cash. Will have half the watch paid off by next month then will charge and pay the rest over 10 months while it's on my wrist. Makes it much easier to stomach by spreading out the payments and being able to enjoy it in the meantime.

Oh that's chill, I have only bought from an AD twice, and I got 20% and 25% but never inquired about layaway or financing. My local AD's have always said that with financing they will not let me get a discount.

Now, I pretty much just buy on forums exclusively, or from my friends who are in the trade.

Question.

Always have been eying the BLNT since it released. I am going to be traveling soon and would there be any benefits to trying to buy it or look around for one in Hong Kong and/or Japan?

I don't want to get fleeced with buying a used one unless it's for an AD and want to make sure what I am buying is the real deal. With that, any benefits in buying overseas? I've been googling it but no real answers in the current time and economy in both of those regions.

Great choice, assuming you mean BLNR? I have a friend that exclusively buys Patek Philippe in Hong Kong because he gets better deals, there's a huge trade show over there called Hong Kong Gem and Jewellery show happening next month, that he goes to every year. I have been wanting to go, since i'm in the gem/jewelry trade and next month might be my first visit. An added bonus is being keen on watch prices and hopefully I can bring a grail home for less than what i'd pay here. I'm unsure if it's open to the public, though. I'm not sure how the pricing is for Rolex is over there, but i'll ask him today.

For what it's worth, I got my BLNR brand new for $8300 out the door. I bought it from my friend who has a watch store in LA, it was unworn and came with the warranty card dated one month before, from Geary's Beverly Hills, complete w 5 year warranty. For an easy, face-to-face deal with a friend, I couldn't have asked for more.

Oh that's chill, I have only bought from an AD twice, and I got 20% and 25% but never inquired about layaway or financing. My local AD's have always said that with financing they will not let me get a discount.

Mine didn't want to discount period for some reason, I don't think he took me serious since it was my first time ever coming in there, ended up being a really nice guy though.

I think My next choice is going to be a Planet Ocean, want something with a nice rubber band. 

Mine didn't want to discount period for some reason, I don't think he took me serious since it was my first time ever coming in there, ended up being a really nice guy though.

I think My next choice is going to be a Planet Ocean, want something with a nice rubber band. 

You have a pretty in-demand watch though and I don't blame them for not discounting it. Did you pay 9k, if so that's a great deal. Those Deepseas are selling over MSRP as far as i know.

Edit: Also check out the IWC Pilot/ Big Pilot!

Last edited:
If you are looking for used go to Macau. It's only a boat ride away. Tons of used watches there from what I remember from my visit a few years ago.

You have a pretty in-demand watch though and I don't blame them for not discounting it. Did you pay 9k, if so that's a great deal. Those Deepseas are selling over MSRP as far as i know.

Edit: Also check out the IWC Pilot/ Big Pilot!
I didn't buy the Deepsea from my AD, I got my Sub from him then traded it and a Coke GMT for it. I see them for $12k-$13k on average.

Now, I pretty much just buy on forums exclusively, or from my friends who are in the trade.
Great choice, assuming you mean BLNR? I have a friend that exclusively buys Patek Philippe in Hong Kong because he gets better deals, there's a huge trade show over there called Hong Kong Gem and Jewellery show happening next month, that he goes to every year. I have been wanting to go, since i'm in the gem/jewelry trade and next month might be my first visit. An added bonus is being keen on watch prices and hopefully I can bring a grail home for less than what i'd pay here. I'm unsure if it's open to the public, though. I'm not sure how the pricing is for Rolex is over there, but i'll ask him today.

For what it's worth, I got my BLNR brand new for $8300 out the door. I bought it from my friend who has a watch store in LA, it was unworn and came with the warranty card dated one month before, from Geary's Beverly Hills, complete w 5 year warranty. For an easy, face-to-face deal with a friend, I couldn't have asked for more.

Yeah, meant the BLNR sorry, NT habits.

Won't be able to go to the trade show, but I'm hesitant on buying from a random shop in a country I'm not too sure of. I wouldn't be able to spot a replica and don't want to be put in that situation. If you know of the pricing in regards to HK and Japan, I'd appreciate it.

In the states, roaming around WUS and Rolexforums, it can be had for around $8,000. Brand new out the door from a AD, it'd pounce on $8300 as well. Also, I've heard if I did but a Rolex second hand that was currently has a warranty still, it is transferable (well only if you contact the Dallas location not the NY one). Is this what ya'll found as well?

Warranty follows the watch not the buyer, so even if it's not your name on the card you'll be fine. I forget when but Rolex recently increased their factory warranty from 2 to 5 years and are saying servicing can be done every 10 years now.

Warranty follows the watch not the buyer, so even if it's not your name on the card you'll be fine. I forget when but Rolex recently increased their factory warranty from 2 to 5 years and are saying servicing can be done every 10 years now.

I've heard both things in regards to Rolexes bought in the states but thanks for the clarification.

Happy with this piece?

Been considering it against the California for a birthday/xmas gift to myself. I still need to try it on in a store first.

I've never seen it with the rubber strap. Only with the tan leather.

Can't tell if you have thick wrists, or if it just isn't as big and gaudy as other Panny's.

I love it and I actually have a pretty small wrist.

Yea. Kind of reminds me of a Root Beer GMT.

I like it in and of itself. I like all of the Black Bays honestly.

Two tone bezel w/ two tone oyster bracelet GMT is a personal grail.

Last edited:
Black Bay Bronze is unique and should develop a nice patina with time. I like what Tudor has been doing recently.

Drove to Orlando today to meet up with DavidSW. Extremely nice guy and runs a tight ship. Highly recommend him if you're shopping for any luxury watch.

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Black Bay Bronze is unique and should develop a nice patina with time. I like what Tudor has been doing recently.

Drove to Orlando today to meet up with DavidSW. Extremely nice guy and runs a tight ship. Highly recommend him if you're shopping for any luxury watch.

Out with the old:

In with the new:
David is the man! Ive done multiple transactions with him, he is top notch when it comes to timepieces, he will also give you good trade value and even trade back. I can only imagine how epic his personal collection is.

Hell of a pick up there, not a big all blue fan but that is stunning. 

Out with the old:
View media item 2141520

In with the new:

View media item 2141522

Bought my Sub from DavidSW. Smooth as can be as far as transactions go.

Cot damn and that white gold sub :wow:

Oh man, I want that Smurf, congrats.

DavidSW and takuya are excellent, I have always considered trading DSW some diamonds cause i have some stock, but I always assumed he'd just rip me off on trade.

What did he give you for the hulk?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom