The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

Yah the SD is a bit thicker but the lugs are slightly narrower so many actually prefer it's shape over the Sub.

I'll be honest and admit that when I had my 114060, I would look at my wrist almost daily to try and check for the date. I never learned
laugh.gif

That Pelagos looks really nice on the rubber strap. The Sea-Dweller is a goddamn brick though
mean.gif

Still trying to decide on the two-tone GMT.
My DS feels so normal on my wrist now 
laugh.gif

I'll never be able to go back to anything smaller though, thats why my next purchase will be a YMII or Planet Ocean.

I've seen a lot of inexpensive Speedmasters on Ebay from Japan. Most seem to have some minor scratches, but they're going for about $1000 less than other used ones I've seen. Any insight why they're so much less?

I've seen a lot of inexpensive Speedmasters on Ebay from Japan. Most seem to have some minor scratches, but they're going for about $1000 less than other used ones I've seen. Any insight why they're so much less?
They are usually older models with some imperfections like you said and I'm sure some are fake as well.

You can find just about as good of deals on Watchuseek and WatchRecon. I'd also check The Rolex Forums as well.

Hi guys,

Hope someone on here can help me

I'm looking for a good quality budget watch (around 150, max 200) with a 38-40mm case that is black and gold (or grey and gold) with a chronograph design.

The models I'm finding are either too large (43mm case from Tayroc) or too expensive (Sort of black chrono from Triwa):

Anyone know of any other brands that carry similar watches under 200 with a small case?

I would look for a used Tissot or Victorinox if thats your budget, no kind of Fossil, MK, Diesel, MVMT or any of those designer brands are worth a ****. 

This is about the nicest watch you can get for under $250, they have other options as well.

http://www.jomashop.com/victorinox-watch-241698.html
Thanks, maybe I'll hold out for a better one then. I threw my money away on a Skagen watch already that turned out to be a piece of trash...
I will keep an eye out for Tissot and Victorinox!

Skagens are good for what it is (justa super thin/clean watches) and since it can be dirt cheap.

Definitely save up though if you really want something better.

Skagens are good for what it is (justa super thin/clean watches) and since it can be dirt cheap.

Definitely save up though if you really want something better.
I have this one, which was about 275 originally:
View media item 2216892The internal mechanism stopped working twice, the watch guy who fixed it basically said that it would break again. Then I dropped it and one of the ceramic links broke. So I really want something sturdier :lol:

I'll be honest and admit that when I had my 114060, I would look at my wrist almost daily to try and check for the date. I never learned :lol:

That Pelagos looks really nice on the rubber strap. The Sea-Dweller is a goddamn brick though :smh:

Still trying to decide on the two-tone GMT.

What's price difference between two tone GMT and two tone yacht master?

Are we talking YM or YM-II? The YM-II is so beyond garish and grotesque, I don't even know where to begin. Wearing that watch is basically one way of telling the world you have absolutely no taste. The model RFX posted is almost tolerable, but rose gold with a rubber strap makes no sense to me. The regular YM is slightly more palatable (in particular the silver sunburst dial model which was released earlier this year), but I am not a fan of polished centre links and I can't see myself buying a YM over a GMT or Sub.

Just my opinion.

I love the YM-II 
laugh.gif

I love the Sub but thats one of the most generic looking designs out there, literally every company copies it. Thats what makes things like the YM-II appealing to me, besides the fact is straight baller. 

Last edited:
I think this will be next purchase...will be a while though

Breitling Superocean Heritage 42 on mesh.

Also on my radar:

Tudor Black Bay

Red Bezel

Omega SMP 300M

Which would y'all pick?

(I figured it didn't hurt to splash a bunch of images...always good for the thread 
happy.gif
)

Back
Top Bottom