The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

The biggest thing is when you buy grey market you do not get a factory warranty card like if you bought from an AD. Everything else is the same.
That's not true, I bought from DavidSW and he provides you with the warranty card with your name on it. All serial numbers match up and everything. That is if the watch you are buying from him is new. If you are buying used from him he still provides the warranty card with whoever purchased it firsts name on it (still transferable)

I've also bought from dsw a couple time and both have my name on the warranty card

Grey market=not an authorized dealer

Ad's have rules they must comply with including moving a certain number of units to keep selling and final sales price range. Grey market sellers "help" with this buying the watches at cost and finding a buyer for a price in the middle as they don't have the same price restrictions.

That's not true, I bought from DavidSW and he provides you with the warranty card with your name on it. All serial numbers match up and everything. That is if the watch you are buying from him is new. If you are buying used from him he still provides the warranty card with whoever purchased it firsts name on it (still transferable)
I don't consider him to be grey market in the same terms as Joma, a lot of his watches were bought from ADs then sold or traded to him like my Sub.

Went to Hing Wa Lee yesterday, the store owned by David Lee, the guy with the huge Ferrari collection. Literally an innocent trip to window shop turned into a nice purchase. After two hours I ended up with a Royal Oak Chronograph 26320st. I've wanted this watch for some time now, the bracelet is probably the best ever created. I put the deposit, signed some papers and am bringing the remaining cash today to take it home. My first AP, and I already want another!

View media item 2251451

Ive never see any APs in person, my local Rolex AD doesn't carry them unfortunately, how does it wear? Heavy?

Went to Hing Wa Lee yesterday, the store owned by David Lee, the guy with the huge Ferrari collection. Literally an innocent trip to window shop turned into a nice purchase. After two hours I ended up with a Royal Oak Chronograph 26320st. I've wanted this watch for some time now, the bracelet is probably the best ever created. I put the deposit, signed some papers and am bringing the remaining cash today to take it home. My first AP, and I already want another!

View media item 2251451

Must feel good accidentally dropping 20k on a watch. #richtalk #powermoves #NTrapperoftheyear

awesome!

grats!

Thanks !!

Ive never see any APs in person, my local Rolex AD doesn't carry them unfortunately, how does it wear? Heavy?

I think you would love them. It is a huge case and has a lot of heft. Wrist shots and also vids of the bracelet will come asap. If you haven't had a chance to see the bracelet in person, you must. In motion, the blend of high polished/brushed metal is pretty amazing.

Must feel good accidentally dropping 20k on a watch. #richtalk #powermoves #NTrapperoftheyear

No no we still struggling out here man. Lol, but yes it was a damn good day.

Thanks !!
I think you would love them. It is a huge case and has a lot of heft. Wrist shots and also vids of the bracelet will come asap. If you haven't had a chance to see the bracelet in person, you must. In motion, the blend of high polished/brushed metal is pretty amazing.

Damn that is gorgeous! That bracelet looks #NTthick as hell, gotta try one on somehow.

Son has a car on his wrist that's balling. If you don't mind me asking, What do you do for a living?

View media item 2251451

Beautiful.

^ ROs wear big but aren't obnoxious. Not to mention, depending on the reference, you can find them with a 39mm, 40mm, or 41mm case.

ROOs on the other hand :smh: :x

Son has a car on his wrist that's balling. If you don't mind me asking, What do you do for a living?

Jewelry manufacturing, essentially make jewelry for stores and designers.

wear rare airs wear rare airs nice pick up.

But that struggle pic ain't gonna cut it. We need to admire that properly.

Please bless the thread with some quality pics of that beauty.

Lmao the other pics i have are even worse. Photos and videos to come asap. Couldn't even think about photos, was so concerned with wether I was ok paying more to buy from an AD vs. Grey market.

Beautiful watch. I wish I had bigger wrists. Got my mom's "small wrist" genes :frown:

I have small wrists myself, was not an issue for me.

^ ROs wear big but aren't obnoxious. Not to mention, depending on the reference, you can find them with a 39mm, 40mm, or 41mm case.

ROOs on the other hand :smh: :x

RO is a chunky watch, but manageable. But agreed ROO is a little tacky for me unless you go full on stunt with the rose gold bracelet.

Has the Bulova Curv been brought up in here? My god the silver with blue dials is wonderful. Sub 1k. I just randomly saw it and I'm buying one asap. There's only one thing I can't understand, it's a precisionist base but the dial for the second hand ticks :/

The sweeping hand does so much for me. It's a shame they either couldn't/decided not to do it on this one
View media item 2252880
My personal preference is a leather band but the grooved rubber gives it a more sporty look that I like and don't find off-putting. I actually think it works very well

Last edited:
Has the Bulova Curv been brought up in here? My god the silver with blue dials is wonderful. Sub 1k. I just randomly saw it and I'm buying one asap. There's only one thing I can't understand, it's a precisionist base but the dial for the second hand ticks :/

The sweeping hand does so much for me. It's a shame they either couldn't/decided not to do it on this one
View media item 2252880
My personal preference is a leather band but the grooved rubber gives it a more sporty look that I like and don't find off-putting. I actually think it works very well

That watch is pretty sweet man

Sold my panerai today :frown:

Left the business world a little while ago and ain't wearing a high end watch in my current line of work. Breitling going next :frown:

Sold my panerai today
frown.gif

Left the business world a little while ago and ain't wearing a high end watch in my current line of work. Breitling going next
frown.gif
We finance cars for less than what I paid for Deepblue 
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom