The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

I'm trying to get from an AD first then grey market, there are a few grey market that gives decent discount like Alan Furman and DavidWS.

My sources has stopped shipping out of state so I am looking for new ones to save on tax. Rolex have been going real hard at the ADs who ships and discounts.

My second recommendation was DavidWS. But if I learn of another Rolex AD with decent discounts I will PM you the info.

Any AD's that give good discounts on Omegas, Tags, Longines? I primarily looking at the Speedmaster Pro 3570.50, Monaco, and Legend Diver. PM if you can, I know AD's are mad strict. I am in NY so out of state is preferred for the sales tax. Thanks.

Y4BBZY Y4BBZY
Thanks fam, price on the Bulova hurt, but I've been eying it since '12 I believe, slowed down on the sneaker cops and went ahead and bought it, nice gift to myself. Tried to switch it up with the invicta but seems all I liked was the MOP face, I'm a blk, gold, white, rose hold guy, silver doesn't do it for me

S/N: it does look like the Aero Bang, probably as close as I'll ever come to a Hublot [emoji]128514[/emoji]

No problem papi, enjoy the watch and post more wrist shots when you can.

Tried in a Corum bridge watch yesterday. It's beautiful but really heavy lol. One day I hope to have one

Damn, just got word that a price increase on Rolexes are coming very soon especially for the ones I am interested in, Sub no date and Explorer I, both that hasn't had a price increase since 2012. Looks like I got to pull the trigger sooner than later. :smh:

That sucks to hear of a price increase. I'm happy I got my black dialed Daytona in April. I'm still on the fence for my next either gmt ii or the new deepsea. Check out rolexforums.com. they have a good for sale section for new and pre-owned rolexes. Many reputable sellers on there.

ADs or grey market? I see a lot of "never worn" and "brand new" for sale items but those were probably from the sale Joma just had, it'll come without the cards and random papers and such.

Good purchase on the Daytona, it's probably the only watch in the Rolex line-up that goes up in price annually?

If any NTers are interested in the Seiko Monster (1st Gen), Seiko SNZH57 (Fifty Five Fathoms), HMT Pilot & White Pilot, and Vostok Amphibia 710 I am selling mine and letting them go for a decent price.

Last edited:
ADs or grey market? I see a lot of "never worn" and "brand new" for sale items but those were probably from the sale Joma just had, it'll come without the cards and random papers and such.

Good purchase on the Daytona, it's probably the only watch in the Rolex line-up that goes up in price annually?
I have heard good and bad stories all over the wis forums of grey markets like Joma and the rolexforums and other forums sales corner, so those are alway caveat emptor 

I don't know where your located but for example I was just down at the Seybold in downtown Miami and almost every store had brand new in the box with papers and card Rolex's for sale at grey market or lower price

For example I was offered 20% off the retail price of the 116334 SS w/18kt white gold bezel from several stores 

So if your in a city with a jewelry/diamond district, you can always check that out as an option

Last edited:
Gold Rolexes tends to get bigger discount than the SS versions and I am looking at an SS watch. It doesn't help that I am looking for the most popular and Rolex' best sellers.

Joma isn't perfect but they do have great deals especially if resell isn't your main end goal. Like 3-4 weeks ago, they had a sale on ebay were the SS Sub 114060 were going for $6k with papers and Jomas warranty, most used 114060 I am seeing easily goes for $6500. I also all of a sudden saw plenty selling "new" ones for $7k which if you got it from the Joma deal then it is an instant $1k profit and with the price increase looming, those that doesn't sell will look even better. It's just like any other things you read online, the negatives are always magnified especially when the buyers are picky. I understand though but that is why grey market isn't the best place to buy, they are cheaper but has risks. If there were no risks, then no one would buy from an AD.

But are you sure those stores you visited are all ADs? I mean I am in LA and if I search for for store located in the near 25-50 miles range, only about 4 stores come up as an AD. There are certainly no places around here where I can go and within walking distance have more than one Rolex AD, the next one closest AD is at least 10 miles away.

^yeah your absolutely right, most definitely

Yeah the stores I visited in the Seybold are not "authorized dealers" they are more like the local Joma's (grey market dealers), but you are getting an authentic product, and really what I guess I was trying to imply was that most people are very apprehensive when making large purchases, as they should be, but being able to see what your going to purchase in person takes away some of that feeling, because your able to visably inspect it before handing over your money. 

So even though they are "local grey market dealers" you would probably feel a little better purchasing in person from a grey market rather than online and then there are those who will not purchase from grey market at all and only deal directly with AD or boutiques, which is also totally understandable and acceptable

I am actually in the market for a new piece myself and was thinking about a Breitling and I am struggling myself with the question of purchasing with an AD or Joma or a local grey market dealers

Oh ok, I got you. I didn't get what you were trying to say about checking out the item in person before purchase.

Personally, purchasing from Joma or AuthenticWatches comes down to how much discount they have on it and whether the movement will be a problem with their warranty. Like if I am considering an Omega with an in-house movement, I'd probably be very apprehensive as their service center might not be an expert on that particular movement. If the movement is a simple eta, I'd have no problem with it. Price definitely plays a factor too, discount has to be big enough to consider them and if the purchase is too big (maybe $5k+) I'd definitely think twice, thrice about it. I like Joma because they won't charge me tax being in California and they ship free, AuthenticWatches would charge me tax but I can drive to their facility and check out the watch in person. I can also avoid paying tax with AuthenticWatches if I meet up and pay cash, feels real shady though. :lol:

If it's a Breitling, look for an AD out of state to save on tax and negotiate with them. Rolex is the only one I know at the moment that completely restricts selling out of state but any other brands are fair game from what I know.

^yeah for sure RFX, most definitely right about checking out some out of state AD, great advice for everyone in this thread, that advice was also given to me on WIS forums, the only thing you have to watch out for, no pun intended, is that it is a trusted AD thats not going to send you a beat up display model or old new stock or something of the like unless it is clearly stated during negoations, nonetheless thanks for the great advice and good luck to you on your hunt

wear your pieces often and in good health

@RFX45 yes it was a good purchase. I got a good percentage off and no sales tax. This is from an AD in NJ. I purchased my wife's engagement ring and wedding bands from them hence the percentage off on the Daytona. I was suppose to wait about 3-6 months for the next Daytona to come in since it was ordered but i got it in 3 weeks since the person ahead of me backed out once it came in.

Last edited:
2zh4d4o.gif

2nl5mp0.jpg

2qa77df.jpg

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45 hol up, hol up, hol up...did you just cop both or you don't know which one to pick?

I like that explorer. Looks classy and sporty at the same damn time (future voice)

Just bought this watch. Not really into watches, but I like this Gucci one a lot. Don't like the usual steel strap, but the nylon strap... simple and not too fancy :smokin

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-g...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_A

Contemplating on returning it since I found the same one on Jomashop for $675. However, I guess JS is not "authorized" to sell these watches, which is why the prices are so cheap. Doesn't have manufacturer's warranty, etc. I'm leaning towards on keeping the one I bought from Nordstrom to assure authenticity.

Last edited:
rfx45 rfx45 hol up, hol up, hol up...did you just cop both or you don't know which one to pick?

I like that explorer. Looks classy and sporty at the same damn time (future voice)

Got both.

Nice pick up RFX.

I like the sub more. That glidelock oyster bracelet is the best out.

Yah, the glidelock is great, really wish it was on the Explorer too.

Just bought this watch. Not really into watches, but I like this Gucci one a lot. Don't like the usual steel strap, but the nylon strap... simple and not too fancy :smokin

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/gucci-g...m_sp=personalizedsort-_-searchresults-_-1_7_A

Contemplating on returning it since I found the same one on Jomashop for $675. However, I guess JS is not "authorized" to sell these watches, which is why the prices are so cheap. Doesn't have manufacturer's warranty, etc. I'm leaning towards on keeping the one I bought from Nordstrom to assure authenticity.

Return and get it from Joma. It's a quartz watch, when it needs replacing you'd probably pay $10-$20 at any watch place tops, even one of those stalls in the mall could likely do it in less than 5 minutes. Joma offers a 2-year warranty of their own which should be fine for a watch like that with a quartz movement, the movement isn't complicated at all.

Look for a Joma coupon too to save 10% or 15%, there's usually one floating around.

A friend of mine is selling his Breitling Super avenger for $2700, I am very tempted to cop, anything I should look for or know, will be my first time spending anything over $500 on a watch.

Back
Top Bottom