The Timepiece Thread vol: READ THE 1st POST!!!

^^

I'm with you on having an affinity for the "Hulk" sub. Green is one of my favorite colors.

That deal sea is a beauty... saw a two tone GMT Master last night :smokin

Which 2 tone?

I've been telling myself that my next Rolex purchase will be a 2 tone Root Beer GMT. That's the only watch with gold I can see myself wearing.

I'm just not a yellow/rose gold guy. White gold I can go though. The white gold/blue Sub is gorgeous to me.

Also a beauty....

Similar layout to the Root Beer. I just can't do full gold.

And I'd need an Oyster bracelet on mine as well. Not feeling the Jubilee on them at all.

yall mess with akribos watches? i see them all the time on jackthreads

Do not buy those watches. They look nice but quality control and quality is surpassed by Seiko, Citizen, Orient very easily.

EDIT - they have Invicta pricing, please avoid these watches at all costs.

Last edited:
Also a beauty....

Similar layout to the Root Beer. I just can't do full gold.

And I'd need an Oyster bracelet on mine as well. Not feeling the Jubilee on them at all.

The pic SneakerPimp posted has an oyster bracelet or are you saying the root beer GMT comes with a jubilee bracelet?

That Batman GMT--MII is actually the first time Rolex managed to make a 2-tone out of the ceramic bezel, it's supposedly so complicated that Rolex has a patent on it. From what I understand it's still very complicated but I imagine we'll see more 2-colored bezel in the future like maybe a new coke or pepsi dial?

Blue bezel/dial with white gold are nice and speaking of blue dials, Rolex does blue dials really well. The OP and and Air King with blue dials look great in person. It's hard to explain but it just pops while still being subtle, those of you guys who have seen it in person knows what I mean.

Congrats, RFX.

I've been ready to pull the trigger on a new watch for awhile now. I've had my reliable Citizen and the cheap but awesome Timex Weekender, but I've got the extra cash to treat myself.

I know the Hamilton is the "better" watch and I like the style a lot, but I've just loved the look of that Tsovet since I first saw it.

I'll probably go with the Hamilton in the end, but I'm still back and forth a bit.

View media item 1156143
Orient has this onsale for $112 with coupon LABORDAY2014

Let's give this a try to get some activity in this thread, W-W-W (wrist watch weekend).

Post what you're wearing this long weekend!

254wvop.jpg

@RFX45  which watches are you looking for? I have two AD's that ship. But normally they would want you to come in for the first purchase just to make sure you don't work for Rolex and such. Normal discount is 10% high discount is usually 15-20% on SS and gold is 20%+ but popular watches, they don't give you jack like the SS daytona and SS BLNR which sell like hot cakes.

that rolex is so nice

i want one just like it. total swag jack when i get one i dont care

This watch thing is feeling really addictive or maybe it's my personality..
It is very addictive and I'm sure personality plays into also

I have 8 pieces and just added number 9 today, I stop by a local AD and ordered a new Breitling, should be here Tuesday or Wednesday I'll post up pics as soon as it comes in

This watch thing is feeling really addictive or maybe it's my personality..

lol

you like nice things thats all

i just came in here because i think i want a breitling superocean to get my feet wet

what you guys think of those? poor mans rolex?

Back
Top Bottom