The titanic vol. lost

Didn’t go back too many pages so didn’t see all the controversy. I’ll admit I was making jokes (off NT) but I was talking to my girl and was like damn people kinda have a lack of empathy for the rich. And when it was confirmed they were dead I was like damn that’s kinda sad. People still died regardless of wealth.

But you gotta use the NT logic and hate the wealthy because they don’t help everyone and yada yada yada woe is me

I'm not disturbed by the lack of empathy. I am annoyed by all the people grandstanding now like "PeOpLe DiEd".

And? They took a risk, died doing something they presumably loved, and lived a better life than 99.9% of the earth. So it goes. The CEO seems to be a real POS anyway.

I do feel bad for the son though. If it's true what they say about him not wanting to be onboard and only trying to appease his father; THAT is a tragic loss of life.
Adding to this, this tragedy was the result of circumvented safety regulations and the stupid arrogance of Stockton Rush.

This was preventable so I really don’t feel bad calling this what it is: a Darwin Award.

I'm not disturbed by the lack of empathy. I am annoyed by all the people grandstanding now like "PeOpLe DiEd".

And? They took a risk, died doing something they presumably loved, and lived a better life than 99.9% of the earth. So it goes. The CEO seems to be a real POS anyway.

I do feel bad for the son though. If it's true what they say about him not wanting to be onboard and only trying to appease his father; THAT is a tragic loss of life.
I saw a pretty disgusting comment section last night basically saying f*** him too because he would have inherited the fortune and become a “POS billionaire just like the rest of them” anyway

Wild and hatred fueled thought process tbh

I saw a pretty disgusting comment section last night basically saying f*** him too because he would have inherited the fortune and become a “POS billionaire just like the rest of them” anyway

Wild and hatred fueled thought process tbh

Sad, man. Sad.

All these other billionaires and some Youtubers coming out the woodwork going “man I was spose to go on that sub too, thank god I didnt”. Man shut the hell up. :lol:

I can see Ben Baller doing this.

Probably tell us he was working on making a chain for the son.
IMG_7913.jpeg

It is amazing though how the death of 5 has overshadowed the death of 100s from another disaster at sea, as well a $6 billion mistake made by the US. It can be argued though the lore of the Titanic is the reason, more so the fact than the victims were rich. I honestly think this could’ve been a few millionaire’s or just some average people looking to explore and it still would’ve been a top story. And yes, some sympathy and jokes still would have ensued. 🤷🏾‍♂️

People allow the media to tell them who to grieve for and who not to grieve for.

How many people have died over the last month due to a lack of access to adequate health care?

How many have been killed in places like Chicago because of gun violence?

How many died in simple car accidents?

Bur these stories aren’t sexy or sufficiently dramatic or don’t involve people of means, so the media doesn’t cover them…so we don’t pay attention.

But five people die exploring a shipwreck and everyone’s obsessed with it.

…it’s a joke.

People allow the media to tell them who to grieve for and who not to grieve for.

How many people have died over the last month due to a lack of access to adequate health care?

Bur these stories aren’t sexy or sufficiently dramatic or don’t involve people of means, so the media doesn’t cover them…so we don’t pay attention.

…it’s a joke.
Could it be because we don’t see people dying while attempting to see the titanic in a “indestructible” submarine that ended up not being indestructible, all while holding out hope that a search and rescue mission could bring them back alive and we could hear the story recounted on what happened and what they went through?

Is that happening every day? Or nah?

Last edited:

…it’s a joke.

Car accidents happen all the time, gun violence happens all the time, etc.

If a plane crashed, it would be huge news cause well it doesnt happen very often.

The kids stuck in a cave, huge news. Understandable why this would be the in the same boat, the Titanic lore + the “suspense” of a crazy rescue. Then you add the pure wylin nature of it due to controls being a Logitech controller, the cost cutting stuff, etc.

There’s no denying that this is an interesting story.

I don’t believe their status has anything to do with the story other than they had the means to do something like this. This story isn’t newsworthy solely for them being rich

That said, they’re not above being called stupid or whatever else comes their way.

Could it be because we don’t see people dying while attempting to see the titanic in a “indestructible” submarine that ended up not being indestructible, all while holding out hope that a search and rescue mission could bring them back alive and we could hear the story recounted on what happened and what they went through?

Is that happening every day? Or nah?
People dying because they’re poor and can’t afford to have surgery or live in a bad neighborhood and get shot in the crossfire should matter more in the big picture.

The fact that it does everyday is exactly what should create national outrage.

Only in a broken society that craves sensationalism would five people thrill seeking at the bottom of the ocean be considered the bigger story.

People dying because they’re poor and can’t afford to have surgery or live in a bad neighborhood and get shot in the crossfire should matter more in the big picture.

Only in a broken society that craves sensationalism would five people thrill seeking at the bottom of the ocean be considered the bigger story.
Yeah unfortunately your cry for those that need it doesn’t really matter when it comes to natural human curiosity and our irresistible interest in uncommon occurrences, especially one where the possibility of a heroic outcome for 5 lives is in play.

I’m not disagreeing with you; it’s sad. The things that happen every day. Hell, people get beheaded in countries all the time, children shot in parks while playing with their friends, pregnant mothers hit in DUI accidents. The issue is that those just are not as “interesting” because they sadly happen too often and don’t have much of a possibility for a big heroic ending. We say “damn that’s sad” and move on.

I already explained why, and the only thing you are correct in here is what should matter more in the big picture.
Howerever, if you cant see why this story would interest a ton of people and garner international news then you are the one missing the point.

Yeah unfortunately your cry for those that need it doesn’t really matter when it comes to natural human curiosity and our irresistible interest in uncommon occurrences, especially one where the possibility of a heroic outcome for 5 lives is in play.

I’m not disagreeing with you; it’s sad. The things that happen every day. Hell, people get beheaded in countries all the time, children shot in parks while playing with their friends, pregnant mothers hit in DUI accidents. The issue is that those just are not as “interesting” because they sadly happen too often and don’t have much of a possibility for a big heroic ending. We say “damn that’s sad” and move on.

We are all (unfortunately) de-sensitized to all that. In some areas, someone getting shot is just another day in the neighborhood.

Look at all these mass shootings, they dont get nearly the coverage that they used to, why? Cause it happens way too often.

Personally IDC whether there's empathy or not, but i do find it funny that people will laugh & celebrate every misfortune the rich have & simultaneously wonder why the rich don't have empathy for the poor :lol:
you got this backwards. its because lack of empathy from the rich, that anytime one of these non helping exploiters gets got, we kinda see humor in it. bootlickers and the holier-than-thou might not be able to make that connection :nerd:

you got this backwards. its because lack of empathy from the rich, that anytime one of these non helping exploiters gets got, we kinda see humor in it. bootlickers and the holier-than-thou might not be able to make that connection :nerd:
Is it about money per se or a trip to the sea floor. If a poor person was gifted a trip and went I'd have the same reaction. There's nothing at the bottom of the ocean I need to see up close, and have a hard time understanding anyone who does, outside of maybe scientists.

Last edited:

From the very mouth of Stockton Rush, the commercial submarine industry had not had any accident in the last 25 years because of the very regulations he chose to ignore...

Is it about money per se or a trip to the sea floor. If a poor was gifted a trip and went I'd have the same reaction. There's nothing at the bottom of the ocean I need to see up close, and have a hard time understanding anyone who does, outside of maybe scientists.

I think the bolded is the most important part. You or I may not want to see the bottom of the ocean up close but clearly many people do such as these 5 victims, passengers on the other voyages and and those that have come forward and said they declined previous trips for a variety of reasons. There is interest and a market. The same argument could be made about space tourism.

I guess my view is different that most because I have been mostly speaking on this as a transportation tragedy. Rich, poor, domestic, international, it doesn't matter. I look at them as victims in this situation. As an unbiased observer, I can not place too much blame, if any, on the passengers. They deserved to take a voyage in a vessel that was truly viable of completing the mission and they were not afforded that with their $250K tickets. Unfortunately the person responsible for their deaths killed himself along the way |l

From the very mouth of Stockton Rush, the commercial submarine industry had not had any accident in the last 25 years because of the very regulations he chose to ignore...

Regulations undoubtedly do have an affect on the speed of innovation in capitalistic society but particularly in transportation, those regulations are what make the products safe. There is tons that could be done and is being explored but in order to produce on a mass level or make it commercially available, there is a ton of research and testing done then evaluated against regulations.
\
To his point, yes - the research, testing and regulatory process take time but they are LITERALLY there for protection. You just have to innovate within those bounds and if you can't that isn't the industry's problem, it's a problem with your product/idea.

Whatever makes you feel better homie :lol:

I never said that the rich didn't lack empathy.... but it's easy to see how that happens because they genuinely don't have/disregard the issues of normal people.

However this is a two way thing & normal people tend to disregard every issue rich people have just because they have money. Someone lacking empathy shouldn't change your ability to have empathy for them or their situations :lol:

But again the internet is full of people with selective morals, manners/respect are only needed when it's lacking from a group they associate with, the second they could do the same to an other they'll jump at the chance.

So again laugh all you want i've been dying at the meme's for days.... but the same way you think it's funny because you don't empathize with them..... don't act appalled when these super rich dudes shorthand the public & cause more pain because they don't empathize with the poor.

I think the bolded is the most important part. You or I may not want to see the bottom of the ocean up close but clearly many people do such as these 5 victims, passengers on the other voyages and and those that have come forward and said they declined previous trips for a variety of reasons. There is interest and a market. The same argument could be made about space tourism.

I guess my view is different that most because I have been mostly speaking on this as a transportation tragedy. Rich, poor, domestic, international, it doesn't matter. I look at them as victims in this situation. As an unbiased observer, I can not place too much blame, if any, on the passengers. They deserved to take a voyage in a vessel that was truly viable of completing the mission and they were not afforded that with their $250K tickets. Unfortunately the person responsible for their deaths killed himself along the way |l
There's not many people who want to see the bottom of the ocean and that's why there's a lot of jokes. Not many can afford the trip so anyone who's struggled financially in life will have a hard time understanding the desire to spend 250k on a 3 hour tour. You can look at it as a "transportation" tragedy but most are going to look at it differently. I'm not blaming the victims, my first post was condolences to the families, but I won't act like I understand anything about their decisions.

Whatever makes you feel better homie :lol:

I never said that the rich didn't lack empathy.... but it's easy to see how that happens because they genuinely don't have/disregard the issues of normal people.

However this is a two way thing & normal people tend to disregard every issue rich people have just because they have money. Someone lacking empathy shouldn't change your ability to have empathy for them or their situations :lol:

But again the internet is full of people with selective morals, manners/respect are only needed when it's lacking from a group they associate with, the second they could do the same to an other they'll jump at the chance.

So again laugh all you want i've been dying at the meme's for days.... but the same way you think it's funny because you don't empathize with them..... don't act appalled when these super rich dudes shorthand the public & cause more pain because they don't empathize with the poor.
you wrote all that to say the least. i dont act appalled at anything the rich do. robin williams, rich, im saddened at the loss. children shot at school im saddened.

this **** right here? save for the young chap. Nah. but whatever keeps you on the high horse

Back
Top Bottom