The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

arsen.gif

Oh how I miss the normal footy season...

View media item 1024739

What are the chances Casillas starts next game? Honestly, dude is a quality goalkeeper, but his antics these past couple years have been very diva-esque. Complained about being benched, then gets the starting nod but then gets nitpicky about wanting to play in all the CL and major matches, then embarrassingly underperforms in matches like today.

Tiki-Taka is on life-support, it's so close to being dead. First Barca now this :lol:

Poor Kimchi Papi Kimchi Papi and @abovelegit1 (whatever rock he's been hiding under).

Hey, I still got USA & Korea [kanye_shrug]

What are the chances Casillas starts next game? Honestly, dude is a quality goalkeeper, but his antics these past couple years have been very diva-esque. Complained about being benched, then gets the starting nod but then gets nitpicky about wanting to play in all the CL and major matches, then embarrassingly underperforms in matches like today.

As someone who watches La Liga over the Prem, Iker has played very well this past campaign for RM. This is the first bad game I can remember of his. After finally seeing goals 3 & 4 which I missed, that one where Iker was careless with the ball was terrible but the rest of the goals I'd fault the defense more than Iker.

I think del Bosque has faith in Iker & I'll be very surprised if he gets pulled after this first game.

I hate to say it because being a Barca fan not with standing & the fact I think he's arguably the finest Spanish footballer, but Xavi looked very slow of foot today. I'd almost say he looked lost amid the speed of the Dutch.

I would say start him.

If you put in De Gea, say goodnight to Casillas' little confidence that he still has.

Sometimes, you need to play a player through their rough patch. This isn't like a season where you can play Pantillimon until Hart comes back to the party. Only a few weeks, and a handful of games in the big scheme of things.

If he has another shocker...drop him, cause like I say there's a shortage of time....

The Spanish defense though... It's like they disregarded every bit of defensive fundamentals out the window & just ran onto the pitch without a care in the world...

:lol: @ people saying tika taka being dead...

Last edited:
This match was bitter sweet, I loved that Holland got their revenge from four years ago. However, I am saddened by the fact that a lot of players out there for Spain are on Barcelona and are reminiscent of what has been going on for the club. I already have a dislike for Pique, he should have never received an extension. It saddened me seeing Xavi just look lost, Don Andres seemed like he got bullied around. Jordi was irrelevant after awhile. Pedro was not able to get anything going. Defense was terrible and Holland made sure it exposed that completely for the whole world to see.

Thank you Holland for a great performance. I told a few friends today Chile and Holland would come out of this group. I also out in a $100 second half play on Holland scoring more than 1 goal which won me $700, I thought about the over 2 goals for Holland which would have been $2000. Anyhow, Chile bringing it to the Aussies right now!!!

And Pepe & Bruno Alves far superior to Pique & Ramos no question. I'd even venture to say Patricio might be a better keeper than any Spanish keeper IMO

Do Australians make the same bullshhhitt excuses like US fans that their best athletes choose to play other sports like rugby etc?

They would be better off with mark schwarzer in goal than this noob

Do Australians make the same bullshhhitt excuses like US fans that their best athletes choose to play other sports like rugby etc?

They would be better off with mark schwarzer in goal than this noob

No, Australia simply doesn't care. In cricket and rugby (sports the nation actually cares about) they put in WORK....and in Australia Football League I'm sure they're king :lol:

Back
Top Bottom