The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

What's wrong with French people? Parisians can be frustrating to deal with sometimes cause they refuse to speak with you in English even if they know it. Other than that, I haven't had one bad experience with French people that I've gotten to know. Americans hate just to hate sometimes :smh: "I hate Canada" "I hate France" etc. Like what have they ever done to hurt you? :lol:
:lol: maybe I've just been unlucky then, had a few bad encounters with some French folks when I was in Europe is all.

And I meant it more in a generalization :lol: kinda like when I say similar things about Mexico. It's just once I saw Ribery celebrating with that smug look on his face it hit a nerve I guess. Sorry if I offended any of you Frenchmen.

No problem with the French here. France and Zidane are the reason I got into football when I was a little one (During the 90's when Portugal wasn't making any tournaments). My whole dad's side of the family moved to France 30 years ago, I have too much family over there to say anything bad about France. Every time I've been to France I've had a great time. But yea, they will not speak English, they refuse. :lol:

American's just hate the French because France disagree's with America on so many political issues and is never scared to express it. If it wasn't for the French, America would be Canada and our bills would have the Queen on them. French are severely unappreciated in this country. Oh, and thanks for the Statue of Liberty.

Speaking about Zlatan, I wonder why he never chose to play for Bosnia or Croatia since thats his background. If he was on the Croatia side his entire career :x

You guys remember this? :smoking

Dude I just saw this, yes I remember this. Great commercial. Let me emphasize how Quaresma was second Portuguese star player in the video. He was suppose to be the next Figo, he was in line. Ronaldo is in the video for such a brief moment because no one thought he was going to be this good. It was all Quaresma then. :lol:

Speaking of which, I think he may be coming back to Porto. He left his team in Qatar. I wouldn't mind.

Last edited:
It goes to show how Barca used to be like the current RM in terms of Portuguese representation. Figo, Deco, Quaresma, Baia etc. That's basically how my dad and I became Barca fans. Too bad Figo left for Madrid, Baia was always injured until he went back to Porto, and Deco and Quaresma fell the @#$% off. They could've become legends if they had kept their heads on straight.

Last edited:
Deco sort of is a legend tho. He had a very good spell at Barca. He went during his prime in his mid-late 20's so thats why he didn't have a long career. Quaresma went to Barca at like 19 years old, he was suppose to be the guy to take Figo's place after Simao didn't live up to the hype.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Deco and Quaresma were transfered for one another, right after Porto won the champions league and Deco was on top of the world. But Quaresma was the one with all the potential, Deco already proved himself.

After Figo left, Simao underachieved, and then the headache Quaresma created, I think Barca just gave up on Portuguese dudes. :lol:

Last edited:
Deco sort of is a legend tho. He had a very good spell at Barca. He went during his prime in his mid-late 20's so thats why he didn't have a long career. Quaresma went to Barca at like 19 years old, he was suppose to be the guy to take Figo's place after Simao didn't live up to the hype.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Deco and Quaresma were transfered for one another, right after Porto won the champions league and Deco was on top of the world. But Quaresma was the one with all the potential, Deco already proved himself.

Better way to put it is that Deco could've been MORE. Just like Ronaldinho. Those drinking problems (didn't he get arrested for drunk driving multiple times) and eventual lack of focus ruined what could've been a longer career and status as one of the greatest midfielders in recent times

Last edited:
Better way to put it is that Deco could've been MORE. Just like Ronaldinho. Those drinking problems (didn't he get arrested for drunk driving multiple times) and eventual lack of focus ruined what could've been a longer career and status as one of the greatest midfielders in recent times
I don't know man, Deco was who he was and he did well, I don't know what more you wanted from the dude lol. It wasn't like he was going to stay at Barca forever, with iniesta and Xavi there. I never knew him to be a locker room problem and to be unfocused, maybe he was tho. I just can't recall that. Maybe he did go out to early, maybe he could have put up a couple more years but I think he had a wonderful career nonetheless.

Villas-Boas should have brought in Moutinho when he had the chance. Snijder, miss watching that dude play. No idea why United never pulled that trigger.

King Cristiano. Viva Ronaldo. What a splendid performance. Pure class post match comments. Not competing individually against Ibra or Lio. Only focus was qualifying and the team. Forca Portugal.

But yet i overhead the guy on ESPNFC say Cristiano isnt a team player like the other world greats. It blows my mind how guys who dont know **** keep saying that. I've been following CR7 closely since i was 13 and I always say his good looks is the reason people say stuff like that

He's corrected the diving issue since United.

Showing a concerted effort to put team first. With words and actions.

I think detractors don't like his confidence and of course it's easy to hate someone who looks as perfect as he does.

The Ballon D'Or award has become such a joke these past couple of years.

The year CR7 was La Liga's scoring leader he didn't get it, we let that slide. A season later he led Madrid to a league title and Champions League semis, add the fact he put the Portuguese team on his back and carried them to the semis vs. Spain and only lost to PKs, still didn't get it. Not to mention he's been outperforming that "good boy" in Classicos as of late, but whatever. I already see the "good boy" fanboys making excuses, saying only reason Ronaldo might win is because la pulga's been injured, yeah okay.

Win or lose the Ballon D'Or this time around, he has already showed the world who really is the best in the world right now.

Hate him for the insane amount of gel he uses, hate him for his 300-like physique, hate him for the braggadocios way he carries himself, or maybe because no one else can do the special things he does.

He's truly in a league of his own.

Keep that award Sepp, Ronnie says we're going for La Decima.

/emotional heartfelt speech

P.S. we miss you Özil, come back.

All this Ronaldo and Ibra, France, and Ballon D'Or talk is overshadowing the fact that England lost twice at home in a week, being severly outplayed in both matches not even scoring a goal. World Cup draw for next year will have like 3-4 groups of death. Would not be surprised if they don't move forward.

The Ballon D'Or award has become such a joke these past couple of years.
Also mentioning the team of the year being half Madrid, half Barca with both teams not making it far in the UCL one year.

Also, despite the results, I'm actually sad that Zlatan won't be there. But alas, no more. Damn the existence of countries

Here's to a deep dark prayer that the UK becomes one nation in time for Bale to be in a WC lol

You have to take these footy pundits with a grain of salt. Almost every single one of the bend like with the wind meaning they'll say one thing & then say the reverse the following week. Ronnie has single handedly revitalized Benzema's career this season. Most if not all of Benzema's goals for RM have come from a Ronnie assist.

Even Isco had this to say about Ronnie -

Isco also revealed that he is benefiting enormously from just training alongside Cristiano Ronaldo and under Blancos assistant coach Zinedine Zidane.

"Cristiano is the best player in the world and he helps you in every session," he enthused.

http://www.goal.com/en-my/news/3895/spain/2013/11/21/4421473/isco-happy-at-real-madrid

Being long time Barca fan, I'd like to see Messi win an unprecedented 5th Ballon d'Or so I can post the pic of La Pulga with his 5 trophies whenever replying to Jada but Ronnie deserves it this year. I'm just glad that I've lived to see such great footballers over the years through today...

Damn, the vid SinnerP posted was in fact French weather girl Doria Tillier. That was the "naked" weather report... I feel hosed... :rolleyes

Doria Tillier Keeps Her Word, Presents Weather Naked (Sort Of) After France Win

A man's word is his bond, and it turns out a French female weather presenter's word is also her bond.

Having set herself up for a chilly evening's work after promising to present her next weather forecast naked if France qualified for the World Cup on Tuesday evening, a subsequent 3-0 win (3-2 on aggregate) for Les Bleus sent Doria Tillier into something of a panic—and the Internet into overload.

Yes, the prospect of seeing Paul Pogba and Karim Benzema strut their stuff in Brazil next summer was enticing. But it was still not quite as enticing as the prospect of Tillier strutting her stuff on Wednesday evening.

With half of France sitting down to watch the show, Canal+ decided to delay Tillier's segment later than usual—almost as if they sensed that the anticipation was doing wonderful things for their ratings.

But in the end, the time came for Tillier's big moment, and she did indeed present Thursday's weather forecast naked...albeit from an unusually long distance away from the cameras.

Ultimately, as she ran through a field in nothing but a pair of boots, the only cold fronts visible were on the map of France put up on screen alongside her.

Still, we guess technically she was as good as her word...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...esents-weather-naked-sort-of-after-france-win

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom