The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Article by my man Franky Ice :smokin . What a great job this guy has, covering the Knicks and Soccer. What a life, envy the dude

I was reading the Daily News' Futbol Monday and they were quoting another article in which Bale said that he prefers playing in La Liga opposed to the PL. He mentioned passing and movement compared to long balls. I'll see if I can find, hopefully the original one as well.

I think it was the Manchester Evening news or whatever it is called, that was linking Bielsa to United.
I don't see De Boer leaving Ajax yet but at the same time I can understand that he would want a new challenge. I also do see him as a possible Wenger replacement

Bale has said that in a number of interviews both in print & video. The best thing that he could've done was come to La Liga or more specifically RM instead of languishing at Tottenham or even at United under Moyes. Could you imagine how miserable he'd be? He loves being pushed by the excellence around him most specifically Ronnie. He couldn't have had a better role model than playing under Ronnie (in addition to the other players) & then also have Zidane.

What's the deal with J. Dos Santos? I know he's done alright but I don't recall him making any appearances for Barca this season. He'll most likely be off in the summer?

I hope Zubi & Co have really sat down & mapped out what Barca currently has (loaned out, in the youth squads, on Barca B, & loaned out). He needs to bring back Rafa but if he does, Sergi Roberto most likely needs to be sold or sent off on loan to a good team. Jonathan Dos Santos just doesn't fit into the team's plans now or in the long term. They need to sell him.

They need to sell Pique (which most likely won't happen), Masch, Tello (maybe loan him out), Song, & Dani. Depending on what happens with Deulofeu & this chatter about getting another striker. If that happens either Pedro or Alexis need to be sold. If someone put a gun to my head & forced me to choose, most likely it would have to be Pedro as the one to go despite having a stellar campaign. Alexis is just too god a dribbler & creator to send off.

Barca doesn't need a massive overhaul. The back line needs attention first & foremost. The secondary issue is what figuring out if Barca needs to play a new formation & then identify if we have the midfield to make it happen.

The last issue is bringing the Neymar transfer controversy to a close. It's gottta be weighing heavy on his mind & it seems like it's affecting his play...

I've only read a few interviews with Bale, mostly from earlier in the season. The improvement in his game really shows how the move is paying off. But you're right, he is surrounded by great people, specifically the ones you mentioned.

For as much talent as Barca have, they also have a lot of dead weight. That term is somewhat harsh, it's not to say that those players are bad but Barca can do better. I'm a fan of Tello, I think it would be better for him if he parted ways, especially when you have a player like Deulofeu. Players like Cuenca, Keirrison and Krkic are still on the books. Afellay as well but his situation is different, unfortunate as well. I remember hearing that his wages are rather high. It will be an interesting summer for Barca. Halilovic is a very nice addition to the B squad.

The Barca u19 squad beat Arsenal 4-2 in the UEFA youth league. Goals from Elhaddadi, Traore(2) and Kaptoum - Gnabry and Akpom. I hear Akpom is a different type of animal since his short loan spells. I'm hoping the two of them get loaned out next season.

I'm a fan of Tello, I think it would be better for him if he parted ways, especially when you have a player like Deulofeu. Players like Cuenca, Keirrison and Krkic are still on the books. Afellay as well but his situation is different, unfortunate as well. I remember hearing that his wages are rather high. It will be an interesting summer for Barca. Halilovic is a very nice addition to the B squad.

The Barca u19 squad beat Arsenal 4-2 in the UEFA youth league. Goals from Elhaddadi, Traore(2) and Kaptoum - Gnabry and Akpom. I hear Akpom is a different type of animal since his short loan spells. I'm hoping the two of them get loaned out next season.
I agree.

Oh god, if Bale had went to Man U he'd average 24 crosses a game. Lol

Watching Real this year is something special tho, Bale has impressed me. He's getting better everyday. I questioned his dribbling before he went to Real but he's improving. He's linking up with Ronaldo extremely well. Funnest team to watch in all of Europe.

:lol: It's always interesting to see who United fans want to have as their next manager. Seeing the names, it's hard to see knowing what style they use and knowing what United is known for, being a crossing club with a good ol' 4-4-2

Article by my man Franky Ice :smokin . What a great job this guy has, covering the Knicks and Soccer. What a life, envy the dude

He def has a good life. I wouldn't mind walking in his shoes for a day

I don't know if I posted this before, but it's a good short vid of Cruyff explaining his diamond formation

You've already mentioned most of the players loaned out mastamind89 mastamind89 , all of them should be jettisoned at this point except Rafa & Deulofeu IMO. Barca also has a whole host of talent coming down the pike.

There are a bunch of diamonds in the rough on Barca B & then you have the likes of Wilfred Kaptoum (MF), Munir el Haddadi (FW), & Rodrigo Tarin (CB).

You also have a trio of players from the '98 generation that I'm really high on Ayoub Abou (Central MF), Carles Alena (MF), & Lee Seung Woo. Barca really has to sit down & figure out the trajectory for these guys.

I really like Abou. He could be a really gifted player...

3dc362c3b28cfab50b811ce052369c5f.gif

yeah i think it's Cuadrado...
man,i hope Falcao fully recovers...that Colombian forward line can do some damage in the WC...
i think Coupe spoke highly of Quintero but i've never seen him play...

Last edited:
Colombian officials still have hope falcao plays in the world cup but that just wont happen

Yup its Cuadrado..some guy on the BB forums rates him very highly. personally ive never seen him play

I dunno, i think its City's to win...

Only way my Gunners win the league is WINS @ Stamford Bridge, Home against Man City, and @ Goodison. This is too tall of a task given our recent form and rash of injuries. I'll be happy with a top3 finish and the FA Cup.

#I'mARealist

Agreed with everything... I think City will take it unless they bottle those games in hand..

I've only really been following soccer since maybe Feb of 2013 so this is my first taste of Arsenals dip in form .. man if we manage NOT to win the FA cup :x

Can only imagine how its been the past 8 years :lol:

Last edited:
I wouldnt mind seeing Liverpool take it, would rather them than City/United. Chelsea would be meh to me

Would be great to see Stevie G finally get his PL medal :pimp:

yeah i think it's Cuadrado...
man,i hope Falcao fully recovers...that Colombian forward line can do some damage in the WC...
i think Coupe spoke highly of Quintero but i've never seen him play...

Quintero is dope, I think he's our best young talent but he hasn't started games all season. Fonseca didn't play him, personally I think thats one of the reasons why he got fired; along with the fact he sucked. He's an attacking midfielder tho, you can't get the ball away from him and he has a lethal power left kick. He's young tho, has plenty of time. He'll be one of our most important players soon.

Speaking of Porto, here's Quaresma vs Sporting Sunday. Varela shanked the volley after a beautiful move by RQ7 :smh: and we lost (again).

What's the deal with J. Dos Santos? I know he's done alright but I don't recall him making any appearances for Barca this season. He'll most likely be off in the summer?

He tore a ligament in his knee about 5 months ago when he was actually given PT. doctors said he was gonna be out 7/8 months. Still recovering.

So Chelsea ended the Barca dynasty :pimp:

The announcement had followed a 3-2 aggregate defeat to Chelsea in the Champions League semifinals, when the Blues came back from 2-0 down in the second leg at the Camp Nou to claim a 2-2 draw despite being down to 10 men after John Terry’s dismissal.

Guardiola said that match, which had hinged on a Ramires goal on 45 minutes and a Lionel Messi penalty miss after the break, had convinced him he could no longer continue at the club with which he had made his name.

“That was a moment of great sadness -- as if suddenly someone had switched the floodlights off,” he told the Audi Annual Report in one of his rare interviews. “We were better than our opponents but in the second leg conceded an unnecessary goal and the next thing we knew we were out of the competition.

“That was a very hard defeat for me. I had the feeling that I was no longer able to reach my team, and if you can no longer reach your players then it is time to move on.”

ManUtd Stuff ‏@ManUtdStuff 5m
United are in advanced talks with Everton regarding the £15million transfer of Seamus Coleman. [mirror]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Can't even blame him anymore, it's all he knows.

I was certain that sentence would end in "Ross Barkley"

But goddam Seamus Coleman?! I don't believe it.

I was certain that sentence would end in "Ross Barkley"

But goddam Seamus Coleman?! I don't believe it.

Barkley isn't the kind of player United need right now.

CM, and DF's are what's needed.

Coleman makes sense, but really, it's just stupid. Everton won't want to sell their best players especially after the run Martinez is having.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd Mar 18
Moyes confirms Shinji Kagawa will "definitely be involved at some point tomorrow." The boss adds: "He's an important player for us." #mufc

:nerd:

Back
Top Bottom