The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Expecting a typical derby between these two great teams.

RM 3-1 Cristiano with a brace :pimp:

He needs to step up to the plate, cause if Bale is around and steps up, it's not going to be a good look
He really does, I didn't know he has been hearing boos around the Camp Nou (according to beIN Sp broadcast). I think Ramos does a bang-up job keeping him contained though. No bias of course...

Last edited:
I think this whole controversy with Neymar's transfer has weighed heavily on he & his family. He & his long time girlfriend broke up a bit ago.

Playing for Barca is different too. Finding where your game fits in the midst of Messi has to be difficult.

I was glad to see him let loose playing with Brazil for the friendly a short bit ago.

Sad Puyol won't be playing... Truly an end to an era & the start of a new one...

Last edited:
I think this whole controversy with Neymar's transfer has weighed heavily on he & his family. He & his long time girlfriend broke up a bit ago.

Playing for Barca is different too. Finding where your game fits in the midst of Messi has to be difficult.

I was glad to see him let loose playing with Brazil for the friendly a short bit ago.

Sad Puyol won't be playing... Truly an end to an era & the start of a new one...
Well said about Neymar. I too am sad to see Puyol's career winding down. I have fond memories of him playing big matches for the Spain national team. True legend.

Is Neymar starting?

Sorry but I can't let myself feel bad for Neymar because of that "transfer saga". Dude and his father got so paid because of it, no way. :lol:

Is Neymar starting?

Sorry but I can't let myself feel bad for Neymar because of that "transfer saga". Dude and his father got so paid because of it, no way.
laugh.gif
Yup, starting.

Not saying I feel bad about it at all, haha. Don't feel bad in the slightest. Just makes sense that all that controversy and drama is weighing heavy on him. He is only human.

Barca - Alves, Pique, Masch, Alba, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Cesc, Messi, & Neymar.

RM - Carvajal, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo, Modric, Xabi, Di Maria, Ronnie, Benz, & Bale.

I can't imagine the scrutiny of the Spanish/Madrid press bearing down on you every day as well as all of Europe & at home in Brazil... That has to be really unnerving...

The Madrid press even chased a media savy guy like Jose outta town...

Last edited:
Barca playing a 4-4-2? Weird.

I would have started Alexis and pedro on the wings, stayed with the 4-4-3. Guess Tata is a bit shook of losing midfield possession.

Man this match is so important. Madrid gets all 3 points and they pretty much seal the league (barring an epic loss to the rest of the league).

Barca take all 3 or even a point and they're still alive.

couple more minutes...

Finished watching the Valencia-Villareal game.

Game changed when Aquino entered the game. Gio scored, wasn't enough. Valencia won 2-1

Barca playing a 4-4-2? Weird.

I would have started Alexis and pedro on the wings, stayed with the 4-4-3. Guess Tata is a bit shook of losing midfield possession.
Looks like 4-3-3 for Barça. I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Seems like Ramos let Neymar do that. Similar to when u hooping and u let your rival shoot because u know he won't do much lol

Back
Top Bottom