The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Real Madrid buying Bale was the dumbest move yet. Overrated and not worth the pricetag. He'll be lucky to see two seasons before he wants a transfer out 

Willian talking about Tottenham :smh:
he is kinda right though.....But if Bale would have stayed....Bale and Soldado and Paulinho and Willian and Lennon...would have been a nice attack.

Willian talking about Tottenham :smh:
he is kinda right though.....But if Bale would have stayed....Bale and Soldado and Paulinho and Willian and Lennon...would have been a nice attack.

I think once Spurs begin to gel, we're going to see a very interesting attack from them.

Looks like Liga MX Monterrey's rash decision to fire Vuce (Victor Manuel Vucetich) a while ago maybe El Tri's savior.

I know I was one of dudes who said he was going to make his season predictions when the transfer window closed, so i'm going to put some of my predictions down for the record now that I have some time.

Serie A

1) Juventus
2) Napoli
3) Fiorentina
4) Milan

Notes - Juventus has a monster year, winning the league by 10 plus points.

Bundesliga

1) Bayern
2) Borussia Dortmund
3) Shalke

Notes - Bayern and Dortmund are closer in the standings than last year but still win the league.

Ligue 1

1) PSG
2) Monaco
3) Marseille

Notes - Monaco does much better than anticipated coming in second place, keeps it close with PSG. Cavani and Ibra don't mesh well together but still win the league. Lucas comes along.

Portuguese Liga:

1) F.C. Porto
2) Benfica
3) Sporting

Notes: Porto runs away with the league by more than 10 points. Quintero has a breakthrough season, Jackson Martinez scores another 30 goals. Benfica implodes and fire's there manager, Sporting finally crack back into the top 3, with Braga close behind in 4th

La Liga

1) FC Barcelona
2) Real Madrid
3) Atletico Madrid
4) Atletico Bilboa

Notes: Barca and Real are within a couple points of each other, less than 7 points. Neymar scores 14-17 goals, Bale scores 10-13 goals, David Villa will score 20 plus goals. Ronaldo will score less than 30 goals for the first time in years, he'll get frustrated and miss Ozil. Messi scores 40 goals.

Premeire League:

1) Chelsea
2) Man City
3) Man United
4) Spurs
5) Arsenal

Notes: Top three teams are within 10 or less points of each other, going to be very close. Eto'o has a great year for Chelsea, Jose matures these young kids. Spurs make the CL. Ozil has no one to pass to score goals. Negredo has a great year for Man City. Dzeko is transferred in January.

Champions League:

Won't make the knockout predictions until January, just the ones who get thru the group stages.

Man United
Bayer Lev

Real Madrid
Juventus

PSG
Benfica

Bayern Munich
Man City

Chelsea
Shlake

Dortmund
Napoli (No Arsenal)

FC Porto
Atletico Madrid

Barca
Milan

Whew, now that that's done with.

Last edited:
Random thought... When Suarez comes back from suspension, the Red will most likely have an attack featuring Victor Moses, Daniel Sturridge, & Phillippe Coutinho with the "Incisor" up front. If Moses does his part, that's a pretty good attack huh?

Edit - CoupeIt88, you're being too kind. Unless Ancelotti effs things up (which is very plausible), RM should win La Liga. They have too strong a roster not too. I'd love Tata to come through like a hero/master tactician, but we just don't have the back line (CB of course) to be able to win the trophies Barca is accustomed to.

Last edited:
Ancelotti is going to mess things up. If Mourinho was coach I'd say Real would win. Barca's back is weak, but not weak enough to not win the league. It's going to be close tho. They should have neve got rid of Ozil, if they had him, I'd say Real. Plus they don't even have a backup striker. Barca's defensive issues will show more in the champions league, against better teams. But not in La Liga. That's my opinion.

I'm also worried about La Pulga's injury problems as of late. Started late last season & seems to be carrying into this campaign. Not sure he'll last the whole season at this rate. A little mad the Argentine FA didn't rest Messi given their side already qualified. Makes no sense to play them unless they need the $$$ badly.

This guy said Özil has nobody to pass to for goals.

Giroud > any Spuds striker.

Very easy to spot who just got into footie.

If Bale was still at Spurs it would be debatable, but he isn't.

Soldado will have to adapt to EPL

Giroud has a season under his belt and is in form.

This guy said Özil has nobody to pass to for goals.

Giroud > any Spuds striker.

Very easy to spot who just got into footie.

Goldado...

2008-09 App: 34 Goals: 13
2009-10 App: 32 Goals: 20
2010-11 App: 44 Goals: 25
2011-12 App: 51 Goals: 27
2012-13 App: 46 Goals: 30

Giroud...

2008-09 App: 27 Goals: 14
2009-10 App: 42 Goals: 24
2010-11 App: 43 Goals: 14
2011-12 App: 43 Goals: 25
2012-13 App: 47 Goals: 17

Here they come, the bitter Arsenal fans ready to throw down and defend the glorious 4th place spot they so deeply covet.

Giroud is not better than Soldado either. Get out of here. You're talking about being new to footy? Have you seen Soldado play? :lol:

Very easy to spot the type overzealous fanboys who can't speak about football objectively and are blinded by the colors they represent.

Last edited:
Your point?

Where was he at the Emirates?

You'd be foolish to write off a player because of one match. Or even a few matches.

Goldado just got to Spurs, and is under a new manager, new system with new surroundings. The most important thing is that he found his feet early. Even if it was penalties.

Have you already forgotten Girouds start to last season? (In case you did forget, here's a friendly reminder: He made his debut on 18 August 2012 as a substitute against Sunderland. He scored his first goal for Arsenal on 26 September, in a 6–1 win against Coventry City in the League Cup.[90] His first Premier League goal came on 6 October, with the equalizer in a 3–1 win against West Ham, in which he also assisted a Theo Walcott goal.) Weeks went by with people asking when will Giroud turn on. In fact, I was one of the people who always said, he's a quality striker, he just needed time. I suggest you do the same with your rival striker.

You'd be foolish to write off a player because of one match. Or even a few matches.

Goldado just got to Spurs, and is under a new manager, new system with new surroundings. The most important thing is that he found his feet early. Even if it was penalties.

Have you already forgotten Girouds start to last season? (In case you did forget, here's a friendly reminder: He made his debut on 18 August 2012 as a substitute against Sunderland. He scored his first goal for Arsenal on 26 September, in a 6–1 win against Coventry City in the League Cup.[90] His first Premier League goal came on 6 October, with the equalizer in a 3–1 win against West Ham, in which he also assisted a Theo Walcott goal.) Weeks went by with people asking when will Giroud turn on. In fact, I was one of the people who always said, he's a quality striker, he just needed time. I suggest you do the same with your rival striker.

Don't even argue man, his assessments and counter arguments are elementary. "Where was he at the Emirates?" :lol: That's playground blabber.

For the most part tho, in this forum, we all support our teams but it's pretty objective. Much better than the other sports threads. But there are some in here who still can't see past there colors. It is what it is.

Last edited:
Looks like Liga MX Monterrey's rash decision to fire Vuce (Victor Manuel Vucetich) a while ago maybe El Tri's savior.
They just hired a yes man.....I'm super disappointed. Now theres a high probability that I'ts going to more of the same. Hes one of those coaches that likes playing older guys because of "heirarchy", so again more torrado, maza, an salcido. All the old *** players hes signed or at one point had on his teams are all lobbying for him right now to succeed, they know theres a chance they get called for their "character" bypassing their form SMH. At this point all we can do is wish him luck and hope he succeeds. If anything one of the positives about him is he knows how to adjust and win finals, because those last two games we have left are definitely finals.  I'm just happy that he wasn't guaranteed the next cycle in his contract, they're gonna see how it works out in these next two games.

Fassi the vice president from Pachuca group was on the phone with ESPN and he said that a month ago when BEFORE they had reconfirmed chepo as the coach and given him another shot he had reached out to Marcelo Bielsa and he was willing to take the squad and he brought that to the owners meeting shortly after and instead the ownerds decided to stick with Chepo. SMH Marcelo Bielsa on board, attractive football, a guy with character like chepo, and we definitely have the money to pay him (earnings second to brazil), but we kept the guy failing? That had to be one of the worst decisions ever.

Justino Compean and Innaritu should have been shown the door with chepo.

They just hired a yes man.....I'm super disappointed. Now theres a high probability that I'ts going to more of the same. Hes one of those coaches that likes playing older guys because of "heirarchy", so again more torrado, maza, an salcido. All the old *** players hes signed or at one point had on his teams are all lobbying for him right now to succeed, they know theres a chance they get called for their "character" bypassing their form SMH. At this point all we can do is wish him luck and hope he succeeds. If anything one of the positives about him is he knows how to adjust and win finals, because those last two games we have left are definitely finals.  I'm just happy that he wasn't guaranteed the next cycle in his contract, they're gonna see how it works out in these next two games.

Fassi the vice president from Pachuca group was on the phone with ESPN and he said that a month ago when BEFORE they had reconfirmed chepo as the coach and given him another shot he had reached out to Marcelo Bielsa and he was willing to take the squad and he brought that to the owners meeting shortly after and instead the ownerds decided to stick with Chepo. SMH Marcelo Bielsa on board, attractive football, a guy with character like chepo, and we definitely have the money to pay him (earnings second to brazil), but we kept the guy failing? That had to be one of the worst decisions ever.

Justino Compean and Innaritu should have been shown the door with chepo.

Loco (Bielsa) would've been a great hire IMO but I thought that was jus a rumor? Oh well, I guess the Mexican FA made their decision. Prior to the start of this campaign, Vucetich did very well at Monterrey. He had a nice 4 year run. Oh well, I guess we'll see.

Every year people write Arsenal off and say they won't make the CL and every year they end up in Top 4 and ahead of Spurs. I love it.

Back
Top Bottom