The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

Kloop will miss the Dortmund's next CL match for his now famous outburst. 1 match ban handed down by UEFA.

Juve sniffing around Man U again, this time for attacking mid Adnan Januzaj whose contract is up after the season. He's refused signing another contract so far. Another Pogba situation?

Early into his Man U career, Moyes looks to be very stubborn. He didn't want to play Ross Barkley at Everton who seems to be flourishing under Martinez...

What do Red fans think?

Adnan must be kept at all cost

Last edited:
Benteke out 4-6 weeks. Bad for Villa, but could be worse when you consider how it looked.

Glad it wasn't worse for Benteke.

:smh: @ Spanish press now giving Tata a hard time for subbing out Messi during today's 4 - 1 win over Real Sociedad. I mean really? Given his recent problems with his hammys, should this even be questioned? :smh:

I've been wrong as of late (Jose going back to Chelsea, Bale going to Los Blancos - thought he would go to Man U), but I'll be shocked if Iniesta goes anywhere. I'm fairly confident an extension will be worked out (unless Rosell & Zubi screw this up).

We keep hearing money isn't an object from club directors back when Barca was shopping for centre backs, yet they ask the likes of Luiz & Silva to take less money to come to Camp Nou. :smh: Hell to the no they shouldn't take less money.

Glad it wasn't worse for Benteke.

:smh: @ Spanish press now giving Tata a hard time for subbing out Messi during today's 4 - 1 win over Real Sociedad. I mean really? Given his recent problems with his hammys, should this even be questioned? :smh:

I've been wrong as of late (Jose going back to Chelsea, Bale going to Los Blancos - thought he would go to Man U), but I'll be shocked if Iniesta goes anywhere. I'm fairly confident an extension will be worked out (unless Rosell & Zubi screw this up).

We keep hearing money isn't an object from club directors back when Barca was shopping for centre backs, yet they ask the likes of Luiz & Silva to take less money to come to Camp Nou. :smh: Hell to the no they shouldn't take less money.

can't see iniesta leaving unless he really wants to play in a more advanced role again.

edit: nvm, reading that it has to do with Neymar taking up so much of the teams wages and the vets not being able to earn as much because of how much he's getting. also seems to be a feeling of hows this new kid getting paid all that when he hasn't paid any dues compared to the likes of Xavi and Iniesta. I can definitely see him moving to City if Barca don't pay him more. He'd get paid, and they'd get a nice fee for him to bring in a midfielder that fits Tata's style better.

Last edited:
I just cant see iniesta or xavi leaving.. gotta be trying to just improve that contract and i dont blame him

Fans at Craven Cottage will be happy...

jacko.jpg

Bayern will be a monster....

Robert Lewandowski has finally ended Manchester United’s hope of luring him to Old Trafford by confirming he’ll be joining Bayern Munich next season.

The striker, who is in the final year of his Borussia Dortmund contract, will be free to discuss terms with interested parties in January, and the Pole, who was a target for Bayern in the summer, has admitted he’ll be moving to the Bundesliga champions on a free transfer at the end of the season.

When asked if he would confirm his move to Pep Guardiola’s men in January by Sport1, he responded: ‘Yes, because then I can officially sign the contract.’

Lewandowski has scored 80 goals in 149 appearances for Dortmund, who refused to sell the striker to their rivals in the summer just gone, having already relinquished Mario Goetze.

United were also keen on the 25-year-old, who launched himself onto the European scene with four goals against Real Madrid in Dortmund’s march to the Champions League final, but were always second favourites to land the marksman behind Bayern.

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/25/rober...ope-by-confirming-bayern-munich-move-4108410/

Again, more evidence, that he has NO CLUE what he's doing out there...

David Moyes: Manchester United needed two more big-name transfers

The Scott has endured a difficult start to his United career, and Moyes has lamented a frustrating transfer window where he failed to land the marquee signing fans were crying out for.

Marouane Fellaini was Moyes’ only signing of the summer, but the midfielder was signed late on deadline day for £4million more than he would’ve cost before a release clause in his contract expired one month earlier.

‘I don’t think it’s actually the squad, I think we’ve got numbers. I think maybe we’ve got work to do to bring in players not for the squad but to go right into the team,’ Moyes said.

‘It’s not necessarily the squad players we needed, we needed one or two who might have gone in [to the team]. That will happen.

‘But going back to that transfer window, we always said it was going to be a tough one and it was going to take a little bit more time.’

‘I’ve taken the punches and I’m happy to do that. Not for a minute did I think this Manchester United job was going to be an easy job.

‘There will be days like we had on Sunday and there might be more of them because we are in a period where there will be transition, there’s a new manager for the players and, in turn, there will be new players.’

http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/25/david...d-needed-two-more-big-name-transfers-4107806/

How on earth do you sit and tell the media that you need players to go straight into the team, when you have someone like Kagawa on the bench, Nani on the bench. But you insist on playing Young, Anderson, Cleverley, and even Welbeck.
Fellaini was brought it, but in the last league match, he looked LOST. He had no composure, no creativity, he was no real threat.
I'm still wondering how much rope the Glazers are willing to give Moyes, because if he doesn't deliver guaranteed CL footy at the end of the season, United will have a hard time dealing with sponsorship commitment.

CoupeIt88: Arsenal one pleaaaase and thank you :nerd: :smokin

Already posted one I think a week or two ago, go back and check the images of this forum. It should be there, looks great.

So Lewandowski is going to play this whole season at Dortmund with this dark cloud over his head? Why would he tell the media that? Seriously man, thats disrespectful to the fans.

Last edited:
CoupeIt88: Arsenal one pleaaaase and thank you :nerd: :smokin

Already posted one I think a week or two ago, go back and check the images of this forum. It should be there, looks great.

So Lewandowski is going to play this whole season at Dortmund with this dark cloud over his head? Why would he tell the media that? Seriously man, thats disrespectful to the fans.

Everyone and their grandmother knew he was leaving.

I will say, that he's been a professional about this whole thing. Dude continues to push for opportunities and scores goals. There's been no sulking, or issues of lack of training etc.

What I can only hope for, for tonight...

And since I was just messing around...any other people think this formation could actually work?
wouldn't our defense get torn up in that 4-3-3 formation? would a 4-2-3-1 work? carrick and fellani at cdm, rooney, inssert whoever on wings, kagawa at am, and rvp up front by himself

Yeah...that formation might work against a much weaker side (or in FIFA), but would be in trouble against most EPL squads.

What I can only hope for, for tonight...

And since I was just messing around...any other people think this formation could actually work?

View media item 591010

Yes, that exactly what Man United should be playing. Moyes doesn't have the balls to make such an extreme change tho, that formation would change everything. Long balls and crosses would have to decrease. Possession and short passes would increase

No way his Scottish *** would do it. It'd be too much of a gamble.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom