The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

I just don't understand these African teams. These players do good at the club level every week but when they're together on the international stage they flop

yaya toure hasn't done ish

Last edited:
African nations generally don't have the money to hire good coaches.

Ivory Coast, the most talented of the African squads, has a 42 yr old manager who had never been a manager anywhere else before he got the job. Usually national team coaches are older coaches who have coached on the club level gaining experience for many years. African teams don't have the financial ability to hire quality, experienced managers.

African nations generally don't have the money to hire good coaches.

Ivory Coast, the most talented of the African squads, has a 42 yr old manager who had never been a manager anywhere else before he got the job. Usually national team coaches are older coaches who have coached on the club level gaining experience for many years. African teams don't have the financial ability to hire quality, experienced managers.

Welcome to most countries' world

I knew he injured his knee, but I didn't realize Suarez had surgery, 4 weeks ago no less...

Does Hodgson play Rooney centrally & Raheem out wide today?

Last edited:
I knew he injured his knee, but I didn't realize Suarez had surgery, 4 weeks ago no less...

Does Hodgson play Rooney centrally & Raheem out wide today?
I Just saw ESPNs lineups and Rooney is out on the left again...makes no sense but oh well. Do you Hodgy.

I Just saw ESPNs lineups and Rooney is out on the left again...makes no sense but oh well. Do you Hodgy.

Rooney has to play. He set up the lone England goal last week and is a fan favorite.

I agree though he shouldnt be playing out wide...he should be center. He will not be as impactful playing wide. if he fails on the wing they can sub him.

Hope Uruguay wins though so i dont care what they do.

Last edited:
Speaking of Aurier in FIFA, I used him as a CB with Villarreal and he's irreplaceable for me there

Yeah Rooney has to play and I think hes better centrally too. Sterling definitely needs to be wide, I feel he can go at defenders better and spread the field with his pace.

Im rooting for Englad for the sake of my bracket :lol: but I'd love to see Suarez get a few goals.

Last edited:
My son is getting technical training for a 60 year old Scot, he looking forward to Uruguay beating the 3 Lions... He said he never wants to see England win... :lol:

During scrimmaging today, he named one side William Wallace & the Scots & the other the lowly English dogs... :lol:

laugh.gif
 What have you done?! 

Cloudy, 57 degrees with a chance of rain...if England doesn't win in those conditions... :lol:

Think Uruguay will rampage through that England midfield, tho.

Back
Top Bottom