The Ultimate Football Thread 2013-2014 Vol. 4 EPL, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A etc

If anyone wants an insight into the mind of a footballer, go on Santi Cazorla's twitter favourites and scroll all the way to the bottom. You'll know which tweet this is about.

Talk of Alexis.....talk of Vidal (for Nani plus cash)...

It's already been stated by numerous ITK (questionable but hey, they've updated everyone on the Shaw and Herrara situation...) that United are in for another central mid. So I doubt Alexis is coming....

I feel it.

I remember reading some rumours with a possible move of Alexis to ManU, but nothing after.

Now I'm reading a money + Alexis possible offer from Barça for Suarez.

For some reason Suarez just doesn't seem the Barça type of player to me.

I like to think Barça has more class than Suarez does.

I see Suarez at RM more than at Barça

*shurgs*

I'm with you on that. I never saw Suarez truly fitting in at Barce. I always thought he'd fit in better at Madrid. Let's see where these rumors take us...

Any tips for premier league tickets?

Do you know where you want to go? If you are a foreign supporter of the club, you should pay the dues and become a member. For instance, Chelsea has a True Blue membership that is open for international fans, and you get some perks, ie Chelsea TV, but you are also signing up to get priority access to tickets. Since you're a foreign fan, you probably won't have many "loyalty points" as they call them, which are accrued the more tickets you buy, but you will still get a chance at tickets before they go to general sale. If you're looking to see a match at a club with a large fanbase or a big match, it is unlikely that the ticket will go to general sale, so being a member is handy in these cases.

Another route is to buy hospitality tickets, which are expensive. Depending on who you ask, it may or may not be worth it to you, but you'll also get some other access and likely a tour of the grounds, so that's another option.

There is also an aftermarket like they have here, but depending on the grounds you want to go to, they may or may not actually allow it. There are sites like viagogo that you can search for your tickets. As usual though, buyer beware because there are no assurances made about the authenticity of the tickets.

Also, if you are a supporter of a club and want to see them play, search out to see if you have a local supporters club. You may have to pay dues to the football club and also small dues to your local supporters club and a lot of times they have a trip at least once a year. My local supporters club does, and I have gone a a few years, and it is quite a good time. Because of their relationship with the club, they have an allotment of tickets that are priced reasonably and is a good experience as there should also be more senior members that also assist in giving you the best experience pre and post match.

On a personal note, I booked a trip to London and Paris earlier this year with my GF after the season ended and before the schedule came out a few weeks ago, so I was eagerly awaiting to see who Chelsea would play while I was over there, and somewhat fortuitously, it is Liverpool away. One of the things I've always wanted to do was to visit Anfield, so the possibility of seeing Chelsea play there is like double the excitement. My only fear is that it will be a tough ticket, and not sure if I will be able to get into the allotted away seats. Not to mention, this will probably be a hot ticket, as it will be the first home match that Suarez will be available for if the ban stands. Wish me luck guys.

Gotta feel for Southampton.

Losing their manager and essentially their top 4 players, not including J-Rodriguez through injury.

Ann Coulter in all her glory:
Who the hell is this woman?! 
mean.gif

In other 
mean.gif

'I lost my balance,' Suarez tells FIFA

Last edited:
Here we go!

Have a feeling Chile could pull an upset unless Neymar can carry the team. Selecao needs someone else to step up too....

Back
Top Bottom