The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

BREAKING: Di Matteo... OUT! 
i had to check out Chelsea's official site for confirmation...
Roman is bad for football... :smh:

This is turning into a ridiculous fiasco. No real manager would want to be there. Under such stress. People are quick to forget how long it took great managers to find success with their club.

262 - Roberto Di Matteo lasted 262 days as Chelsea manager, longer than Villas-Boas (256), Grant (247) & Scolari (223).

:smh:

Feel bad for Di Matteo, deserved better after everything he done for the club as a manager and a player,

Please be Avram Grant as the next manager, That will make my year!

The most important thing here is that the new manager keeps the hot Physio they have :smokin

Seriously speaking though

Since RDM

-Won the Champions League
-Won the FA Cup
-Currently in 3rd place in the league with a real good shot at going for the title

and he's fired in November? I mean granted, it's a 99% chance that Chelsea will not be in the CL Round 16, but that's football, you have to pray for that 1%. Who knows, a major upset and a win could have kept them in it.

What manager would seriously want to come in with an owner so overpowering, constantly trying to influence the team and decisions? You're constantly living one step away from the axe.

Lastly, rumours of Rafa being contacted for the job, are false.

Yeah, I think proper football fan (Chelsea or not) will feel for Di Matteo... how he's being treated, that just ain't right... he only won the Champions League, FA Cup and are, what, 3rd in the league? Sure, getting virtually eliminated from this year's Champs might be "unacceptable", but the season is not completely lost.  A team needs stability. 

"He's done it again.. That boy Torres he's done it again.. Ancelotti, AVB and now Robbie.. He's taken them all down.. one by one.. oh that boy Torres he's done it again.. clap clap"

Final game of RDM: Torres benched. Final game of AVB: Torres benched. Title decider against MU for Ancelotti: Torres benched. All sacked.

Although claims are that Rafa hasn't been contacted yet, I'm sure he'll get the call up, Falcao either in Jan/May, then Roman will throw a small countries GDP at Pep and hope he comes...

I am shocked that he has been fired. After last year, I thought he would at least get a full season as manager. Chelsea are 3rd in the Premier league and honestly still very much in the Champions League (although looking bleak). I dont see what how he could have done better given the circumstances. The very definition of a hostile work environment and I dont blame any manager for not rushing to take the job.

Is Roman's love affair with Torres that deep? How many chances does that fool need? First it was getting adapted to the new team. Then it was getting him service, then competition with Drogba. Drogba's gone, but confidence issues are still there somehow? Lets help his confidence and not bring in a replacement for Drogba. After all this he is still not ******g producing. As far as I'm concerned, any accomplishments he earned at Liverpool/Spain are ancient history. He is done. He will never be the player he once was, let alone a decent one. Get this bum off the team sheet and out of Stamford Bridge.

:rofl: @ Chelsea. What a bunch of bums. No loyalty whatsoever. Can't help to think that if it was the same scenario in City, Mancini would've been fired three or four times over by now.

Well, that didn't take long. Harsh on RDM, but not unexpected from Roman.

Hope RDM bounces back and lands a decent job somewhere.

Well, that didn't take long. Harsh on RDM, but not unexpected from Roman.

Hope RDM bounces back and lands a decent job somewhere.

Smh thats absolutely ridiculous that Di Matteo got fired IMO, dude came in halfway through and WON the champions league last season that should have bought him at least a year of goodwill :lol: I hope Chelsea fall flat on their faces and finish in 7th place.

Unless... there's a deal for Pep in-place already and this was just a perfect excuse to give RDM the boot??? 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
This news has me feeling quite a few different emotions, as yes I was happy that Robbie managed us to a CL victory but also never being fully quite behind him as a manager. I didn't like what he brought tactically (or lack there of, TBH), but unless Roman has Pep in place right now (another manager I DNW) this move really makes very little sense. If he brings in a guy like Benitez to be the short-term stop gap I'm going to be pissed.

I didn't think RDM ever was the right man for the job, but he didn't get a fair shake with this sacking.

Man U losing as well :pimp:

We've already qualified...

as GROUP WINNERS i might add...
[COLOR=#red]quik1987[/COLOR],where have you been? :rofl:

on a side note,Chelsea may well be the first defending champion to get ousted from the group stages...now that would be one hell of a statistic :pimp: :lol:

Haven't been able to keep up with champions league these days. Work life...

Any day Man U takes an L is a good day though

Last edited:
would love to see all the prem league teams eliminated from the cl, it'll happen eventually, but it'd be nice if the trash were taken out before the final 16

Did anyone just see Danny keep that **** out of the goal?

If they didn't end up scoring, that would have been his head.

:smh:

Back
Top Bottom