The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

It would be an upgrade, yes.

I am simply saying why the hell would they buy him, they spent 50 million quid on Torres, Roman ain't about that losing money life.

I am simply saying why the hell would they buy him, they spent 50 million quid on Torres, Roman ain't about that losing money life.
Spending £69m on dismissing managers since 2004 says otherwise. They desperately need another striker because Torres isn't cutting it despite the goals he has scored so far. Sturridge can't play upfront on his own which makes their decision to loan out Lukaku even more bizarre.

You're talking 69 million quid over EIGHT (8 ) managers...I'm talking about losing 50 million quid over ONE (1) player.

Last edited:

lmao he has spent a billion at chelsea.. i believe he is about that life... with the lack of patience he has shown with managers, you have to think torres is on borrowed time.. watch torres leave and find his form.. side thought.. they should work out a deal with athletico and send torres back

You're talking 69 million quid over EIGHT (8 ) managers...I'm talking about losing 50 million quid over ONE (1) player.

My question has been, how does Benetiz (Roman) plan on changing the play to suit Torres? It's been shown and proven that Oscar, Mata, and Hazard like quick 1-2 passes around defenders which doesn't suit Torres. What will they do? Change the way they play?

I think they kind of have to abandon Torres, sooner than later.

Indeed 50m quid is a lot to take a hit, but this isn't exactly United with debt looming over their heads, or Malaga with financial and tax constraints.

That shows how unstable and impatient he is with managers. What other team has spent that much money on managers? None. You think Chelsea will continue with Torres despite his lack of productivity? Nope, they are in the market for another striker and will sign Falcao if possible. Hell, they were even trying to bring back Drogba on loan but that deal is now off.

My question has been, how does Benetiz (Roman) plan on changing the play to suit Torres? It's been shown and proven that Oscar, Mata, and Hazard like quick 1-2 passes around defenders which doesn't suit Torres. What will they do? Change the way they play?
Indeed 50m quid is a lot to take a hit, but this isn't exactly United with debt looming over their heads, or Malaga with financial and tax constraints.
im so tired of hearing what suits torres.. before he complained about the slower older midfielders and the need to bring in better ones.. the club does just that, and now they still don't suit him.. they play the same type of short game that spain does and torres had no problems with that before. He has lost it.. he should go..

FWIW on Football Weekly earlier this week Sid Lowe said he'd be surprised if Falcao moves in January. These same stories always seem to pop up every winter and they never fully materialize unless the player is in poor form mentally or physically or if the selling club has already given up on the campaign and/or financially desperate.

That said, if Chelsea are on a poor run heading into January I wouldn't be surprised if Abramovich completely lost his mind and made the Godfather offer.

im so tired of hearing what suits torres.. before he complained about the slower older midfielders and the need to bring in better ones.. the club does just that, and now they still don't suit him.. they play the same type of short game that spain does and torres had no problems with that before. He has lost it.. he should go..

I agree 100%, that's why I believe they need to abandon Torres. There's always been talk about about his style, but realistically, EVEN if it boiled down to him not having a midfield like Liverpools, what are you doing to do? Change the the way CFC's midfield plays to mimic 2007 Liverpool? Or really change the way a whole team plays for one striker?

I think Roman should just bite the bullet, drop Sturridge (only cause he's wasteful and WAAAAAYYY too selfish) and Torres, and bring in Falcao with another supporting striker.

Chelsea brought in Romelu Lukaku to replace Drogba, its time he was given the chance to do so. Bring him back from loan and let the dude play

i think Falcao's gonna leave this January...
he's not cup-tied since he hasn't featured in any of the Europa League games for Atletico this season...

exactly my point.. why not play falcao in europe if you dont plan to sell.. its obvious they are planning on cashing in, so they are not gonna cup tie him.. last thing chelsea want is a striker they cant use in europe

Last edited:
Well one thing for sure is that Roman is keen on playing Torres. I mean that's the clear message he gave to RDM according to that article. With their current system they could still play with another striker out wide. Not sure if that suits Lukaku or not

Chelsea brought in Romelu Lukaku to replace Drogba, its time he was given the chance to do so. Bring him back from loan and let the dude play

People seem to forget that Lukaku is just 19. He's still a project and he needs at least the rest of this season and probably next season on loan as well before he'll be good enough to be Chelsea's top striker.

As far as i'm concerned, the Fernando Torres experiment is over and failed. But clearly Abramovich feels differently because he's essentially fired 3 managers now because none of them could get the most out of Torres. It's as if the whole club revolves around Fernando Torres and it's sickening.

People seem to forget that Lukaku is just 19. He's still a project and he needs at least the rest of this season and probably next season on loan as well before he'll be good enough to be Chelsea's top striker.

As far as i'm concerned, the Fernando Torres experiment is over and failed. But clearly Abramovich feels differently because he's essentially fired 3 managers now because none of them could get the most out of Torres. It's as if the whole club revolves around Fernando Torres and it's sickening.

It's very unfortunate for these young players that are trying to break into the starting XI at Chelsea. I can't imagine the inconsistency of managers not hurting their growth.

Tried to get the team built around Torres and as you said the experiment is over and failed. Even if he scored as many goals as RVP, he wouldn't sell for more than half of what he was bought for. As a business man I'm sure Abramovich knows that. As pointed in earlier post, he's aware of the risk and lost. I became a Torres fan from back in the day and when he started going down hill, I said that he would find his way again and what not as many fans did. But eventually I accepted how things were. It's like Roman is one of those fans still hoping

Very true. I'm as big as a nino fan as there is, but damn, even I had to realize he is finished in terms of what he used to be. Sucks for his fans, teammates, boss, etc.

I keep having the slimmer of hope he goes ham one stretch, just goal after goal but we all know...

Even still, the goal he scored against Barca last season will forever be such a :smokin not even that it was difficult because it wasn't, but that whole sequence man.

Back
Top Bottom