The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

What I mean is he has been signed to Chelsea. So it's not anything we didn't already see happening nor is it any new development. So with that being said one could mention zaha.

I mentioned a manager because you included it as something Chelsea was doing that we were not... Or maybe I misunderstood you

Your basing your opinion of arsenal on speculation. We have been linked to strootman, thiago, bale, Baine's and cr7 but again should be taken with a grain of salt. I agree tho we need to make moves.. I really hope thiago pans out.

Sanogo is nearly a done deal. He just needs to sign the papers which will be after the U20 WC but all terms have been agreed. As for Higuain, his father said that the clubs are in advanced stages, which isn't much to go by :lol: especially considering that they could fall apart. But with Juve going after Tevez, and if they do get him (haven't gotten a chance to read about it, just saw the headlines) it will only help us. To my knowledge no other clubs were trying to sign him. I did read that Ancelotti would have a say in the situation. Not sure how true that is. But we will see. I wish there was more to go on about Felliani, like you said and we all know, there's a lot of speculation. The recent picture of him and Arteta, I'm sure some paper wrote a piece about it :lol: Now that I think about it, the TW opens in about a week. Somehow everyone and their mom seems to get linked with us. Gotta love silly season

Arsenal has signed some youngsters recently. I'm expecting a handful of loans. Campbell, Wellington, Eisfeld, Miquel, Aneke, Yennaris, Afobe, etc. Although, I know some fans aren't too fond of players being loaned in the EPL.

As for Anthony Brooks, I wouldn't blame him for holding out for Germany either :lol: but I hope we can keep him.

Anyone know if Ryan Giggs was at the USA U20/France U20 match? I saw on twitter that he was but I didn't look into it. So i'm not sure if someone was just trolling or not.

Chelsea fans also want Hulk to be brought in :lol:
So Moses to ride the bench....KDB to be loaned out again?

@FrenchFtWeekly OFFICIAL: Nampalys Mendy has signed for OGC Nice. Confirmed on the @ogcnice website. Wonderful signing. Great move #OGCN

New away kit

Last edited:
Don't really understand that Schurrle signing. I wonder what Mou is gonna do in the midfield.

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Unless he gets rid of Mata (which is stupid but rumors say he's leaving)

But I like Schurrle man. I would look at a 1-4-1-4

St: Whoever
Mids: Hazard - Mata - Oscar - Schuurle
DM- Lampard?

Why does somebody have to be gotten rid of because we signed Shurrle?

There's this thing called a rotation. Between Mazacar, Moses, Schurrle, and KDB we will have a ton of depth in the attacking midfield. Nobody has to leave. If anybody can find a way to rotate all of these players and get everybody PT it will be Mourinho.

And Mata has already issued statements saying the rumors are bogus.

New away kit is looking good. Rooney, Higuain and Fellaini will look great holding it up in the next couple weeks. :smokin

One of the best Arsenal/football/any sport compilations I've seen. :wow:

**** is *Arsene's voice* "top top quality" :smokin

Last edited:
I should have added....

City with a fully fit Yaya, Aguero, Carlito, Navas, Fernandinho, Milner etc with a competent manager like Pellegrini are also building something fierce.

Don't get it twisted. Next season will be a very very tight season.

"One of these things is not like the others,
One of these things just doesn't belong,
Can you tell which thing is not like the others
By the time I finish my song?"

Slick troll job Eiddy. :lol:

Last edited:
Don't really understand that Schurrle signing. I wonder what Mou is gonna do in the midfield.

Schurrle had already been agreed before Jose returned and it was too late to pull out of the deal by then pretty much so they went ahead with it, Im sure Jose must of given approval though

But I like Schurrle man. I would look at a 1-4-1-4

St: Whoever
Mids: Hazard - Mata - Oscar - Schuurle
DM- Lampard?

Not sure if serious. This is what happens when you try and understand the game through playing FIFA. :lol:

I don't pay much attention to rumors, but Isco to RMadrid is an interesting one. He would be a great buy for anyone, and it'll be fascinating to see how Ancelotti sets up. He prefers variations of a 4-5-1, but he has Ozil who plays in the hole and CR on the left of an attacking 3 in a 4-2-3-1, which are the two positions Isco prefers. Then again, Isco is more talented than Ozil, so we'll see what happens. Always glad to see young Spanish stars stay in Spain, but I hate it had to be RM.

Confed Cup has been great - teams are so much less conservative than they are in the World Cup. Hoping to see Spain-Brazil in the final.
Brazil have improved a lot as expected, but they need to sort out their midfield as IMO Oscar and Hernanes aren't being used optimally.
Neymar quieting the critics EARLY :pimp:

Last edited:
Im almost positive isco will be moved out right (rumored di maria will be leaving)..

Benz
CR7 Ozil Isco
Alonso/ Modric

Well look for Oscar to play deeper too at times, aka taking over Franks spot. So you easily rotate those. The real question is who will be the defensive mid to play real deep. I'm not sure if Jose would play Luiz there as Rafa did at the end of the season. Even he likes to get too attack happy and hang out 35 yards out and fire lazers on net, hoping for a wonder goal.

I remember I showed similar stats to big United fan, where Arteta had out shinned Carrick and he refused to believe them :lol:
I did come across this video of Arteta. It's a recent one, thought it was good

As much as I would like to see the Ramsey-Arteta partnership continue. I would like to see Arteta pushed up, granted that we sign a DM. Not sure what direction Wenger will go in terms of defining roles for Ramsey and Wilshere and what he feels would be their best.

@DeadlineDayLive Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuaín is now very close to joining Arsenal after Juventus were priced out of the move. (Source: Football Italia)
@redditsoccer SC Freiburg signs Auxerre defender Christopher Jullien
@redditsoccer Zidane will be Real Madrid's assistant coach next season (Spanish: http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/06/26/primera/1372249389_609131.html )
@TNC_Ligue1 Lorient close to the signing of Raphael #Guerreiro from #Caen. €5million total amount on a 4-year deal. (Source: @FCLorientUK)

Last edited:
Goal.com's Transfer Talk episode #11.

Below are the latest transfer rumors.... I would love to swap Alexis for Roma's Marquinhos, right footed or not...

- Dortmund bid €12m for Kevin Volland
- Mario Gomez joins Fiorentina
- Man United prepare €50m Ronaldo package
- Real Madrid to trump Spurs for Paulinho
- Inter line up Richards as Ranocchia replacement
- Milan hopeful of Kaka or Honda deals
- Malaga & Atletico hopeful of Bojan loan
- Barca & Roma could swap Alexis & Marquinhos
- Arsenal track Le Havre youngster Mendy

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom