The Ultimate Soccer Thread 2012-2013 Vol. 3 Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga etc

Should have never got to PKs but man I feel for Italy.

At least we get to see the final that many wanted, but although Spain is tired from the extra time and lack of extra day rest, they'll still beat Brazil.

I hate PKs to decide finals but the drama and pressure in semis is always crazyy :pimp:

Both teams left it all out there, crazy how there were 14 PKs taken and neither legendary goalie even got a fingertip on one.

Those pks were some of the best ever, keepers had NO chance at all aside from the last Italian :lol: needed ballotelli though smh

Spain Brazil will be great the old guard vs the young stars of the hosts

Missing presence of Balotelli hurt Italy today. What a ******g game though, one for the ages.

OUTRAGE if Brazil doesn't win on hometurf in this or in the WC. but if it happens its another slap of reality for the country

Mata is the best player on the pitch since he came on. But Del Bosque prefers the likes of Pedro, Silva, Fabregas over him. :smh:

Spain getting all these balls into the box, with nobody to finish them because this moron Del Bosque chooses to play with no strikers.

This game is going to penalties 0 to 0. This is what happens when you play 14 midfielders on the pitch at the same time. :lol:

Gotta love armchair managers. Question: if one of the most decorated managers in the history of the game is a moron, what does that make you? Yes, the game went to penalties - mainly because it is incredibly difficult to break down an organized 3-5-2 when you're naturally in a 4-3-3. But those '14 midfielders' thrashed Italy in one of the greatest final performances in international history, so it's a bit stupid to criticize his selection. Regardless, they did play w/ a striker, though it's a shame Soldado was injured.

Mata doesn't play over Pedro because they're different players. Pedro's work and movement off the ball is far more valuable than having another playmaker taking up Iniesta/Xavi's space. Fabregas usually starts because he can actually play in central midfield or as a false 9. And Cesc is a more complete midfielder anyway. Silva starting over Mata is the only selection where questioning maybe warranted, but Silva is more committed and intelligent in his defensive work, and did very well his last time out against Italy.

VdB brought on Martinez as a CF because he's the best presser in world football. Immediately after he came on, Italy were pushed back, and there was pretty much one-way traffic from there. Since they were having trouble breaking them down, the hope was that he'd press the Italian backline into a mistake. Also, JM is far and away the best aerial player in the side, so his presence in conjunction with Navas could have lead to a header on goal. His aerial ability also shored up their set piece marking.

Last edited:
Missing presence of Balotelli hurt Italy today. What a ******g game though, one for the ages.

This stood out to me the most. I thought Italy had the better more clear cut chances and should have won. Gilardino had some chances i thought he could have done better with that Super Mario probably would have finished. Balo's skill up top was missed.

I hope spain gets it together for the final i am expecting a great game. And for the record i really like David Silva....but Mata looked good yesterday and hopefully if things aren't going well he gets in a little earlier this time.

Back
Top Bottom